All laptop related queries here!!!

dissel

Cyborg Agent
@kg11sgbg - All the experts and other members commented here - 100% Agree with them.

1. Asus deliberately sabotage their Ryzen 4000 Line up to sell their expensive Intel Counterpart for Normal variant, the only exception here Asus G14 Zephyrus Line up....They know how to put a good screen, Even their Intel line up got a much better screen....Simply they want you to go with the Intel version.......They are bringing Expert Book Series here in India an Ultra expensive Intel-based Office Productivity Laptop.

2. Just a couple of weeks ago there is not even a single 4000U series laptop that offers RAM Upgradabilty for the Indian Market, Now we have 513 IA with washed-out screen and very Bad thermal....So waiting may worth it when they slowly realize Indian Consumers are not a bunch of fools as much as they wanted to be.

3. Paying Extra for 4700U is no brainer as per spec - Because as of now each and every Laptop got Thermal Throttling due to a single vent at the bottom of this kinda Ultra Books.

4. As you are wanted to know your option about Honor Pro Laptop, Why not wait for Xiaomi / Redmi Laptop with 4700U and 16GB RAM - I think they may provide better service comparing Honor. Look how much product they recently launching on their website in India.....This is just an opinion.

If you are going to to buy now stick to the Major Laptop Manufacture offerings and if you perform the general basic tasks then 3500U do just fine. Drop the idea of getting AVITA.

Last edited:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I can understand the frustration of @kg11sgbg because while searching for a reasonably priced one with decent specs I was similarly frustrated about a month back too. That frustration got me to jump at the ASUS model foolishly just before the sale that would have saved me nearly 5 K!

I suggest that if possible you wait for Diwali. I am suspecting that many new models are waiting for launch around that time.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Thank You all.

WAITING..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Thank You all.

WAITING..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Why are you not considering Acer?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

kg11sgbg

AT. LAST ZEROED ON IN:--->

MSI Modern 14 B4MW-074IN(AMD Ryzen 4500U)
Only sacrifice I have to made is for screen size.

Rest all other are according to expectations.
Even screen feature is better than ASUS Ultra 15 laptops (Ryzen)which I had chosen earlier.

BUT IT IS NOT AVAILABLE AT AMAZON NOW.
☹️

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I dont think this shud be posted here, But creating a seperate thread is no sense,

How to know If my Windows 10 Laptop-cum-tab supports a stylus integration like logitech crayon or Lenovo's stylus, I want to use it for drawing.

Model Lenovo Ideapad D330-10IGM
Here is the link Ideapad D330

Also, If it supports, please tell any good pen/stylus avaialble in india

kg11sgbg

I don't recommend avita laptops at all.
In fact I am not on it.
I wanted the MSI Modern 14 Ryzen model.
May be it will return with a hefty price tag.

In Flipkart the MSI Modern 14(core i5 10th Gen. )is available with a price tag of ₹53k

Do I move on to Intel?
Not only confused but also greed is sweeping in my mind.

Actually, Amazon great Indian festival is coming to an end on 13th of Nov'20
Flipkart Big Diwali sale starts from 8th Nov to 13th Nov.

What is your advice/suggestion,Friend?

Some say MSI after sales support has improved after their official rep has appeared on reddit.
@omega44-xt
Possible, but after sales wasn't the biggest reason I didn't recommend MSI, pricing & models were. Like MSI GF65 & Bravo are inferior to Acer Nitro or Asus TUF & even expensive. Right now 9th gen Intel powered GL65 has good prices, but being MSI, people are hesitant.

My friend was looking for under 90k gaming laptop & he ordered Asus F15 with i7 + 1650Ti as he didn't trust MSI even though GL65 (i7+1660Ti was much superior), although Omen (R5+1660Ti) got back in stock yesterday, so cancelled F15 & ordered Omen (waiting for amazon refund now). I did initially recommend him for GL65 or to wait for Omen to be back in stock. MSI needs to have good models & price them well, at least similar to Acer to be competitive. With more models being sold, people might start trusting them.

kg11sgbg

Possible, but after sales wasn't the biggest reason I didn't recommend MSI, pricing & models were. Like MSI GF65 & Bravo are inferior to Acer Nitro or Asus TUF & even expensive. Right now 9th gen Intel powered GL65 has good prices, but being MSI, people are hesitant.

