Am I in trouble?? pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalyan

Journeyman
I tried to register in nseries/mynokia for my N85. But, when I enter the EMEI no, and submit, it says that the no is already registered. What to do now? I checked the emei no by *#06# and also in the back of the phone. What should I do now?

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^
My Nokia is a free service designed to help you get the most out of your Nokia. Once you register you will soon start receiving regular communications that include tips and tricks specific to your Nokia, great offers, competitions and more

Its IMEI number not EMEI . Did it happen even on the first time you tried to register or after making an unsuccessful attempt due to not filling any field properly?

OP
Kalyan

Kalyan

Journeyman
sorry.. that was a typo..(about IMEI)

Did it happen even on the first time you tried to register or after making an unsuccessful attempt due to not filling any field properly?

It happened right at the first time.

mrintech

Technomancer
Someone used your IMEI Number for sure. Better contact them officially. This is a case of leakage... I mean you handed phone to someone/someone used your phone... and registered there with your IMEI Number...

Contact the site officially or use their forums.... ;)

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Priority dealer won't be able to provide any help as they are not Nokia's own outlets. Contact Nokia customer care.

mrintech said:
This is a case of leakage... I mean you handed phone to someone/someone used your phone... and registered there with your IMEI Number...

IMEI is mentioned on the box of the phones as well. It might have been stolen from there as well.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
No... I bought it from Mobilestore and it is a new one.

if u want to go to Nokia customer care, ur bill should contain the IMEI no.
check the correct IMEI No of your mobile using various secrete codes..
some times it can vary with lable.

OP
Kalyan

Kalyan

Journeyman
I also think the IMEI no is stolen from the box. I checked the no. from the box, bill and the phone. I got a mail from the ccare that the query is forwarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom