AMD : 6850 crashes again

ankurhotnot

Broken In
wel i played metro 2033 on my pc using 8600 gt graphic card ..no problem bt the game dont work with ati 6850...(ati driver(atimpag.sys) stops working)

and i recently brought crysis 2.... as soon as i started the game after the developer logo the game hanged each and every time... crysis2 benchmark dosent work stating OpenAutomatePlugin.dll failed to load.... then i tried with 8600 gt and it worked.... then i applied no intro patch and game worked even on 6850.......

m realy geting sick of this .... plz tel whether my 6850 might be faulty or ati drivers seems not to be working.......( dragon age origin, metro 2033 and cod:Black ops only hang or crash stating ati drivers stopped working even though i am using latest drivers..)

the pc secification are - core i-5, 2gb ddr -3 ram , 6850 gpu , corsair vx 450 , 320 gb hdd...

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Did u reinstall the OS after installing the new GPU?

If not, did u use drive sweeper after uninstalling nvidia drivers & before installing ati catalyst ?

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess you're facing a lot of issues. Only solution is a clean format and going with AMD Catalyst 11.4 with CAP.

OP
A

ankurhotnot

Broken In
Did u reinstall the OS after installing the new GPU?

If not, did u use drive sweeper after uninstalling nvidia drivers & before installing ati catalyst ?

yeh i reinstalled os after adding this gpu as i also upgraded to core i-5 family.....

and yeh i used drive sweeper after uninstalling nvidia driver then agin used it to sweep ati previous driver and then installed new one...but no luck

Cilus

laborare est orare
Then some of the memory module of the card is faulty. I had the same issue with my HD 5770 and I RMAed it. Do one thing, add the card to any other system, provided the system has a good PSU and try the games. It it crashes again then it is a hardware issue...send the card for RMA.

OP
A

ankurhotnot

Broken In
Then some of the memory module of the card is faulty. I had the same issue with my HD 5770 and I RMAed it. Do one thing, add the card to any other system, provided the system has a good PSU and try the games. It it crashes again then it is a hardware issue...send the card for RMA.

oh thanx ......i too was thinking that it might be a hardware issue ....... will surely send it for testing

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Even I had faced issues with Sapphire 6850. Got it replaced with Sapphire 6850 toxic.

Seems too many sapphire 6850 are giving issues...

Top Bottom