My friend was looking for under 90k gaming laptop & he ordered Asus F15 with i7 + 1650Ti as he didn't trust MSI even though GL65 (i7+1660Ti was much superior), although Omen (R5+1660Ti) got back in stock yesterday, so cancelled F15 & ordered Omen (waiting for amazon refund now). I did initially recommend him for GL65 or to wait for Omen to be back in stock. MSI needs to have good models & price them well, at least similar to Acer to be competitive. With more models being sold, people might start trusting them.
As per multimedia laptop and your knowledge/concepts on Laptop,which should be thin/sleek and lightweight, isn't the MSI Modern 14 B10MW-220IN(Intel Core i5-10210U) a great deal ??

AMD Ryzen variant of this Notebook is unavailable right now.

Again, as I am not a GAMER so MSI 15 Leopard is not RIGHT for me.

What do you suggest?

kg11sgbg

ULTIMATELY GOING FOR THE
MSI Modern 14 Core i5 10th Gen - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) Modern 14 B10MW-220IN Thin and Light Laptop (14 inch, Black, 1.3 kg)

Price : Rs.49,990.00

From Flipkart Diwali Sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kg11sgbg

Kicking off my Fanyboyism....

For me Intel and AMD are both same............................................

As per multimedia laptop and your knowledge/concepts on Laptop,which should be thin/sleek and lightweight, isn't the MSI Modern 14 B10MW-220IN(Intel Core i5-10210U) a great deal ??

AMD Ryzen variant of this Notebook is unavailable right now.

Again, as I am not a GAMER so MSI 15 Leopard is not RIGHT for me.

What do you suggest?
Yes, i5/R5 variants are good enough for normal usage. For 50k, ideally R5 4500U + 8GB + 512GB is the best combination.

kg11sgbg

Yes, i5/R5 variants are good enough for normal usage. For 50k, ideally R5 4500U + 8GB + 512GB is the best combination.
Friend already PURCHASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

Coming to me on Monday 9th of Nov'20.

Also purchased a
Logitech B175 Wireless Optical Mouse (2.4GHz Wireless, Black) . Price: Rs.545.00

Receiving that too on same day.

Purchased a
HyperX HX424S14IB2/8 Impact Black 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL14 260-pin Unbuffered SODIMM Internal Memory Black. Price: Rs.2699.00 for GREAT INDIAN FESTIVAL OFFER
:grin:

Receiving TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total RAM would be 16GB DDR4 for my Laptop.

Shall buy a PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD of 512GB next month,and attach it to the laptop.

INTEND TO INSTALL FEDORA-33(BTRFS Filesystem) on that separate and new SSD.

Dual Boot Laptop(Windows 10 + Fedora) is what I want.:bananana:

Also purchased a

Purchased a :grin:

That laptop has 2666MHz RAM by default, if you add a slower RAM, original RAM will run slower as well. The performance loss is like 5% & not noticeable in daily usage.

You can cancel RAM & go for this:
*www.amazon.in/Crucial-Basics-2666M...ds=8gb+ddr4+2666mhz+RAM&qid=1604742012&sr=8-4

kg11sgbg

That laptop has 2666MHz RAM by default, if you add a slower RAM, original RAM will run slower as well. The performance loss is like 5% & not noticeable in daily usage.

You can cancel RAM & go for this:
Amazon.in
Thanks buddy!
Forgot the clock cycle of RAM. Actually I was intimidated and acted foolishly.
Moreover the price of Crucial RAM is also less.

I had cancelled the order and freshly ordered the Crucial RAM.

Thank You once again.:emoji_handshake:

kg11sgbg

Also purchased a

Purchased a :grin:

Friend, @whitestar_999 ,won't you give your Remarks?

Ultimately,Fanboyism is just a Bullsh!t. In these cases. It is a different aspect together on Movies,Sports,likewise.....

kg11sgbg

@omega44-xt , what I recollect from various unboxing/review videos on YouTube,is that the PCIe nvme m.2 SSD has no extra slot for upgradeability.
One can remove the 512GB and attach a 1TB SSD(QUITE EXPENSIVE!!!).:duh2:

Top Bottom