Alternate PSU suggestion needed

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
You should look for a different/bigger pc shop or best option if willing to spend some time & money, take out your mobo/processor/psu & carry it with you to nearest tier-1/big city & get them checked in some big pc shop there.
I asked the bigger shop address in Kaizen,they refuse to recommend any. By the way i am in ahmedabad ,it looks like i have to post in FB groups to find someone who can understand this problem or suggest better shop.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I asked the bigger shop address in Kaizen,they refuse to recommend any. By the way i am in ahmedabad ,it looks like i have to post in FB groups to find someone who can understand this problem or suggest better shop.
I find it surprising that a tier-1 city like Ahmadabad doesn't have big pc shops. A quick google search gave me below results:
1668517320510.png

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
I find it surprising that a tier-1 city like Ahmadabad doesn't have big pc shops. A quick google search gave me below results:
View attachment 21982
Ahmedabad is big city.Divided into two parts ,i am sure i will find better computer repair shop on other part of city. Also not all repair shops wants to put efforts in borrowing costly products just for testing unless they already have it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ahmedabad is big city.Divided into two parts ,i am sure i will find better computer repair shop on other part of city. Also not all repair shops wants to put efforts in borrowing costly products just for testing unless they already have it.
Usually a big shop should have enough parts for testing, an old used 2200G ryzen apu(aka processor with integrated graphics) sells for as low as 3-4k on olx/TE forum. Testing graphics card only need a mobo with pci-e x16 slot.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
go to this thread ,with the help of this forum i bought it Need help in building My first ever gaming PC
It is fine. That is 32 pages thread and I dont really want to go through every pages! The reason I was asking was that i am also going through similar RMA experience from corsair. Mine is cx450 and they are offering ~rs.600 as refund or a cv450 one. That is 20% of the bill value since mine was 4.5 years old

DestGod

Journeyman
Get your PC back from that repair person. I doubt you'll get much progress if it remains with him.

If you're GPU is back from RMA, try putting it back in your system and see if it boots. If not, then take it to bigger shops or better, contact yout local MSI service center to see if they can check your system. Most likely they will not, but with enough pleading and proof, I think they may take a look.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Also not sure why but PC takes few seconds to power up after pressing the power button,is it normal?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also not sure why but PC takes few seconds to power up after pressing the power button,is it normal?
What exactly do you mean? After pressing the power button there is no activity in processor fan/mobo led/hdd etc or you mean the display on monitor takes few seconds to come up.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
What exactly do you mean? After pressing the power button there is no activity in processor fan/mobo led/hdd etc or you mean the display on monitor takes few seconds to come up.
everything started with a second pause or like i have to press it again.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
everything started with a second pause or like i have to press it again.
Get your wall socket checked by an electrician for proper earthing. Also try pc in some other room/socket & as a last resort try with setup outside of the cabinet to rule out any shorting within cabinet.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Also should i send mail to corsair regarding this as they are just refunded me 50% amount without checking the PSU or there will be issue in both PSU & GPU both.

DestGod

Journeyman
Also should i send mail to corsair regarding this as they are just refunded me 50% amount without checking the PSU or there will be issue in both PSU & GPU both.
Sure, you could do it. But personally, I would keep the XPG Pylon, as it's a good unit and will keep a proper peace of mind.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Sure, you could do it. But personally, I would keep the XPG Pylon, as it's a good unit and will keep a proper peace of mind.
I will keep it because no other options but god knows corsair do really check PSUs which send for RMAs is in the question for now.

Top Bottom