Am I in trouble : Career help.

freecoder

Right off the assembly line
Hi every1.
Sorry I m using this thread as i was not able to create new thread?? (don't know why...) I just want a piece of advice from you all.

I have completed my BE in Computer last month only. I have got 54% only. Recently there was walkin for one reputed IT company. The criteria was 60%. So i was not allowed there. But to get inside i wrote my marks to be 60% and got inside. I cleared the apti round and also 2 rounds of Technical. They have asked me to join in next week.
I am realy tensed now. What would they do after knowing my real marks?
wil they remove me? Is marks really matter and not knowledge(as i have cleared their interviews) does such case happened before and what was company decision at that time?? Friends please help me???

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Created a new thread for you. Not sure why you cant create a thread though. Get in touch with the admins they might be able to help out.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hi every1.
Sorry I m using this thread as i was not able to create new thread?? (don't know why...) I just want a piece of advice from you all.

I have completed my BE in Computer last month only. I have got 54% only. Recently there was walkin for one reputed IT company. The criteria was 60%. So i was not allowed there. But to get inside i wrote my marks to be 60% and got inside. I cleared the apti round and also 2 rounds of Technical. They have asked me to join in next week.
I am realy tensed now. What would they do after knowing my real marks?
wil they remove me? Is marks really matter and not knowledge(as i have cleared their interviews) does such case happened before and what was company decision at that time?? Friends please help me???

What you have done is an offense. I know a case where a gal was sacked as she joined showing inflated marks. The truth came out in background check.

I don't know what u should do now but don't do it again.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
//offtopic, @FilledVoid its sure 10 char issue...
That would explain it.

To the op. Trust me when I say that reputed companies will go the extra mile to make sure everything you entered in is true. Although you might get some leniency if you did extraordinarily well for the interview :D . Although I wouldn't keep my fingers crossed over it. Suits have their own ego to satisfy.

adi007

Youngling
Well they will ask for original marks cards soon ..
There is no way you can escape from that .. Its better to reveal them the truth/Dont join the company

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Wow ..what even made you think in the first place you could just go through it making up marks.
After all they would sometime ask for the originals. I wonder whether you will also now want to forge the marksheet now that you have cleared the Aptitude round along with 2 tech rounds.
I think may be if you have been exceptional in the rounds they may just bump you in.
Still come clean on this one buddy,.

Jerin

Journeyman
See , it all depends on the person sitting there. If he feels you have the skill then no problem. But some companies are very strict in cut off marks.

Always remember if one goes other will come. Keep on improving your skills.

Top Bottom