All laptop related queries here!!!

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
For laptop ram Crucial is considered as usually safe choice. Btw do not attempt to upgrade ram on your own in any acer laptop or you will risk voiding the warranty. On that note also buy extended warranty from acer site for ~2.2k which comes with 1st year ADP(accidental damage production, covers physical damage not covered in regular warranty) & next 2 years extended warranty(so total 3 years).
Thanks for the advice. Will check out the extended warranty. For upgrading RAM can you suggest a model? Should I carry the laptop to acer service center and buy ram from them or can I buy online?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the advice. Will check out the extended warranty. For upgrading RAM can you suggest a model? Should I carry the laptop to acer service center and buy ram from them or can I buy online?

Yes you should definitely carry the laptop to acer service centre in your city but before that call them to confirm the service charges & tell them you already bought the below ram from amazon(even if you didn't). I am assuming your acer laptop came with 2666MHz ddr4 ram so confirm it with cpu-z.
*www.amazon.in/Crucial-CT8G4SFS8266-Unbuffered-SODIMM-Retail/dp/B071KNKBQ1/

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
ASUS VIVOBOOK KM513IA-EJ398T

How about this?
Last week it was Rs.4K more on Amazon.
Screen may be ordinary,but the hardware specs looks good.

What about your ideas @sling-shot ; @omega44-xt ; @whitestar_999 ; @SaiyanGoku ?

All others are also welcomed for their views.
I would be against buying any of these Vivobooks until ASUS fixes these two things:

1) Display. It is a torture. I would only give 2.5 points out of 10 for this. CRITICAL.

2) RAM. 4 GB is soldered so if you upgrade the other 4 GB to 8 GB, you lose dual channel. IMPORTANT.

3) MicroSD card reader, not full SD card reader. No Ethernet port. OPTIONAL.

About Ryzen 5 vs. Ryzen 7, I saw a review which states that due to extreme throttling of R7 in this model, there is no practical benefit over R5 other than bragging rights.

Did a quick search & used the below comparison even if it looked a bit odd(I also thought it should be 3600X but then I thought maybe 3600 has more overclocking potential).
*cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-3700X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-3600/4043vs4040
I don't use websites like those, I think userbenchmark prefers Intel & doesn't have good AMD data. R7 3700X is better in every aspect except price & power draw over R5 3600.

Buy RAM on your own, then take it to service centre. Acer charged my friend 500 for RAM upgrade.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
ASUS VIVOBOOK KM513IA-EJ398T

How about this?
Last week it was Rs.4K more on Amazon.
Screen may be ordinary,but the hardware specs looks good.

What about your ideas @sling-shot ; @omega44-xt ; @whitestar_999 ; @SaiyanGoku ?

All others are also welcomed for their views.

This listing from Appario at 61k

Black Version

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08CKZN2L3/?coliid=I1U2J73HTP2N23&colid=102ICFJILJU5T&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

White Version

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08CL1CYC3/?coliid=I1JS3DJGUH27LB&colid=102ICFJILJU5T&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I thought it was more practical, Since most of the SD cards used are Micro ones. In other laptops, one needs to use an adapter or USB-SD converter. So that fits better IMO
Cameras use SD cards, not microSD. It is easier to use microSD with adapter to access it on a SD card slot on PC than the other way around.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
COMPLETELY CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which one should I go for?

1).
ASUS VivoBook Ultra 15 AMD Ryzen 5 4500U 15.6-inch FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/512GB NVMe SSD/Windows 10/Integrated Graphics/Bespoke Black/1.80 kg), M513IA-EJ310T
Price: Rs.51,990.00(Amazon)

2).
MSI GL65 Leopard, Intel 9th Gen. i5-9300H, 15.6" FHD Gaming Laptop (8GB/512GB NVMe SSD/Windows 10 Home/Nvidia GTX 1650/ Black/2.3Kg), 9SCXK-065IN
Price: Rs.54,990.00(Amazon)

3).
Honor MagicBook 15 Ryzen 5 Quad Core 3500U - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) Boh-WAQ9HNR Thin and Light Laptop (15.6 inch, Mystic Silver, 1.53 kg)
Price: Rs.42,990.00(Flipkart)

Screen Resolution: 15.6" IS A MUST FOR ME.

@All of you ,
@whitestar_999 ;
@sling-shot ;
@omega44-xt ;
@dissel ;
@SaiyanGoku ;
Please Help me.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I wouldn't recommend ASUS for any sort of media consumption due to horrible screen.

I have no idea of MSI or Honor.
Just by a difference of Rs3K,isn't the 9th Gen. Intel Core5 a standard deal? Just an opinion.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just by a difference of Rs3K,isn't the 9th Gen. Intel Core5 a standard deal? Just an opinion.
Honor probably has the best screen but no idea about its build quality & whether it is reliable. Asus definitely has the worst screen. Heard that MSI after sales support has been somewhat improved after their official rep has come on reddit /r/Indiangaming. If media consumption is top priority then I would just buy a good 27" monitor which will leave behind the screen of any laptop below 1-1.5 lakh price.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Honor probably has the best screen but no idea about its build quality & whether it is reliable. Asus definitely has the worst screen. Heard that MSI after sales support has been somewhat improved after their official rep has come on reddit /r/Indiangaming. If media consumption is top priority then I would just buy a good 27" monitor which will leave behind the screen of any laptop below 1-1.5 lakh price.
That defeats the purpose of a laptop which is portability. For eg. while traveling.

Top Bottom