All laptop related queries here!!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have bought the 14 inch model of Vivobook recently (unfortunately just before the sale).
Was it X series model or M series?

I need guidance in assessing the actual RAM usage but according to a Rainmeter widget it has around 7+ GB of RAM available for Windows. I think only 512 MB is 'hard' reserved for graphics. But my knowledge is superficial in this regard. If you could advise the proper tool to measure it the correct way, I would be happy to report the resutls.
What does it show in task manager performance--memory section(win 8.1/10)?
1603807929608.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@sling-shot can you post screenshot of device manager showing graphics adapter details as on asus site for M413IA model the graphics is mentioned as R3 which is clearly wrong.

Edit: Also try to post a screenshot of cpu-z showing integrated graphics details.

Last edited:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Device manager as well as CPU-Z only say AMD Radeon graphics. They do not mention Vega 3 or anything. It seems AMD has dropped Vega 3/6/ or whatever nomenclature.

Attachments

• CPU-Z Graphics section.png
    CPU-Z Graphics section.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Device manager showing Radeon graphics.png
    Device manager showing Radeon graphics.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 79

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It is the newest version & some commented that its screen quality is supposed to be better than older X series vivobooks.

Then I guess asus reserved ~512mb ram on this model for ryzen graphics & you can't change it as usual.
Laptops with excessive vram allocation to GPU without option to change it on top of even 1 soldered ram should not be considered. Sad to see Indian consumers getting stupid laptop configs at higher than international prices again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Device manager as well as CPU-Z only say AMD Radeon graphics. They do not mention Vega 3 or anything. It seems AMD has dropped Vega 3/6/ or whatever nomenclature.
It seems like amd has indeed dropped mentioning specific name for graphics which is unusual as per this review, try with gpu-z to confirm as done in review.
*www.ultrabookreview.com/41207-asus-vivobook-m533ia-review/

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Laptops with excessive vram allocation to GPU without option to change it on top of even 1 soldered ram should not be considered. Sad to see Indian consumers getting stupid laptop configs at higher than international prices again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Usual story of Indian market, I suspect things to get even worse if this "aatmnirbhar" trend start affecting pc parts market.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Chinese all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Without China we are doomed in IT HARDWARE sector!!!

@sling-shot , I am interested about M513IA
I
n the site it says only upto 12GB upgradeable.Is that so?

Is that availabe in offline shops(brick & mortar)?

Last edited:

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Chinese all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Without China we are doomed in IT HARDWARE sector!!!

@sling-shot , I am interested about M513IA
I
n the site it says only upto 12GB upgradeable.Is that so?

Is that availabe in offline shops(brick & mortar)?
I visited a local asus store and was told it's available online only.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I had enquired in the local shops for the previous version with Ryzen 3500U. It was available technically but recently went out of stock about a month or so back. So I suspect this would be available through local channels too. Because it was an interesting CPU for me I went ahead and bought it in spite of poor reviews about screen.

I haven't physically opened up the laptop to check RAM slots but because this configuration of RAM is in the market in various laptops sold by ASUS for quite sometime now, we can say that it is like that. 4 GB soldered and 4 GB in a slot. Can be replaced with 8 GB officially but I think I read somewhere that a person had tried successfully with a 16 GB stick to get 20 GB in total. I am not willing to test it for the time being. Presently 8 GB is working for my light use.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@whitestar_999 @SaiyanGoku @omega44-xt Just to confirm, below is a good buy? Missed out on previous FK sale planning to book this on FK diwali sale starting tomorrow if price is reduced

*www.flipkart.com/acer-aspire-7-cor...ppn=browse&ssid=zsses0jv000000001603906031889
In bbd sale it was available for 46k I think after card discount so this time it should be at least ~50k after card discount. At this price it still seems alright but see if you can get acer nitro with similar config at this price as it has overall better build quality.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
In bbd sale it was available for 46k I think after card discount so this time it should be at least ~50k after card discount. At this price it still seems alright but see if you can get acer nitro with similar config at this price as it has overall better build quality.
Can you please share the model?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you please share the model?

bbd sale price 44990.
*www.flipkart.com/acer-aspire-7-ryz...715-41g-r6s8-gaming-laptop/p/itm56e58b0c59ea3

bbd sale price 49990.
*www.flipkart.com/acer-aspire-7-cor...715-75g-50sa-gaming-laptop/p/itmff1cbf710ce62

Top Bottom