All Vista Tips and Tweaks in here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
This is single and unique thread to post all Your Vista tweaks,tricks and workarounds..Here are some of them which i Found out ,most of them by myself:p and Make sure there is no nonsense talk other than stuff related to this thread:rolleyes:

1.Itunes Problem fix
If you are an iTunes user and have purchased any songs from the on-line store you may have some issues when trying to authorize your computer to play back your songs. While authorizing your computer to play your purchased songs iTunes will say everything was successful but you will still not be able to play your songs. Why? Because iTunes is being bad and trying to write to a part of the registry that a normal user does not have access to.
Currently Apple has said they are working on a Vista compatible version of iTunes. For now, there is a work around that will help you play your purchased songs in iTunes:
  1. Right click on your iTunes shortcut and select Properties.
  2. Click on the Compatibility tab.
  3. Check the Run as an Administrator box on the bottom of the screen and hit OK.
2.Awesome Vista gadgets

* Wireless Signal and IP Address Gadget
*gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.aspx?li=2b4caa88-9b88-4a33-8624-c5d204f27849&l=1* Battery Meter Gadget
* Multi-Meter Gadget
* Uptime Gadget
* Free Space Gadget

lalit_ngp

Broken In
The new sidebar in Windows Vista provides many opportunities to present the user with information. For those of you that like to monitor your system performance, the sidebar is the perfect place to run various performance monitoring gadgets. Windows Vista ships with a simple CPU and Memory usage gadget, however, there are many more gadgets out there that are much more useful and help you monitor almost every aspect of Windows.

1. Wireless Signal and IP Address Gadget
*download.gallery.start.com/d.dll/2~2~672~7794/LARGE.jpg

This gadget displays your wireless network information such as it's status, signal strength and security. This gadget also displays your internal IP and gives you a direct link to your router's / wireless gateway's web based control panel.

2. Battery Meter Gadget
*download.gallery.start.com/d.dll/2~2~858~2469/LARGE.jpg

Monitor the battery level of your laptop with this gadget. This gadget provides a much more accurate level reading than the tiny system tray icon.

3. Multi-Meter Gadget

*download.gallery.start.com/d.dll/1~2~280~5031/LARGE.jpg

Info shown: - Cpu usage % ( 2 cores ) - Ram Usage % - Ram info ( Total, used, left size) - Status bars animated above 90% - 100 Skins + background selection

4. Uptime Gadget
*download.gallery.start.com/d.dll/1~2~965~834/LARGE.jpg

This gadget allows you to see how much time has passed since you last restarted your computer.

5. Free Space Gadget
*download.gallery.start.com/d.dll/2~2~127~4335/LARGE.jpg

This gadget monitors your PC's drives and shows you the available space for those you've selected

When browsing through shared folders and network computers Explorer can slow down when it is searching the local network for printers. This sounds like a great feature and may be useful for some but I would rather disable it to get maximum performance when browsing through folders.

1. Hit Alt to bring up the menubar if it is not already on the screen.

2. Click on Tools and select Folder Options.

3. On the View Tab, uncheck Automatically search for network printers

Last edited:

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Guys,
Here are 10+ tweaks, tricks, and hacks you can apply to Microsoft Windows Vista to make it run like a champion and perform to your particular specifications.

To View In online
*articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10877-6153509.html

To Download IT
*i.t.com.com/i/tr/downloads/home/kaelin_vista_tweaks.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom