All laptop related queries here!!!

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Amazon.in

This is cheap & good
thanks. I will check it out. One more Q. Can you please explain on this single channel and dual channel RAM? If i am going for adding 8 GB more as an additional stick, should it be a dual channel stick? what happens if i add a single channel stick?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
In very simple terms, RAM in dual-channel mode performs better. A rough example might go like this:
Imagine that you have to deliver newspapers to 16 houses. On one narrow road all the houses are on the same side. So you need to walk long to cover all the houses and can only deliver to one house per stop. But if the houses were 8 on each side of the road, everytime you stop you could deliver to the two opposite houses from the same spot.

I Am Not An Enthusiast so this is probably not totally correct but hope it gives a rough idea.

In practice some cases may not show significant improvement just because of dual-channel operation.

If you plan to increase RAM of a computer, you have these options:

1. Just add another stick of RAM.
Here say if you had 4 GB before, you may add 4, 8 or 16 GB making a total of 8, 12 or 20 respectively.

2. Replace original one with a bigger single stick of RAM.
Let us say you happened to be gifted with a bigger capacity stick say 16 GB but your friend also needs 4 GB. So you keep the 16 GB and give the old 4 GB to friend.

3. Replace old single stick with 2 new identical capacity sticks in dual-channel mode.

4. Add a new stick identical to the existing one.

RAM specifications include capacity, speed capability and timings, rank/bank (not sure what exactly is that). All of these should match for RAM to be able to perform in dual-channel mode. So it is generally recommended to buy them in pair at the same time from same manufacturer.

Note: I think if you are truly operating in RAM tight situation such as only 4 GB RAM in Windows 10, higher total capacity of RAM is need of hour. But once you cross 8 GB of onboard RAM, going for dual-channel may be worth it.[/b]

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Warranty already extended for 3 more months(FREE).
*Ultimately,MSI online service center and help sucksssss!!!!
I wanted to download device drivers but in vain.

@whitestar_999 , just a suggestion ,Friend.
According to Flipkart's policy,my last date of returning this Laptop is 15th Nov. 2020.
Shall I return this and instead take this,

?

Flipkart doesn't refund back the money,but replaces the product.
What is your advice,Friend?
@whitestar_999
Very,very sorry to all and MSI in particular.

I didn't search thoroughlly at the correct page(Global site not India site).
There Selection of that particular page should be done correctly through proper selection in search/taskbar of MSI site.
There you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Full aspects and fields on BIOS,Drivers,Firmware,Utilities,Manual,etc. EVERYTHING IS PRESENT.

Moreover the MSI "Content Creation(Creation Center)" software tool,which is shipped and automatically enabled while installing Windows 10, IS JUST AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never have to worry about Driver updates ,utilities or content creation(Creation Center) updates,switch over,etc.
Everything is taken care off automatically,THOUGH USER'S choice of downloading,cancellation,switch over to different Modes are all present.

I ADMIT IT IS FAR,FAR BETTER THAN DELL'S SOFTWARE/DEVICE DRIVER UPDATE FUNCTIONALITY.

MSI TRULY ROCKS ONNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;-):grin::doublethumb::bananana:

Last edited:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I am not yet ready to give full marks to MSI yet. If the model is released for India, it should be searchable on MSI India website.

Laptop makers have a habit of releasing infinitely different variants of similar models for specific countries (mainly India I guess) which differ in specs from international versions.

kg11sgbg

I am not yet ready to give full marks to MSI yet. If the model is released for India, it should be searchable on MSI India website.

Laptop makers have a habit of releasing infinitely different variants of similar models for specific countries (mainly India I guess) which differ in specs from international versions.
But, admittedly the Creation Center of MSi is an amazing tool in itself.
Believe me,just click what you need and forget. NO WORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kg11sgbg

To all...

I am very,very pleased and satisfied by using this laptop.
It has accomplished all my needs.

For those who are non-gamers,and want a light weight sleek laptop with a very good screen,color reproducion,media consumption,portability at its best...then this Laptop IS A MUST BUY. I am not referring to Apple Fan guys,either.
Screen to body ratio is 90% and color representation is much much better in an IPS display with meagre Intel UHD620 graphics.Brightness is 296nits,sRGB is 78%

Full metal body with anodised Aluminium.

