AMD PC Conf - RPG Gamer

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
i would say go with a 5850 now and upgrade when a replacement comes arnd march.

the 57xx series will replace arnd early feb .

OP
S

shadez

GaMeR

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thanks all you guys for the reply. i am buying my rig in maybe a weeks time. so settling up for this config:

proccy: Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz B.E. @ ~8k
mobo: MSI 890GX @ ~8k
memory: Corsair 4Gb DDR3 1333Mhz @ 5.8k
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB @ 3.2k
cabby: NZXT M59 @ ?????
PSU: Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k

Just a couple of more questions:
1. Cost of that cabby. :D
2. MSI 890GX has onboard graphics right? just confirming. is there MSI 890GXM? better? cost?
3. GPU: HD5850 or 2xHD5770? damn confused.

Please help...
thanks.

2. if its M, it'll be microATX. so either you'll loose 1 PCIe X 16 slot. or the price will be high.

3. If you can, go with the second option.

3. Two HD 5770's will cost you 17K if you are going for BIOSTAR, and 18.2K if you are going for MSI. Please note BIOSTAR cards have to be sent to DELHI for RMA.

Coming to the PSU, a HD5770 crossfire will be running the VX 550W close to it limit. The setup would require close to 450W on load.A TX650 will be on the safe side

only if the card develops problem.

about the PSU, it is safe. he can run. but yes, any sort of OC or anything will bring trouble. if OP can, better lower the core voltage so during heavy load the PSU is not under heavy load.

HD5770 crossfire is greater than HD 5870.The combo will run any games atleast for 1yr to come. :)

2yrs on HD resolution. 1yr if HD + tessellation.

OP
S

shadez

GaMeR
2. if its M, it'll be microATX. so either you'll loose 1 PCIe X 16 slot. or the price will be high.
3. If you can, go with the second option.
2yrs on HD resolution. 1yr if HD + tessellation.
i checked this link:
MSI Global ? Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more
and this video:
YouTube - MSI 890GXM-G65 890GX DDR3 AM3 Crossfire Motherboard Unboxing & First Look Linus Tech Tips

the video shows 2 16x pcie slots, i pci and 1 small one (1x?)
and pulsar_swift says its for 7.4k + tax.
could you guys please confirm the same again? sorry for the trouble.

alrite i will go with 2x5770. sounds good. thanks guys...

CORSAIR TX 650 - Rs 6800
uff... thats big difference... but i think i will go for it. why compromise with this one in the end...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i checked this link:
MSI Global ? Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more
and this video:
YouTube - MSI 890GXM-G65 890GX DDR3 AM3 Crossfire Motherboard Unboxing & First Look Linus Tech Tips

the video shows 2 16x pcie slots, i pci and 1 small one (1x?)
and pulsar_swift says its for 7.4k + tax.
could you guys please confirm the same again? sorry for the trouble.

alrite i will go with 2x5770. sounds good. thanks guys...

uff... thats big difference... but i think i will go for it. why compromise with this one in the end...

so crossfire possible. and as i pointed, price will be high. for PSU, you got a good option: Cooler Master GX-650W @ 5.5k.

OP
S

shadez

GaMeR
so crossfire possible. and as i pointed, price will be high. for PSU, you got a good option: Cooler Master GX-650W @ 5.5k.
yeah the CM sounds good.

It has 2 PCI-E slots, what speed will they work in crossfire ? 8X or 4X ?
whats that? man, you confuse me more and more. :oops: the vid and page says 2 PCIe 16x slots. how does it change/affect in crossfire?

btw... just came back after meeting my retailer. This was my proposed system:
mobo: MSI 890GXM-G65 @ ~8k
cabby: NZXT M59 @ 3.8k
PSU: Corsair TX650 @ 6.8k

His quotation was:
proccy: Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz B.E. @ 8050
mobo: MSI 890GXM-G65 @ 7900
memory: Kingston 4Gb DDR3 1333Mhz @ 5300
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB @ 3250
cabby: Coolermaster o-circle @ 1200
PSU: Corsair TX650 @ 6300 (or) CM 650w @ 5200

saw the CM o-circle cabby. didnt like it. but thats all hes got. will check again for nzxt. why is it so tough to get this one?
PSU: can i go with CoolerMaster? or do i stick to Corsair? what do you guys recommend?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
whats that? man, you confuse me more and more. :oops: the vid and page says 2 PCIe 16x slots. how does it change/affect in crossfire?

buddy listen carefully. a PCIe X 16 usually runs at 16X (full bandwidth). in a 890GX or P55 motherboard if 2 cards are fitted same time, it runs at X8+X8 i.e. each slot runs at half the bandwidth. this affects performance but not in a big way. as you going for 2 X HD5770, and these cards not highend, so total performance will be same.

eg: consider a highway(X16+X16). 2 lane. its good for 2 truck.
now take a city road. a medium size(X8+X8). if you try squeeze 2 trucks in such a road. they'll fit in but will cause trouble. same happens in X8+X8 mode. 2 highend cards means lots of memory. X8+X8 is enough but X16+X16 much better. so we have the X58 & 890FX chipsets. they offer X16+X16 bandwidth.

as in sameway, in a city road, one can easily drive 2 sedans without any trouble. so, go with 2 X HD5770. it won't cause any problem.

btw... just came back after meeting my retailer. This was my proposed system:
mobo: MSI 890GXM-G65 @ ~8k
cabby: NZXT M59 @ 3.8k
PSU: Corsair TX650 @ 6.8k

His quotation was:
proccy: Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz B.E. @ 8050
mobo: MSI 890GXM-G65 @ 7900
memory: Kingston 4Gb DDR3 1333Mhz @ 5300
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB @ 3250
cabby: Coolermaster o-circle @ 1200
PSU: Corsair TX650 @ 6300 (or) CM 650w @ 5200

saw the CM o-circle cabby. didnt like it. but thats all hes got. will check again for nzxt. why is it so tough to get this one?
PSU: can i go with CoolerMaster? or do i stick to Corsair? what do you guys recommend?

what cabby is that? can you post a whole name. 0-circle? never heard of it. if going for 2 graphics card, please get a good cabinet. if possible CM 690 or minimum is M59 (Gamma if u want simple & cheap).

for PSU part, well 550W enough for 2 X HD5770. so a 650W from CM (which i consider a 600W) will be a good buy. safe + value.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
A crossfire config PC needs a good cabby for air flow, else ur 955BE is gonna suffer and you will soon report one more thread, 955BE running hot :D. If you are unable to find NZXT M59, try to order online.

Its not Cooler Master - O - Circle. It should be circle cabinet. :D, your dealer added coolermaster to its name

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
its confirmed that AM3 will be supported into 2011 , so no worries.

the only minus is that the 32 nm llano and buldozer will have 2-3 features disabled , whire AM3r/AM3+ will supoort all features.

pulsar is right that is circle cabby not cooler master.

if you cant find M59 go for antec 300

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

the only minus is that the 32 nm llano and buldozer will have 2-3 features disabled , whire AM3r/AM3+ will supoort all features.

atleast will support. than no worries. all most ppls need is support & upgrade path should be open. if C&Q3.0 isn't supported or say turbo or something not supported. only a minor segment of peoples will be sad. thats good news. thanks.

NZXT isn't available. Antec will be a distant dream, i suppose :p

OP
S

shadez

GaMeR
Sam: got it Sirji. thank you... :)

Pulsar: yup, will get m59 or cm 690 or similar. thanks... :)

pulsar is right that is circle cabby not cooler master.

thats good news. hope you dont mind me asking you your source of info. if you could share...

Antec will be a distant dream, i suppose :p
why? :confused: :oops:
i read a review that CM 690 is comparatively better than antec 300. true?

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
the support thing was being talked about in AMD forums.

and CM690 is expensive too . the nzxt m59 and antec three hundred are both around 3.8k.

*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=256

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
why? :confused: :oops:
i read a review that CM 690 is comparatively better than antec 300. true?

i mean to say, if your dealer gave you circle cabinets (assuming he don't have CM cabinets). i doubt he even know theres a company named Antec that makes some of the best cabinets & PSUs :)

Top Bottom