AMD Motherboard & CPU around 10k

Rohit1980

Broken In
I am planning to get a new motherboard & CPU (preferably AMD) for around 10k. Main purpose gaming & browsing..
Is Phenom II X2 550 good?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
baba goodone. its Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H

It will be even better if you can spend 1k more and get AMD Phenom II x6 1055t for 7.6k. great performer and futureproof.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

oh i didnt see your post rohit. it will be better if you fill pc build questionnaire template now.

OP
R

Rohit1980

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Games, HD movies & Internet (mostly Download)

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 10k (For CPU & Mobo)

4. Planning to overclock?
A: No

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Win7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: Not needed

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: 24" AOC LED

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 4

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: 1 week

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Hard disk, KB, Mouse, DVD Player, UPS, Monitor

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Bangalore

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: Nil

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
ok -

Components | Make | Price | Comments
Processor|AMD Phenom II x6 1055t|7500|otherwise look at AMD Phenom II x4 955BE @ 6.5k if you cant spend more. but this is much more futureproof
Motherboard|Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H|4000|alternatively you can look at Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H @ 5.5k. its a full atx and recommended if you will add cards > 9" like HD6850 in general
| Total |11500|

you have DDR3 ram.
psu is separate from budget? if yes i will suggest a Corsair VX450W @ 3.5k. will allow you to add upto 6950 or 560 in future.

masterkd

Padawan
Rohit1980 said:
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Games, HD movies & Internet (mostly Download)

^does he really need a six core for this..IMO phenom II 955 BE is the best for this..but yes, nothing harms if he can afford it!!

saswat23

Human Spambot
^does he really need a six core for this..IMO phenom II 955 BE is the best for this..but yes, nothing harms if he can afford it!!

Yes, Phenom II 955 BE is actually what he needs.
But still a 6-core proccy is a very good decision for a future proof system.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
My vote also goes to phenom 2 x6 1055t. Its very good in multitasking and completely worth its price over a 955be.

narendra4u

Broken In
ok -

Components | Make | Price | Comments
Processor|AMD Phenom II x6 1055t|7500|otherwise look at AMD Phenom II x4 955BE @ 6.5k if you cant spend more. but this is much more futureproof
Motherboard|Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H|4000|alternatively you can look at Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H @ 5.5k. its a full atx and recommended if you will add cards > 9" like HD6850 in general
| Total |11500|

you have DDR3 ram.
psu is separate from budget? if yes i will suggest a Corsair VX450W @ 3.5k. will allow you to add upto 6950 or 560 in future.

Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H rs 4000 which shop????

OP
R

Rohit1980

Broken In
Hi Guys,

Have selected the following configuration:

AMD Phenom II x6 1055t
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL
Corsair VX450W

can u tell me which cabinet will be good?

Top Bottom