Video display in 1080p is just OUTSTANDING...........

I am loving this machine much,much than my DELL Inspiron 14 5447(purchased 2014).

Ultimately,my choice,my decision.

:clap2:to MSI.

Last edited:

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Amazon.in

This is cheap & good
Finally installed above RAM stick and now my memory config looks like this. Hope this is good? Thanks for your advice.

1606041559910.png
1606041623888.png
1606041687346.png

kg11sgbg

Seems fine, the Crucial one is bit slower on timings but doesn't matter much.
Purchased this for my MSI 14 Modern B10MW-220IN laptop,for the other extra RAM slot,
ADATA 8GB DDR4

I haven't attached it to the RAM slot.
Actually wanted to know,that the screw covered by FACTORY SEAL label has to be removed ,in order to get into the inner of the laptop. Will that void the warranty?

A bit skeptical about that.

Purchased this for my MSI 14 Modern B10MW-220IN laptop,for the other extra RAM slot,
ADATA 8GB DDR4

I haven't attached it to the RAM slot.
Actually wanted to know,that the screw covered by FACTORY SEAL label has to be removed ,in order to get into the inner of the laptop. Will that void the warranty?

A bit skeptical about that.
Yes, Acer & MSI does that. Go to service centre.

kg11sgbg

What I've learned from various blogs and forums,that MSI permits its user for upgrading of RAM ormay be HDD/SSD/PCIE-NVME-SSD,provided no damage to be done into internals while doing all these stuff. In that case warranty remains okay as before.
Still, If any one within this forum has their views or opinion,then those are needed to be studied.

Friend @whitestar_999 any advice?

What I've learned from various blogs and forums,that MSI permits its user for upgrading of RAM ormay be HDD/SSD/PCIE-NVME-SSD,provided no damage to be done into internals while doing all these stuff. In that case warranty remains okay as before.
Still, If any one within this forum has their views or opinion,then those are needed to be studied.

Friend @whitestar_999 any advice?
Might be the case in US as they have a right to repair law, which Apple is trying to take down.

In India they can just reject you warranty because the seal isn't present. For my friend, when he RMA'd his Acer laptop, the service guy removed the seal, it wasn't an issue for next servicing case though. So nowadays he opens up his laptop on his own as in case if someone raises an issue he can say that it was removed by Acer technician.

kg11sgbg

Might be the case in US as they have a right to repair law, which Apple is trying to take down.

In India they can just reject you warranty because the seal isn't present. For my friend, when he RMA'd his Acer laptop, the service guy removed the seal, it wasn't an issue for next servicing case though. So nowadays he opens up his laptop on his own as in case if someone raises an issue he can say that it was removed by Acer technician.
Not only in US. In India also,now they are permitting,subject to the conditions as I mentioned.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not only in US. In India also,now they are permitting,subject to the conditions as I mentioned.
Are you sure, do you have any written/recorded proof? Different service centres handle RMA cases differently so it is not necessary that if one service centre allows it then another service centre will also allow it. Rule of thumb is if opening a laptop does not create a traceable sign(some torn/broken sticker or some physical tampering/damage inside) then anything is fine.

Are you sure, do you have any written/recorded proof? Different service centres handle RMA cases differently so it is not necessary that if one service centre allows it then another service centre will also allow it. Rule of thumb is if opening a laptop does not create a traceable sign(some torn/broken sticker or some physical tampering/damage inside) then anything is fine.
+1 to this, better safe than sorry

kg11sgbg

In this case the "FACTORY SEAL" label sticker will be torn.
Okay,let me talk to our Kolkata MSI Service center and listen what they say.

In this case the "FACTORY SEAL" label sticker will be torn.
Okay,let me talk to our Kolkata MSI Service center and listen what they say.
HP CC chat guys have lied to me about opening the laptop on my own (like it will void warranty) but I know that its not an issue for them. So see what happens. As said earlier, I know that Acer & MSI does try to pull this shit with sticker.

Top Bottom