All laptop related queries here!!!

dipusen

Right off the assembly line
Sound driver problem

I have compaq presario c505tu model laptop. this was the first time a tried to format and reinstall windows xp on my laptop. now i can not load the sound driver on this machine. it is saying continiously "the media device could not be found for this driver"

pls help me.

qtfan1

I am using a reliance pcmcia data card (Huawei 321). I am buying the new dell xps m1330.It has only an express slot.
Reliance were unhelpful, as usual. They said that I'd have to surrender this pcmcia card and buy a new usb modem and go through the entire process of getting a new connection!
Where can I buy a pcmcia to usb adapter? It should support vista. Thanks

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Ganeshkumar said:
I think 13.1" size laptops r coming in delll but the price wuld go arnd 56K....

Go for Dell 1420.. or Vostro 1400 U will like it! :)
Thanks for replying

have two options
*www.sony.co.in/product/vgn-cr12gh/sku/vgn-cr12gh%2Fbe1?site=hp_en_IN_i
&
*www.asia.apple.com/macbook/

Hey, he would love to go for Apple (even afford upto 55,000) if it runs windows OS.
It would be tough to carry on with MAC there in kolkata.(he works in ibm there)
what do u say.....

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, it runs Windows OS just fine. Tell him not to worry.

If he goes to City Centre in Kolkata, he can even see Windows running on a Mac (the only ugly thing in the beautiful store!) and use it for a while to get the feel of it. :)

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
oh thats cool .. u are in Kolkata, thanx I will tell him that.
btw I know using a Mac is definitely better, He still wants it
says that he needs it for some programms.

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
guys i need help on ma new Compaq V3424AU notebook..it comes with Vista Home basic...but i need to install XP on it...it has 110GB paration and i wana create 4 out of it without loosing ma data on it...plzz help as soon as possible

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
use .. any partition manager,
I am using Acronis.Disk.Director.Suite.10.0.0.2117, (kalpik suggested me this one)
Its works like a charm ...

ajazz

Hi,guys!!
can anyone tell me if asus a8js laptop avaliable in india and if yes for how much?
i think this laptop gives every penny worth.
thanks

sanjeev choudhary

Broken In
hi, guys..
well i m here after a long gap........need help.

my cousin is planning to buy a notebook..........budget is 80k...
If anyone can suggest the good brand+model.......under 80k.....it would be very helpful.
which one is better for a window user......dell ,sony or apple(have'nt seen around).
waiting for reply ....thanks in advance.

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
^^^^ I think u can go for Dell Inspiron 1520 or the Vestro series with full customization as I am having Dell Inspiron 1520 & much satisfied with the performance...........

dd_wingrider

In the zone
thinking of buying this lappy HP Dv6502AU, its costing me around 45k, any suggestions or any other laptop which comes in this price range n is better please let me know:)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
sanjeev choudhary said:
hi, guys..
well i m here after a long gap........need help.

my cousin is planning to buy a notebook..........budget is 80k...
If anyone can suggest the good brand+model.......under 80k.....it would be very helpful.
which one is better for a window user......dell ,sony or apple(have'nt seen around).
waiting for reply ....thanks in advance.
What is he going to use it for?

v3425au

Hi Guys,

I bought my V3425AU yesterday. Everything working absolutely fine and has an IR port too. NOw interesting thing is my friend has bought DV2401TU and has an IR, interestingly DV2401TU came with a IR remote control which can controll functions of ur notebook like switching ON DVD player and its controls, Vol +/-, power point controlls, shutting down/hybernating the notebook and some more features which you'd ideally like to have in the remote.

When I tried the same remote on V3425AU, Bang; averything works the same. u can operate ur DVD plyr / hybernate and all other features which DV2401 offers thru their remote. I chked with HP/compaq guys they said V3425AU dsnt come with the remote and HP is not selling it separately

Guys can someone please tell me where I can find this remote or if I can order it online? I'd like to have it, especially when I have seen it working.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
DV2401TU .... which model is this and which company's and what is its price and whats is its configuration?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Umm... I have a budget of Rs. 60,000 (flexible) and I want the most value for money notebook.

Purposes:
1. All forms of entertainment, including games.
2. Programming.

Looks are somewhat important but not overly so. Thank you! :)

P.S. - Not for myself, of course. :p

Sourabh

Laptoping
Best Value for Money: Dell Vostro 1500 N-Series Notebook (No Windows OS Bundled)

*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/vostronb?c=in&cs=inbsd1&l=en&s=bsd

Select the first config from the Vostro 1500 Catalog. Customize it with WSXGA+ screen (1680x1050), 2GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, Intel's draft-n WiFi chip, 9-celled battery and webcam.

Final price after customization: Rs. 62k

CadCrazy

in search of myself
I want to purchase laptop with 17 inch screen. My budget is between 50-55k. Please suggest any good model Dell or HP.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks, Sourabh! :)

In case he wants Windows too, which one should I recommend?