All laptop related queries here!!!

eminemence

Journeyman
Sourabh said:
eminemence - Check out VAIO CR series laptop on www.sony.co.in . It's available for 55k with option for a few colors. Sony laptops are easily available in malls and Sony showrooms. Pay another 5k since your budget permits and extend the warranty to 3-year.

Thanks Sourabh for the reply.
Actually I was just wondering,aren't the Sony laptops a bit over priced?
The HP dv lineup seems quite loaded in terms of RAM.
Sony seems to have that extra memory card reader which will read all those sony proprietary memory cards and would connect seamlessly with the Handycam and PSP.
Apart from that any other good reason for going for Sony and not for HP?
--eminemence.

Sourabh

Laptoping
eminemence -At present, HP and Sony laptops in the 55k range have similar specs. Sony should be expensive but apparently they're not. Sony VAIO CR features a better T7100 (800MHz FSB) processor.

Check it for yourself here and here.

There is little performance difference between these two laptops. It's a personal choice of brand. Get whatever you feel good with. HP model now comes with 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD and 8400M GS graphics. That's a good buy for 60k too.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well I dont think that Sony laptop comes even close in config with the HP one that you mentioned...
1 GB compared to 2 GB...14.1" compared to 15.4".....ATI Mobility Radeon™ x2300 compared to Nvidia 8400GS.....100GB compared to 160 GB...
only that Sony one has a better processor...
And Hp one is 3k lower in price than Sony one...

Sourabh

Laptoping
Agreed. That's why I said similar with little performance difference. The HP uses the most basic Core 2 Duo processor (1.5GHz with just 667MHz FSB) but comes with nice specs like 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD and the marginally better 8400M GS. The Sony CR is 'Santa Rosa' based in real sense of the term with native T7100. RAM is dirt cheap anyways, can be upgraded easily. A better processor in stock config is always welcome.

VAIOs are known to be very expensive. As a result, this particular model CR-series model is an exception. I was speaking in general in my previous post. Both are very good laptops, having their own USP. Get the one which suits your needs better.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Sourabh said:
Agreed. That's why I said similar with little performance difference. The HP uses the most basic Core 2 Duo processor (1.5GHz with just 667MHz FSB) but comes with nice specs like 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD and the marginally better 8400M GS. The Sony CR is 'Santa Rosa' based in real sense of the term with native T7100. RAM is dirt cheap anyways, can be upgraded easily. A better processor in stock config is always welcome.

VAIOs are known to be very expensive. As a result, this particular model CR-series model is an exception. I was speaking in general in my previous post. Both are very good laptops, having their own USP. Get the one which suits your needs better.

But I still feel that 60k is too much for this config...50k would have been bang on target to get its sales soaring like the HP one...
Yeah but as you said for the VAIO tag it is quite cheap...

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
ax3 said:
have seen many laptops bt they seem 2 b 2 heavy ....... any light weighted lappy`s ?

If you want really low weight laptops you have to go for the mag alloy casing, which boosts up the price like anything.. Any 14" or less screen sized laptop should be of reasonable weight. My Dell Inspiron 6400 is 15.4" and is quite heavy compared to the Dell Inspiron 640m that my friend has which is 14".

blademast3r

In the zone
hey guys..
basically i need a laptop for my engineerin...budget round 35k...
not for gaming...powerful processor..atleast 1gb ram nd 120 gb hdd required...pls suggest...ty

arunks

Hey here is the aks
@blademast3r
hey go for hcl or acer ...u will easily get a good one in this range
or see compaq 3424 if u prefer hp compaq

vivektheone

Right off the assembly line
Hi friends,

Hope all of you would help me in choosing a Laptop....I would like to buy a laptop within the range of 35 k to 45k(any company would do...preferably Acer,HP Compaq and Dell)...My requirement is for 1gb+ ram and 160 gb hdd and a DVD Writer and also preferably good graphics card.AMD or Intel doesn't matter as I am ready it compromise if price matters. Also i would not like to have Windows Vista with it. Instead I prefer going for XP Pro. So I would like to purchase a copy of it as well...Please give ur suggestions ASAP...Thanks in ADVANCE...

visky

:rolleyes: my dad is plannin to take a compaq presario v3424tu for me @ 43000 can any one plz tell me can i go for it or is there any other product better available i wanna btter processor n its of intel dual core 1.73 ghz is dual core very much inferior to core 2 duo

Last edited:
hey friends,
how abt Acer Aspire 9300 series laptops?/?
good on performance or not?

AMD Turion X2 TL54 1.9Ghz 2X512KB cache
17"
niVidia GeForce Go 7300 128mb
180gb HDD
1Gb DDR2

DO write, is it good to buy or not?

arunks

Hey here is the aks
visky said:
:rolleyes: my dad is plannin to take a compaq presario v3424tu for me @ 43000 can any one plz tell me can i go for it or is there any other product better available i wanna btter processor n its of intel dual core 1.73 ghz is dual core very much inferior to core 2 duo

hey r u sure ...it is bit expensive price that u r saying....3424 is available at much less than 43000

dragonlord

Broken In
hi guys, order my Dell XPS M1330. Base Configuration+3 yrs completecover+addon gfxcard+extra 9 cell battery. Got it for 62K (with a whopping discount of 15K, through dells emplyee purchase program - thru a dell employee friend)

earthen61

Broken In
hey..............cld ne1 plz tell wat da taxes on a configured dell laptop amount 2?....................i mean, if da total comes 2 around 55k without taxes, wat'll it b with taxes n delivery added?

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
The price without the taxes is the final price and no taxes are added if you dont want the laptop before 15 days...if you want it before 15 days they charges the taxes..
And you even get a good discount on that price if you call them and tell them you are a student or bargain with them...

anujtripathi

I am in a super delimna about dell laptops.
Here is the base config which i have thought of :

2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo 2MB Cache 800Mhz FSB/ 2GB RAM/ DVD Writer/14" screen/ Hard disk has no limitation

Now i configured a dell inspi 1420 on dell.ci.in for arnd 51K.

anyone has any suggestions ? Any other brand which is comparitive.

Moreover I am paying 2.5K more for .3 Ghz proc speed and 133Mhz FSB.
I may get 1.66 Ghz core 2 duo 2MB cache 667 FSB for arnd 48.x K

What say ?

Top Bottom