Alternate to Hotmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

enjoy

Journeyman
My problem was briefly discussed in *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12899

But still no solution.

I am looking for a mail service provider which works on HTTP (like Hotmail) so that I can send receive mails through mail client using the HTTP server. (I dont have access to POP/SMTP at all).

I am planning to be a subscriber of Hotmail. They are charging $19.95 per year for a 2GB mailbox. Is it fine or is there any similar service available. (coz 2 MB is simply nothing). Since softwares are available for Linux also so that I can access Hotmail in Linux also (I did't got anu utility for sending and receiving mmails frm gmail account in linux).

Also is there a mail client for win and lin sharing a common data file?

atool

Journeyman
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12647

u can simply read this and have a 250 mb hotmail ac free!!!

theraven

Technomancer
dude its just a trick
hotmail is upgrading all their servers to provide 250 mb anyways
this is just speedin up the process on our side
and what abt gmail ? yahoo ?
they all provide http service
search the forum ull get a huge list of free email providers
even signing up for spymac gives u a 1gb account

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
Boss. Plz read my post. I cant use spymac and gmail since I haven't came across any software which can be used in linux and windows to access their mails through HTTP. (Hotmail is a popular service so I think softwares for it must be available.

Regading yahoopops, it just retrieves mails and doesn't sends any (I mean no SMTP for sending mails.).

Guys I dont have access to port 110 and 25 (No SMTP and POP). I need softwares like web2pop or psmail but with mail sending facility also.

Thanks a lot for your help.

babumuchhala

In the zone
enjoy said:
Guys I dont have access to port 110 and 25 (No SMTP and POP).

Hey man are only port 110 & 25 blocked. If so u could use Gmail then bcos it requires ports 995 (to retrive mail) and port 587 (to send mails)

tuxfan

Technomancer
enjoy said:
Regading yahoopops, it just retrieves mails and doesn't sends any (I mean no SMTP for sending mails.).

Guys I dont have access to port 110 and 25 (No SMTP and POP). I need softwares like web2pop or psmail but with mail sending facility also.

Thanks a lot for your help.

YahooPOPs does have SMTP services and you can send mails. I have done that in past. Please try it out.

As regards ports, someone here has already pointed out that Gmail uses different ports. So if particular ports are blocked, gmail can still used for POP and SMTP.

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
Sorry for cunfusion. I mean i just have access to HTTP through port 8080 of proxy.. rest everything is blocked even FTP. Can't use even gmail.. Thats why i am currently using psmail to receive gmail mails.

I need to re explain my problem.

I am looking for a mail service provider or a software for any provider so that I can send and receive mails through mail client. (through HTTP like hotmail).(And I wud b very happy if I can have access to my ails in Linux and windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom