<AM3+> vs <FM2> AMD Sockets Which is better?

Satyadeep@digit

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I am planning to buy a pc for gaming and superior entertainment.
I gathered some specs. from net for my PC.
My budget for my CPU only is <=23000.

but I am confused between amd's am3+ and fm2 sockets, as price on flipcart am3+ 6 core edition comes in price
of fm2 quad core edition.

kindly help ... please :)

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^If you are to gaming,always buy an AMD AM3+ socket based motherboard,from Gigabyte or Asus or AsRock.
Invest in a good AMD R270 GPU card,and have the fun.

Gollum

Collector
all fm2 socket boards support am3+-*/
although fm2 looks like a split design, its the same dimension.
all coolers are compatible and since fm2 is new, by theory, its better.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
answer these *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

vkl

Cyborg Agent

In what sense,mate?You can't plug in a socket am3/am3+ processor in fm2 socket motherboard.

@ Satyadeep@digit
Please fill up the questionnaire from the above post and post here.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
It's never possible.
Both socket FM2 and AM3+ are incompatible to each other.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
No. FM1, FM2 and AM3+ are completely different sockets.

But yea, cooler bolt spacing is same.

OP
S

Satyadeep@digit

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

:)Thanks for your suggestions.:)

Being precise,
I would like to ask If The -> FM2 4Cores -> be better than -> Am3+ 6cores
(as these no.s of cores handle the applications or four cores outperform)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Look, it depends upon your usage. IF you want a computer for day to day usage with good Graphics power for gaming at medium setting but don't want to spend much them FM2+ socket makes sense as you can put a Kaveri based APU like 7870K or 7700K on it which offers pretty good processing power for day to day usage plus seriously powerful integrated Graphics for 3D reuirements. You can also add dedicated Graphics card on future as per your needs. But the problem is that in CPU front, you can't increase the power as there Quad Core Kaveri chips are maximum you can get. On the other hand, if you are requiring the Processing power a bit for stuffs like serious gaming, some Video Editing and conversion, running some serious software like Virtual machine then FX series Processor with AM3+ processor + a mid range Graphics card should be your choice.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I would like to ask If The -> FM2 4Cores -> be better than -> Am3+ 6cores?
In the future as MANTLE is optimised for APU's then FM2 4Cores might be much better than AM3+ 6Cores which are slower per core.ok.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Start reading what Mantle is and what are the platforms supporting it then comment. Mantle is supported in all AMD's GCN GPU and it has nothing to do with Processor type and I think we are saying this to you for the 1st time. What is your prblem, you ask something and then don't bother to check the answers.

In the future as MANTLE is optimised for APU's then FM2 4Cores might be much better than AM3+ 6Cores which are slower per core.ok.

Did Chairman of AMD share this piece of info to you? We are not aware of it as it is not mentioned no documents and press releases.

Processing performance: Better check the Processing performance of FX-6300 and 7870K which are available widely everywhere. FX-6300 is pretty much ahead of 7870K in every benchmark due to the more number of cores, higher clock speed, 8MB L3 cache.

Top Bottom