AMD HD 6950 and 6970 released

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Well then gaming at 1600x900 will enable more fps with physx on. Atleast its an option and a good one to have. Review sites tested metro with very high setting and in dx 11.

My card gives 30-40 fps in metro at high settings(not very high) and resolutions of 1600x900 (still more than 720p). 560 at these settings can easily give more than 60fps. Now enabling physx will bring fps to my current levels which are very much playable.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^you can say that. but people with these cards mostly have full HD monitors and when they pay 16k for a gpu they atleast tend to game at full hd.

addons welcome but.

Last edited:

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Hey i also like add-on, who doesnt??
The thing is any technology that is implemented and marketed should work as it is supposed to be.
The trend from last couple of years is,these gpu manufacturers bombard with new jargons and terms which the customers doesnt totally understand whats the use of it,keeping the main purpose aside..(see what happened with the last to last generation of gpus,the ones with dx10) they were totally killed by the games rendered on dx10.
They just know to make money on the jargons they publish,the end user doesnt even know what to do with these features.That is not a problem in this forum but a world scale problem,we know all the technicals,know-how of these technology but very few of us actaully implement in their work.
Still no game perfected for dx11 fully optimised,let alone the tessallation,ray tracing and all the stuff that is present in dx11.
(And this is for all gpu giants,programmers,game developers etc.)
I just hope that they dont make dx11 a failure too just as dx10 was,though it was tough to code and render dx10,still it was a break through to new techniques of rendering.
DX10 was a failure itself IMO.(uncooked meal from microsoft).

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Should be the most expensive 6950 as well. That cooler looks really nice though.

After a hell lot of finding found the price :

$ 480 ( new Zealand Dollar )
Video Cards - PCI Express - Gigabyte GV-R695OC-1GD Video Card, Radeon HD 6950, 1024MB, DDR5, PCIe-16, DVI, HDMI, CrossFire
when Converted : $368

wait a little bit - after newegg and all other major on line shops gets this card in their stock the price will go down for sure.

rchi84

In the zone
With such close performance, i think we are due for some price cuts this month. The success with the 6950 bios flash makes it impossible to consider a 6970 anymore. Definitely not worth the 50 USD price difference.

rchi84

In the zone
W00t! Another Powercolor 6950 PCS ++ Review.

PowerColor HD 6950 PCS++ 2 GB Review - Page 1/28 | techPowerUp

At $305 (around 14K- Should be worth another 3K here), this looks to be an awesome bargain, esp if the newer batches of the 6950 have started hitting shelves without the additional shaders.

Interesting thing is that they managed to OC the memory upto 1600 Mhz!

I think this will be released in limited numbers and not hopeful of seeing this card reach indian shores anytime soon.

Top Bottom