All laptop related queries here!!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saw the Intel version of 49990. Since I don't have sbi card will have to buy on listed price only. If only it was available on Amazon. Have you heard any review or user opinions on this? I am not going to use it for much gaming anyways. Do you know any drawbacks of this model? Only thing I saw was it didn't come with pre installed office.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Intel version runs hotter & acer nitro 5 model will need some tweaking on your part to control the temps a bit in case you decided to play games on it for long duration but for typical usage & some occasional gaming it should be fine.
@omega44-xt

There is similar model available on amazon with a bit higher price & ryzen 3550H processor which is also a bit weaker than i5 9300H but also runs cooler.

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Intel version runs hotter & acer nitro 5 model will need some tweaking on your part to control the temps a bit in case you decided to play games on it for long duration but for typical usage & some occasional gaming it should be fine.
@omega44-xt

There is similar model available on amazon with a bit higher price & ryzen 3550H processor which is also a bit weaker than i5 9300H but also runs cooler.
I think Nitro 5 with i5 & 1650 should be fine, at least it has 2 fans & a decent number of heat pipes, no idea about the cooling of Aspire 7.

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
I am looking for a laptop for a friend around 30k -

is this a good one Amazon.in

it costs around 36k or could i get anything cheaper
Out of stock. Under 40k is a great price for those specs considering you barely even get i3 + SSD under 40k these days. R5 3500U performs similar to i5 U & G suffix CPUs.

This is good for 30k, obviously inferior to previous one:
Amazon.in

khalil1210

Out of stock. Under 40k is a great price for those specs considering you barely even get i3 + SSD under 40k these days. R5 3500U performs similar to i5 U & G suffix CPUs.

This is good for 30k, obviously inferior to previous one:
Amazon.in

Thanks, yeah most of them are out of stock

I think people are buying crazy or stock is very less.

So will look for ryzen5 under 40k with 8gb ram and ssd

The laptop I mentioned was there for 30 mins and went out of stock

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Thanks, yeah most of them are out of stock

I think people are buying crazy or stock is very less.

So will look for ryzen5 under 40k with 8gb ram and ssd

The laptop I mentioned was there for 30 mins and went out of stock
Both

Due to WFH & online education, people are buying 30-50k laptops, so high demand. Corona has impacted supply chain, so lower supply as well now.

ysmonyog

I want to add another 8gb to existing stock 8gb RAM (2133 Mhz, cpuz screenshot attached) in Asus ZX53VW laptop. Should I get it done from Asus service centre or buy compatible RAM and install. Please suggest compatible RAM also.

Attachments

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I want to add another 8gb to existing stock 8gb RAM (2133 Mhz, cpuz screenshot attached) in Asus ZX53VW laptop. Should I get it done from Asus service centre or buy compatible RAM and install. Please suggest compatible RAM also.
Could you please take screenshot from windows instead of a mobile screen? :)
If you are comfortable in DIYing it, then go ahead and upgrade it yourself. Also, 2133 MHz is too low. Would've suggested to go with 2 new, at least 2666 Mhz sticks.

kg11sgbg

To everyone here...
How about the ASUS Vivobook Ultra 15 M513IA series notebook with AMD Ryzen 5 4500U processor/APU ?
Does it support upgradeability uptill 12GB RAM only?

dissel

To everyone here...
How about the ASUS Vivobook Ultra 15 M513IA series notebook with AMD Ryzen 5 4500U processor/APU ?
Does it support upgradeability uptill 12GB RAM only?
Page No 285 and 286 - here in this thread we discuss why 12GB RAM is not good and the next page about 513IA and YT video of Bangladesh unboxing the similar product.
Also remember there are full 16GB version available of the same according to ASUS website but it may not ever come to India, In 16 GB version you don't lose dual-channel capability, unlike 4+4 = 8GB version.
I think in 16GB version there must be 8GB soldered and another 8GB stick at the slot....user may not need even upgrade.

Last edited:

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Page No 285 and 286 - here in this thread we discuss why 12GB RAM is not good and the next page about 513IA and YT video of Bangladesh unboxing the similar product.
Also remember there are full 16GB version available of the same according to ASUS website but it may not ever come to India, In 16 GB version you don't lose dual-channel capability, unlike 4+4 = 8GB version.
I think in 16GB version there must be 8GB soldered and another 8GB stick at the slot....user may not need even upgrade.

For normal usage, which most people buying such a laptop will be doing, losing that 10-15% extra performance from dual channel is not something observable. Yes, it will help the iGPU noticeably, but again, these aren't meant for gaming. 8GB RAM is sufficient for normal usage & 12GB gives sufficient headroom. So IMO lack of proper 16GB dual-channel shouldn't be a deal breaker.

R5 4500U laptops at 50k are excellent choice for general usage, is very powerful & is efficient as well.

dissel

For normal usage, which most people buying such a laptop will be doing, losing that 10-15% extra performance from dual channel is not something observable. Yes, it will help the iGPU noticeably, but again, these aren't meant for gaming. 8GB RAM is sufficient for normal usage & 12GB gives sufficient headroom. So IMO lack of proper 16GB dual-channel shouldn't be a deal breaker.

R5 4500U laptops at 50k are excellent choice for general usage, is very powerful & is efficient as well.
I'm worried about the RAM allocation of Ryzen IGPU's - Many manufacturers reseved 2GB RAM for Radeon Graphics, (Example ; HP Envy 360) so in that case, people left out only less than 6GB RAM - Not sure about 513IA though...

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I'm worried about the RAM allocation of Ryzen IGPU's - Many manufacturers reseved 2GB RAM for Radeon Graphics, (Example ; HP Envy 360) so in that case, people left out only less than 6GB RAM - Not sure about 513IA though...
Higher probabily that 2GB will be reserved as they did it with its older model, One with ryzen 3500U.

kg11sgbg

Is the BIOS lockedin this laptop?
Otherwise allocation of graphics memory could be arranged according to different configurations.

I WAS NEVER A GAMER AND NEVER INTEND TO.
Here lossof dual channel functionality is not any issue for me.

What is your take on this laptop(ASUS VivoBook Ultra 15 M513IA) @whitestar_999 and @SaiyanGoku ?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Otherwise allocation of graphics memory could be arranged according to different configurations.

What is your take on this laptop(ASUS VivoBook Ultra 15 M513IA) @whitestar_999 and @SaiyanGoku ?
You cannot adjust graphical memmory. MAJOR CON WHICH I AM FACING and thinking how to fix.....

omega44-xt

Gear up ...

It's good enough at 50k considering the current scenario.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is your take on this laptop(ASUS VivoBook Ultra 15 M513IA)
In my opinion if its screen is ips(not sure) or at least much better than below avg tn panel on older vivobook models & its price comes out to be around 45k then only it is worth buying else in just ended flipkart bbd sale acer aspire 7 with ryzen 3550H+GTX1650+8gb ram+512gb ssd+ips panel went for as low as 42k after 3k sbi card discount.