always on for windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhbp

Broken In
well i found the tutorial by gary4gar on configuring the modem for always on connection but that was for linux.

any way my problem is that even if i go and make an always on connection through the normal way ie throught making a new connection and set up a connection manually ,it dosent work.the modem should connecto the net but notthing happpnes!!!
any help fellas

hermit

Journeyman
this works outs in ubuntu

in terminal type/copy paste

Code:
sudo pppoeconf

u need to enter u r password.

after wards u see a blue screen . configure accordingly .

if u r ubuntu user then once u have connectedd to net , during start up u need to wait till network is config :

so type
Code:
[b]Ctrl  + C
[/b] when u see network config during start up.

may be helpful .

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
hey man when did i post such tut.it was by desertwind.for windows type 192.168.1.1 in browser window.enter.ussr & pass as admin. go to setup tab.in left sidebar select 'pvc0'.change type from bridge to PPoe.enter user id & pass of dataone.set max alive time to maximum to can set in mintutes.click apply.now go tools>system coomands>save all.Reboot your machine and Enjoy!!! [Don't forget Data caps]

OP
mayhbp

mayhbp

Broken In
sorry for the mistake gary,
it was 2 am might have read wrongly.
and what is data caps(totally new to this term??)

OP
mayhbp

mayhbp

Broken In
hermit said:
this works outs in ubuntu

in terminal type/copy paste

Code:
sudo pppoeconf

u need to enter u r password.

after wards u see a blue screen . configure accordingly .

if u r ubuntu user then once u have connectedd to net , during start up u need to wait till network is config :

so type
Code:
[b]Ctrl  + C
[/b] when u see network config during start up.

may be helpful .

well i use bsnl dataone not ubuntu.sorry for not mentioning u had to go through the trouble of replying sorry.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Lol Ubuntu is a Linux Distro, not an ISP :)

And you dont know data caps? God save you if you have a 1 GB limited account. CAP as in Limit, if you exceed 1 GB of downloads or uploads you will be charged for each additional MB (If you have opted for the unlimited plan forget this...)

OP
mayhbp

mayhbp

Broken In
QwertyManiac said:
Lol Ubuntu is a Linux Distro, not an ISP :)

And you dont know data caps? God save you if you have a 1 GB limited account. CAP as in Limit, if you exceed 1 GB of downloads or uploads you will be charged for each additional MB (If you have opted for the unlimited plan forget this...)

as for ubuntu i can proudly say i dont know even the zero of linux,dont even want to.and about data caps dnt need it cause of the ul connection
thank you anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom