AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver 13.1 - 17/1/2013

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
The AMD Catalyst software suite 13.1 contains the following:
  • AMD display driver version 9.012
  • HydraVision for Windows Vista and Windows® 7
  • Southbridge/IXP Driver
  • AMD Catalyst Control Center version 9.012 / AMD Vision Engine Control Center version 9.012
Build Info:
DriverVer=12/19/2012, 9.012.0.0000
9.012-121219a-151592C-ATI
Catalyst: 13.1
CCC: 2012.1219.1521.27485
D3D: 9.14.10.0945
OGL: 6.14.10.12002
OCL: 10.0.1084.4
Sign Date: January 11-16 (Microsoft WHQL)
FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE AMD CATALYST 13.1:AMD Catalyst Control Center: New 3D settings and profile management user interface: AMD Catalyst 13.1 features a newly designed 3D application settings page, designed to allow users to more easily adjust and control their 3D settings on a per application basis.Performance Highlights of AMD Catalyst 13.1 (vs. AMD Catalyst 12.10): Includes all of the performance improvements found in AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11
  • Performance gains seen on the entire AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series:
  • All game were tested at high / extreme / ultra levels
    • Enhanced performance in Far Cry 3 (up to 25% with 8xMSAA, SSAO enabled @ 1600p, and up to 15% with 8xMSAA, HDAO enabled @1600p) (AMD Catalyst 12.11 CAP2 must also be installed)
    • Enhanced AMD CrossFire™ scaling performance in Call of Duty Black Ops 2
    • Up to 10%-15% more performance in Battlefield 3 in most cases
      • • More than 20% in certain missions and sequences (Comrades)
    • Up to 7% more performance in Metro 2033
    • Up to 10% more performance in DiRT Showdown
    • Up to 8% more performance in Sleeping Dogs
    • Up to 12% more performance in Civilization V
    • Up to 10% more performance in StarCraft II
    • Up to 8% more performance in Sniper Elite: V2
    • Up to 5% more performance in Max Payne 3

Resolved Issues for the Windows 8 / Windows 7 Operating Systems:This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 13.1 software suite.
  • A sporadic system hang encountered with a single AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPU seen on X58 and X79 chipsets.
  • An intermittent hang encountered with AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPUs in an AMD CrossFire + Eyefinity setup.
  • Missing fonts in XBMC
  • No video found in Media Player Classic Home Cinema when using full or half floating point processing
  • Skyrim lighting (missing a lighting pass) for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
  • Skyrim cloud corruption experience in various in game locations
  • A hang playing Dishonored on the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
  • Engine and memory clocks running too high when the GPU is idle.
  • GPU activity runs at lower values than expected seen on the AMD Radeon HD 7870.
  • Corruption seen in Darkness 2 and Carrier Command when using AMD CrossFire configurations
  • Adobe Premier Pro CS6 may fail to launch
  • Hang experienced with AMD Crossfire and Eyefinity enabled on X58 and X78 chipsets
  • Corel PaintShop Pro X3 – Hangs at the “Initializing Command Manager” window
  • Company of Heroes 2 – display corruption experienced when AA is enabled in the AMD Catalyst Control Center
  • Cyberlink Powerdirector 10 crashes intermittently.
  • Company of Heroes : Tales of Valor – Flickering experienced when AA is disabled
  • Max Payne 3 – Flickering experienced in DirectX 9 mode with forced AA enabled
  • Cyberlink PoweDVD 10 – crashes intermittently
  • VLC - Green texture corruption seen in 720p MPEG2 video clips
  • Black screen encountered when “Alternate DVI mode” is enabled in the AMD Catalyst Control Center
  • Green display corruption seen in Skype webcam video

SOURCE: AMD Site, *www.guru3d.com/files_details/amd_catalyst_13_1_whql_download.html

Cilus

laborare est orare
AMD has also released the 13.2 beta driver which fixed issues regarding frame latency reported in some review sites. Here is the link: A driver update to reduce Radeon frame times - The Tech Report - Page 1

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Pretty sure amd released this beta driver to counter the bad publicity by this report Radeon HD 7950 vs. GeForce GTX 660 Ti revisited - The Tech Report - Page 1
That percentile frame time method seems pretty irrelevant and far fetched. I doubt one would notice those things while actually playing.

Last edited:

Thunder

Journeyman
Me has a 6770. I don't think older generation cards will gain much from the new update or am I wrong?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty sure amd released this beta driver to counter the bad publicity by this report Radeon HD 7950 vs. GeForce GTX 660 Ti revisited - The Tech Report - Page 1
That percentile frame time method seems pretty irrelevant and far fetched. I doubt one would notice those things while actually playing.

Borderlands 2 scored a 7ms fall in frame time. There is also a 1 FPS average dip which is barely noticeable.

I really don't know how human eyes perceive things, but is 7ms difference noticeable at all for us mere mortals? :neutral:

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
There were a few issues while running in DX11 mode in Metro 2033. I don't see any fix mentioned there.

Top Bottom