All webhosting and domain related queries here.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
A free host that I found out to host Microsoft related technologies like ASP.net, IIS, SQL etc, useful for students to host their projects:

Cytanium
Signup for FREE Web Hosting featuring Microsoft's WebMatrix provided by Cytanium.

Info:
The product includes a Web Server (IIS Developer Express), Database (SQL Server Compact), and programming Framework (ASP.NET) and makes it easy to create a new web site from scratch or use the Web Application Gallery to customize popular ASP.NET and PHP open source community applications. WebMatrix also seamlessly integrates with Microsoft’s professional development tools and servers including Visual Studio, SQL Server and Windows Server. WebMatrix is designed to include everything that developers of all backgrounds and interests need to build and run web sites on Windows.

Source:
The Web Hosting News OrcsWeb Launches Cytanium Web Hosting

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
thanks guys.. I actually registered 'one', which I got for no cost with host.. but now I don't like the name so want to register a new one as soon as I can settle on new name:-(

Never buy a domain from host, they have lots of strings and transferring the domain from host to another registrar is a lot of pain in the back. Namecheap is the best registrar but has very few coupons, Godaddy has lots of coupons, you can find them at livecodes.blogspot.com (Not mine)

mkerala

Journeyman
I am planing to sell my domain mkerala.com. Where should I list it for sale?

I didn't find a corret section here. Can anyone suggest any site or section here?

mrintech

Technomancer
I am planing to sell my domain mkerala.com. Where should I list it for sale?

I didn't find a corret section here. Can anyone suggest any site or section here?

Try sites like these: Marketplace To Buy & Sell Domains and Websites

You can put your domain on auction :)

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Can anyone suggest me a good host for hosting my blogs. I need to host 2 wordpress blogs with different domain names. Have a budget of around Rs. 3000/year.
My blogs are currently hosted on Hawkhost's basic plan. It is within my budget, but I don't want to continue with it as it is really slow. Any page on my blog needs around 20 seconds to load.
Godaddy and Hostgator are outside my budget. I found Bigrock, Hostable and Outpowerhosting within my budget. My blog used to be hosted on hostable before I switched to paid hosting. Which one should I go for? Any other suggestions are also welcome.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Bigrock : Certainly Not. Reviews are too bad. Google it.

Outpowerhosting has good reviews.

You can also check out whost.in : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/109137-whost-fast-reliable-web-hosting-new-offers.html - Many members here have used the service and satisfied.

I personally find HostSo - Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting is best in cheapest category. But I guess you may ignore that as you have a good budget. Presently, I'm using it for more than 3 years and hosting 5 basic websites of clients.

You can also look at Dedicated Servers, Reseller Hosting, Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, which I personally find reliable and using it from 2 years.

To be on safe side, I'd recommend you to use Outpowerhosting or Whost.in as many members from TDF are using their service presently. Also I guess their official representative is here too, they used to be a member of TDF once. (AFAIK)

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Hi,
I am looking for a web host (I already have a registered domain) that
1. is Reliable and Secure
2. supports integration of payment gateway (do have a merchant account)

Thank you.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Thanks Krishna.

As of now, I have to decide between Outpowerhosting.com and HostGator.in

Have (any) you used Zen cart or OSCommerce cart provided by Hostgator.in? If it is good, it would save me some time integrating this instead of coding my own.
I see that Outpowerhosting has a lot of positive responses in this thread. How good is it vs HostGator?

Thank you.

P.S: I see that thinkdigit.com is registered with BigRock.in. The site that I've mentioned is also registered with BigRock.in. I've seen TD Forum go down, but only occasionally. I'd like some words on BigRock if any body is familiar with them.

P.S.2: Any body here tried *www.indiagetonline.in/ {Google + HostGator} ?

B u m p !!

Last edited:

raghupratap

Broken In
hey guys from where to buy "Just" Domain.. (.com).. Already have host so need just domain.. and what & where should I look for..

I have used domainsearchindia.com - a good option if you don't want to use Credit Card.

For hosting, I have been using hostdime for more than two years. Never had any issues - and the customer service is responsive and co-operative. Plus, they have both India and US based servers. Pricing is reasonable too.

how long does it takes to activate a domain

I have a blog at blogger. I wanted to have my own domain and found the name I wanted with '.in' only, .com was already taken.

When I wanted to buy it via blogger from Godaddy.com I could not because via blogger .in was not offered.

So I directly purchased the domain from Godaddy.com

Next, via blogger I did the needful settings change so that it points to my blog.

Now when I ping my domain it rightly points to ghs.1.google.com

When I type my blog address on the address bar it rightly redirects to my domain.

Now the problem is it shows 404 error.

I wanted to know how long does it takes to activate a domain.

I have registered it on 08-09-12 and so far I know it should not take more then three days to get activated.

Is there anything more I need to do. Please help.

404. That’s an error.
The requested URL / was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

//MOD EDIT
Size is not for asking urgent reply

^^ You don't have common sense what font size has to be used. You are older member here.

Oh please I know very well. None of my previous 137 posts have this size.

I need an early reply/solution to my problem, so to highlight I used larger fonts.

If you have a problem with bigger fonts please ask ur Admin to keep just one standard font size :p

I'd appreciate if u can provide me with a solution othen than complaining ...

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
Re: Which one is a better host ?

To tell which one is better, one has to use both hosts.

I had been a client of your's since 2006. Since then I have lost COUNT of number of times your servers have crashed and my data in the database lost forever. Now, they crash every few weeks. I am fed up of your service. It is now time to quit you and move to more dependable servers. For me ewebguru is A BIG NO.

This thread goes on and on. Few hosting guys are promoting their own here.
I have real bad experience with my current hosting service provider. I need php, mysql, subdomains, emails, password protected directories, at least 1GB hosting space, high monthly bandwidth, good antivirus, and a control panel which'll help me to manage everything including DNS. I guess Linux hosting should be fine.
User suggest the names. Seller's please don't reply. I don't want cheap service, I want reliable and dependable service. At the same I don't want the expensive (best-in-the-world) types too.

Top Bottom