AMD Athlon 64 3000+/1.8--2.7 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Is the stock speed of 3000+ (939) 1.8 Ghz?But I have heard that it can be overclocked to 2.7 ghz.I have a 2800+(754) with a stock speed of 1.8 Ghz,How much can it be overclocked?I have a MSI K8n neo V with 512 MB of Ram.Also, while overclocking should the temperature be the only concern?Can I keep overclocking it till the temp is under control?

Kniwor

Learner
lol....
no, the stability is our first concern, then the tempetature, voltage control is important.
if u just go on increasing the speed u will not reach 2.7Ghz
u might want to read these posts

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231293&postcount=2
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228798&postcount=60

OP
samrulez

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Thanks.Can u tell me how much can my CPU be Overclocked.(2800+)(754)the approximate speed after overclocking.Can it reach 2.4 or above ????

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Overclocking depends on different components and its quality. But remember o'cing void ur warranty. There are some good guide in the tutorial section, check those out *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35. Also ask Kniwor and Darklord, they could help u a lot.

Kniwor

Learner
U can not know how much a cpu can be overclocked until u overclock it.....

surely it can reach 2.4, and pass beyond it...

just check ur BIOS, i never had the chance to see BIOS for that board... see what options are there.... if u dont understand things.. all for help again

OP
samrulez

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
How does oc'ing void the warranty???Even if I oc it once and then run it at normal willl that also void the warranty.Does it have a lock or something??I had overclocked it once for 1 or 2 dayz,has the warranty expired???Pls send me a link to the stability software...

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
i have a A64 3000+ on A8N SLI Prem..
i have reached stable core speeds at
cpu_289x9(2.6ghx) @ vid_1.475 htt_4x
stability test by prime95 and OCCT

you have to do lots of burnins to achieve higher oc rates

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well ... if u intend to lower ur ram frequency and htt and oc the processor ... and if u finally reach the limit for the processor and don't cross the default ram frequency .. u'll lose out a lot of performance in case of Athlon processors ... lol ... so unless u have good ram don't oc your processor .. ...

Kniwor

Learner
@samrulez
overclocking voids the warranty, this is a warranty condition of the manufacturer, so if u have a burnt cpu and tell AMD that it got burnt while u were overclocking it.. then u wont get a replacement... but in general, they will not try to find out if u have overclocked it...... so practically overclocking does not change anything... and most people who get their procy burnt will get it replaced without saying they overclocked it.... although this is illegal and i am not advocating this at all.....

@deathvirus_me
making such general statements does not serve a purpose, it obviously depends on the ram u have, if u have a poor ram, with poor read/write speeds, and the ram is already a bottleneck, and u are also sharing it as video memory... this will hold true for any processors and nothing to do with athlons......

but if ur condition is like mine... 1Gb 1.5CL ram running in dual channel, and video card has it's own memory at 21Gb/s and ram read/write speeds are already 6000Mb/s then it does not matter if i run it 20Mhz slower.... because ram is not a bottleneck for me..... so whatever processor it is, it will not matter...

well my stable speeds are

2.86Ghz @ 1.45v
2.8Ghz @ 1.4375v
2.6Ghz @ 1.31v ----------- (great for hot days)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom