AMD 6670 HDMI problem can't detect Samsung TV

mitraark

Decrepit
Hello,

I've been using Samsung 40H5100 as the display of my PC since last mont, connected to the HDMI port of my GPU, HD6670.

Everything was working fine until one day the screen showed "no signal" when I turned on the PC.

I thought it was the cable at fault, so I got a new HDMI cable, unfortunately the problem still exists. It's not detecting the TV as a separate display, detect display option shows only one monitor ( connected to VGA of my GPU, HD6670)

I've conneted the TV to my laptops HDMI PORT and it works fine, showing SAMSUNG as a displa.

Is there any way I can see only the HDMI port settings of my GPU? test whether HDMI port if functioning or not? I dont have another TV.

Any troubleshooting methods I can apply?

OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
I have come to the same conclusion.

To be honest I didn't know such a thing could happen, the GPU is working fine, I did not change any software setting nor did I do anything with the HDMI cable or Port.

Getting a DVI to HDMI converter, have to decide whether to get a new GPU, or attach a set of speakers now ( which I didn't want, was ok with the TV speakers, didn't want to clutter the TV shelf.)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
things like this can happen - one dvi port of a 8600gt stopped working long back though first I thought the card is gone. Second one is a motherboard which functions fine but just shuts itself down in windows if onboard vga is used - I mean even before installing vga drivers. The same board works wonderfully under linux and you can even play 3d games with wine.

OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
Got myself a DVI to HDMI converter, getting video.

Oh my god I'm getting audio after connecting the HDMI cable from my TV to the DVI port of my GPU through a female HDMI male DVI 24+1 converter.
Praise the Lord!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly didn't know You get audio through DVI

Last edited:
Top Bottom