Am I the first digitian to buy HD4770??

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@dominator, I will be out of city till 18th. And yes, when I return and get the new h/w, will let you know.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
That card looks bloated and ugly...uggghhhhhh

I wouldn't buy a card if the hasten its release with crappy drivers.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
btw, played crysis for some time.

settings:

Reso: 1280x800
settings: everything Medium
constantly getting 30+fps in XP and 15-22fps in Win7.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@himanshu, drivers for xp (included in cd) are much better but am not able to install Catalyst control center.

win7 drivers are pathetic and all games are running as if on a 8400GS. But in XP, card is much better. as I said, with my processor am able to play crysis at 30+fps when set to medium quality.

You better stick to XP 32-bit

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
crysis is highly CPU intense, and so is GTA4.

im playing crysis at everythin very high except volumetric effects[high] @ 1152*864 on my 8800GT and X2 oced to 2.8Ghz.

as ur card is powerful than that, the CPU is the culprit.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^yes. that's true. I will get to know the real power of the card only after getting a better CPU. Tried Far Cry, getting 80+fps with everything set to Maximum.

himanshu_game

Creating New Worlds
I DELETED ALL GAMES FRM MY HARD DRIVE AS NONE OF THEM running nicely on my old 7900 gs and NOW i HAVE NO GAME just 1 CRYSIS pre release demo fmr digit dvd@2007

this game is running at 32 fps @1280x960,HIGH(everything),2x AA....
proccy=q6600,2 gb ddr2 667

one question--if i get 4 gb will there be some frame INCREASE

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^Don't worry about Crysis. It is very heavy on CPU and GPU. Try games like Call of Duty series, Company of Heroes, Mirror's Edge..

Yes yes yes

Manufacturer: Sapphire
Model: HD4770
RAM: 512MB GDDR5

I got tempted when I saw this card in shop and bought it immediately for 7.2k (including tax) and along with it bought VX450W.

It is massive when compared to my older HD2600XT (which I am ready to sell).

Installed the card, booted into win7 and OS was unable to find drivers online. Did a search on included CD and it found drivers.

But, User Experience Rating for Graphics fell from 5.1 to 2.0.

Looks like they released the card in a hurry and forgot about building proper drivers.
Congratulations dude.

Did you buy from SP Road ? If yes, which store ?

Now post some overclocking results :D.

And hey, what about that AMD 3000+ ? Thought you were intent upon upgrading when Phenom II hits the shelves ?

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
9.4 is unable to recognize HD4770. am having same problem and waiting for 9.5 (release on 13th of May I think).

gives error like "your graphics hardware is not supported by this software"
Stick to XP for now (gaming on win7 really really sucks with this card, thanks to pathetic drivers)

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Congratulations dude.

Did you buy from SP Road ? If yes, which store ?

Now post some overclocking results :D.

And hey, what about that AMD 3000+ ? Thought you were intent upon upgrading when Phenom II hits the shelves ?
Thanks dude.

Yes. Bought from SP Road, Ankit computers.

Couldn't do overclocking as I am unable to load Catalyst software and riva tuner as they are unable to recognize my card.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^why r u not trying it on Vista. I'm sure will giv more fps in Vista than in XP.

Vista is not installed on

comp@ddict said:
what'cha gonna do wid this card?

try vMOD and OCing to the limit. my pc.

actually, am going to sell it and don't want to do any oc'ing or modding. let the buyer have the priviledge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom