All Xfire Users Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
@All: Anyone who plays America's Army here? Also, can anyone request Urban Terror on next month's digit DVD?(I'd do it myself but I've got no luck, they won't listen to me!)
I used to play America's Army earlier. But I got such bad ping that I had to leave. Now I am seriously into Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat. It has the same level of realism but is a lot more fun. Biggest difference is that you re spawn in Insurgency. In insurgency it's important to use some effective tactic as a team. For example, we have the support staff which is supposed to watch a street or a corner while the other players move in. There are grenadiers( 2 per team), or frontline soldiers, etc.. There are only fixed number of classes open. So every one can't be a sniper or support staff, etc..

BTW, I have sent my friend request everyone who has posted his ID here. Please accept the invitation.

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
When ever i used americas army my spybot started showing some registry entrys. So i uninstalled it.

Let see this game but I can't download this at this time. My 4gb limit of office connection is upto its end.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
By the Way, I am wondering why we use xfire in the first place. Especially for games on steam we already have most of the services of Xfire.

arijit_2404

still find time for games
are you a steam user and bought games from it?
if yes, can you tell me what are the extra charges (other than game prices) I need to incurr if I buy using credit card.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
When ever i used americas army my spybot started showing some registry entrys. So i uninstalled it.

Let see this game but I can't download this at this time. My 4gb limit of office connection is upto its end.

You'll need to disable Spybot or add the game to the exceptions list if you want to play it. Try to get v2.8.3 or higher or you won't get many servers! Also, an advice: Don't try the Deploy Client. It's buggy! Otherwise you'll be stuck with 99% of the download done! By the way, Happy hunting in AA, and stay away from hackers and noob-bullies in the game!

I used to play America's Army earlier. But I got such bad ping that I had to leave. Now I am seriously into Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat. It has the same level of realism but is a lot more fun. Biggest difference is that you re spawn in Insurgency. In insurgency it's important to use some effective tactic as a team. For example, we have the support staff which is supposed to watch a street or a corner while the other players move in. There are grenadiers( 2 per team), or frontline soldiers, etc.. There are only fixed number of classes open. So every one can't be a sniper or support staff, etc..

Respawn? Who needs that? It's much better to keep cursing those who are still alive along with your dead pals while continuously requesting the admins for mosin-nagant sniper(known to us AA veterans as MOS) and the RPG-9s.
However, Insurgency is a steam game. So it isn't freeeare, is it? That's why I can't try it!

Anyway, what was your average ping? I get around 300ms and still face no lag! Ping doesn't affect gameplay much unless its 400+:)shock:).

Oh, and XFire is used solely to play ALONG WITH your friends. Just a tool to help people know which servers they're on, etc.

BTW, I have sent my friend request everyone who has posted his ID here. Please accept the invitation.
Accepted!

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Respawn? Who needs that? It's much better to keep cursing those who are still alive along with your dead pals while continuously requesting the admins for mosin-nagant sniper(known to us AA veterans as MOS) and the RPG-9s.
However, Insurgency is a steam game. So it isn't freeeare, is it? That's why I can't try it!

Anyway, what was your average ping? I get around 300ms and still face no lag! Ping doesn't affect gameplay much unless its 400+:)shock:).

Oh, and XFire is used solely to play ALONG WITH your friends. Just a tool to help people know which servers they're on, etc.

Accepted!
Thanks^^. I used to get around 300 ping too. But the game used too feel exactly like Insurgency too. But at that time it was too frustrating for me. In both the games your strategy needs to be rock solid. Both needed team work. Insurgency is different from it in the sense that although it yearns to be a realistic game, it is not ashamed of departing a little away from hard core realism for the sake of fun. But it will definitely feel more realistic than CS.
BTW, I can't tell you how many times I have downloaded America's Army remembering the great time I had playing it but then got frustrated because of the ping issue and dropped the whole idea and deleted the game for space :-(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom