AM3+ motherboards discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilus

laborare est orare
My point is also that...AMD new turbo Core will not work properly in 890FX boards due to the higher power requirement of the higher turbo core frequency. But if if you are a overclocker, normally turbo core needs to be disabled for better stability and it does not bring any earth shattering difference in terms of performance. Same applies for automatic underclocking features as ico mentioned.
Suman, 990FX is just a rebranded 890FX with some better compatibility with Bulldozer, proven in every review. Check guru3d, tomshardware, hardocp or Anandtech and it does not bring any out of the box features, missing in 890FX chipset. They are basically not at all for long run and going to be replaced by FM2 socket. They are here to support the transition period of AM3 to Bulldozer transformation.
So if anybody, buying a new AMD based rig, AM3+ is the way to go but people having existing 890GX or 890FX based rig, no need to upgrade it, at least for now.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ooohhh... another war breaking down. Relax guys, I would rather say, those who are looking for an upgrade now or within this year, get a SNB. Those who are looking for BD should wait a bit for Corona/FM2 to release. If in doubt, hold on to whatever rig you have. Next year the picture will be clearer. :)

phil2097

Broken In
whoa . . a war in progress . . . i guess it was a really bad idea to send off my old msi 890gxm g65 motherboard considering the msi 990fxa gd65 . . . but i will not be able to wait another year to find that out . . . should i go with 890fx? or get the new 990fx? i have a 960T phenom II cpu . . . had to buy it as the fx4100 had not much gain . . . any ideas? or is it the wrong place to ask??

phil2097

Broken In
^^glad to hear it . . but its as they say . . more heads to think the more solutions . . might be high at that time so forget it . . .btw any recent updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom