AMD Athlon II x4 processor showing 784 MHz speed?

evewin89

In the zone
Hello guys. i just wanna know why my system info. is showing wrong info.
as i have AMD Athlon II x4 processor 2.8Ghz. but in the system properties its showing its speed as 784 MHz.
and i have installed 2GB corsair 1333Mhz DDR3 ram which is showing as 1.75GB in the system properties.Hello guys. i just wanna know why my system info. is showing wrong info.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
be cool, stay quite :smile:

cool & quite is on. do 1 thing, open CPU_Z, run a game & than press window key to go to desktop (or use Alt+Tab) and watch for yourself the speed CPU_Z shows. it'll show 2.8Ghz. even if you run any heavy app (like video converter) the speed will be 2.8Ghz & when idle, its 800Mhz, 1.8Ghz, 2.3Ghz & under full load 2.8. (2.9Ghz in my case).

about ram, 256Mb is being used as graphics memory.

cool down now.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
be cool, stay quite :smile:

cool & quite is on. do 1 thing, open CPU_Z, run a game & than press window key to go to desktop (or use Alt+Tab) and watch for yourself the speed CPU_Z shows. it'll show 2.8Ghz. even if you run any heavy app (like video converter) the speed will be 2.8Ghz & when idle, its 800Mhz, 1.8Ghz, 2.3Ghz & under full load 2.8. (2.9Ghz in my case).

about ram, 256Mb is being used as graphics memory.

cool down now.

It happens with all cpu's. Mine shows 1200mhz when idle and when running single threaded apps it shoots to 3.6ghz. Intel calls it turboboost.

OP
evewin89

evewin89

In the zone
thankz for the info. i thought my Amd processor is duplicate one. :)

i have one more thing to ask. recently i installed AMD overdrive software. is it fine to auto clock my computer with that software. i was trying to do overclock by using the auto clock option but it was taking very much time so i cancelled the process. usually how much time it'll take to overclock automatically with that software.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
it is a boring way of overclocking your processor. list your processor and motherboard model numbers.

OP
evewin89

evewin89

In the zone
My config. is
proccy: Athlon II X4 630:
mobo: Biostar TA785G3 HD
ram: corsair 2GB DDR3 1333MHz
HDD:Western Digital Caviar green 1TB
psu: Corsair CX400W
cabby-zebronics bijli (with the default 2fan that comes with the cabby.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
My config. is
proccy: Athlon II X4 630:
mobo: Biostar TA785G3 HD
ram: corsair 2GB DDR3 1333MHz
HDD:Western Digital Caviar green 1TB
psu: Corsair CX400W
cabby-zebronics bijli (with the default 2fan that comes with the cabby.

if you not play much games, i'll suggest switch to only Sideport memory. that board have 128Mb DDR3 on board so will free up the full ram.

about OC, if you are not willing get a new cooler or not want OC a lot, get a good thermal gel, remove the old one, apply new. now you can OC to 3.2-3.4Ghz & still keep proccy happy & cool. with the stock paste, not above 3Ghz as its of really low quality.

OP
evewin89

evewin89

In the zone
how to switch only to Sideport memory of my board that have 128Mb DDR3 on board.

As i live in jamshedpur. here its hard to find good quality thermal paste. so how to overclock the cpu without harming it and decently increase its performance with the default fan above the c.p.u.

i'm not a hardcore gamer. just a novice in the field of overclocking. so if possible plz suggest the simplest way to overclock the computer without harming the components.

pauldmps

Banned
^^ I too had problems finding thermal paste in Jamshedpur. Finally, got it from Kolkata (Chandni Chowk).

You might try asking for one at the New Capital Electronics in Sakchi Market (Beside Leather World & Citi Style)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
how to switch only to Sideport memory of my board that have 128Mb DDR3 on board.

in Bios under Advance Tab, maybe there will be an option for graphics memory. its should be something like this:

UMA.
UMA + Sideport
Sideport <--- choose this.

As i live in jamshedpur. here its hard to find good quality thermal paste. so how to overclock the cpu without harming it and decently increase its performance with the default fan above the c.p.u.

i'm not a hardcore gamer. just a novice in the field of overclocking. so if possible plz suggest the simplest way to overclock the computer without harming the components.

you can try OC your processor to 3Ghz but above that & the stock thermal paste mayn't be a good option.

OP
evewin89

evewin89

In the zone
@pauldmps

great to hear that u r also form jamshedpur:)

@Sam.Shab

thanks for the info. i'll definately follow ur guideline and i'll let u know my computer performance increased or not.

Top Bottom