Altec Lansing vs Zebronics - 2.1 - help!

ankushkool

Youngling
I know its been quite some time and i have still not decided :(

Although on the previous thread Altec VS4121 was suggested as the best but there were no mention of zebronics, i got confused after reading digit's comparison for speakers in 2009 n 2010.

to my surprise both comparison rated Zebronics speakers better than Altec :O

so now its down to 4 speakers... and digit rate it as:

Zebronics Duality 5000> Zebronics SW2600> Altec VS2621> Altec VS4121

Totally confused!!! has everyone tested Zebronics or altec vs2621???

OP
ankushkool

ankushkool

Youngling
ya thats what everyone is suggesting... but is VS4121 better than VS2621? then what is de use of the reviews... there has to be some truth in the reviews!!!

Debu_013

Freshly Churned Chutny :)
In digit reviews zebronics feature better cuz of the value proposition they are.
Altec speakers are much costlier.
Zebronics Duality 5000 is a good set of speakers.
iBall Raaga is also a good set of speakers, its got full wood body.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
never ever ever rely on reviews written in digit magazine. they are clueless and pointless.

zeb speakers being better than AL is no doubt a big joke.

though vs4121 and vs2621 are both good set of speakers, I still prefer VS4121.

OP
ankushkool

ankushkool

Youngling
Thanks guys... just wanted to be sure :) i had no idea the comparisons were so unreliable :( so its still VS4121 :D

dreams

Gracias Senor
Sorry to hijack this thread..is 2.0 better or 2.1 better. Which brand you guys suggest. I already have AL 5.1, not satisfied with it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Sorry to hijack this thread..is 2.0 better or 2.1 better. Which brand you guys suggest. I already have AL 5.1, not satisfied with it.

there are some 2.0's like M-Audio like this:

*www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/StudiophileAV40.html

These can even beat MX-5021 when it comes to audio quality.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Full range 2.0's are anyday better than 2.1 speaker setup :)
But they need a good amp to work well.

Klipsch also has some good 2.0 offerings *www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/promedia-ultra-2-0-overview/

BTW which altec 5.1 are you using currently?

Last edited:
OP
ankushkool

ankushkool

Youngling
they must be all high end 2.0 speakers? for entry level i think 2.1 is better? right?

Last edited:

dreams

Gracias Senor
Guys, i have a budget constraint. basically looking for VFM, even if it is 1k.
BTW, I own VS3251. This set was a defective one, the sw pin at the rear is faulty, if the plug goes in perfect, bass lacks, if I hover it halfway, it works. Reported to AL, and they asked me to ship it back to them, for which I have to pay. Left it.

OP
ankushkool

ankushkool

Youngling
VS2621 for <2k
VS4121 for <3k

both really good... make ur choice :) if possible go for 4121 n if on a very tight budget u have no option but 2 go for zebronics which are total VFM!

dreams

Gracias Senor
Thnx m8..will check for reviews and once finalized had to hunt where I can get it in Chennai.

OP
ankushkool

ankushkool

Youngling
*www.zebronics.net/contactus.asp :)

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

if u can extend ur budget to 1.8k go for VS2621

OP
ankushkool

ankushkool

Youngling
actually enquired 2day and found out that VS2621 are available for 1.6K totally worth it :)

Btw i got VS4121 totally awesome... though i feel that the bass is bit high 4 my room :p
love it :)

Top Bottom