All laptop related queries here!!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honor Laptops are out soon

Honor Magicbook Intrigue3 Store Online - Buy Honor Magicbook Intrigue3 Online at Best Price in India | Flipkart.com
You do know that huawei is banned by USA for security reasons? Even Lenovo is a safer bet than this & that's assuming huawei models are far superior to other models by dell/hp/asus/acer in similar price range.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
You do know that huawei is banned by USA for security reasons? Even Lenovo is a safer bet than this & that's assuming huawei models are far superior to other models by dell/hp/asus/acer in similar price range.

hmmm...But laptops looks cool 3500U - Poor man's Mackbook. 40k introductory offer.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
hmmm...But laptops looks cool 3500U - Poor man's Mackbook. 40k introductory offer.
asus vivobook latest X series design comes very close if not matches this laptop's design but reliability of honor hardware in laptops is yet to be established not to mention the security issue. For a poor man's macbook you can check this asus model(& also see the reviews):
*www.amazon.in/ASUS-ZenBook-UX430UA-GV573T-Integrated-Graphics/dp/B082SZJ38K

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
I ordered 8 gb from Amazon and they send me different model .. now they are not taking return claim or refund....

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I ordered 8 gb from Amazon and they send me different model .. now they are not taking return claim or refund....
Did you not return within the return period of Amazon. If not then I think there is no other way.
Usually when flipkart was about 10 years ago it used to take back and return the money but nowadays both the ecommerce sites are only accepting same products exchange but not different products.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
The thing is that on we can only confirm when we open the courier package.

I ordered the item.. but when I opened the package it's not what I ordered.. they sent a different ram... A cheap one which I think is fake.. because serial number and model is not showing on crucial website..

Without opening the package how can we know what's inside.

Crucial ram is manufactured by Micron and it's shown on their site..

But this one is not showing anything

I contacted Amazon and they just said they will look into this.. but no response it's been two days

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

I ordered the item.. but when I opened the package it's not what I ordered.. they sent a different ram... A cheap one which I think is fake.. because serial number and model is not showing on crucial website..

I contacted Amazon and they just said they will look into this.. but no response it's been two days
Oh boy oh boy
Same thing happened to me but I purchased locally in Hyderabad and that store guy sold me Chinese knock off
When I used CPU-Z to check the serial number and manufacturer details I could not find any
So I went back and asked that store guy and he gave me a guarantee that the RAM will work and if not he will return my money.
I paid 4k for 8GB 2400Mhz SODIMM for my then 2017 MSI Laptop to make the total Ram installed to 16GB.

So we have to be extra careful when buying online and it's better to buy from any dealer.

I found a Samsung Memory dealer from Vijayawada but paying and delivering the Ram became an issue where I went and bought locally in Hyderabad in 2017 January.

Though the Laptop is working without a hitch until now

Lately it's camera and mic isn't working for my kids online classes and my kid is learning through recently bought Honor 8inch tablet.

So thinking of rectifying the errors in that lappy and will be selling it off.
It also has Samsung 860 Evo 500GB 2.5 inch SSD.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Will wait and see what happens next..

Flipkart and Amazon is flooded with many counterfeit and fake or chinese copy products...

Even reputed seller also selling it..
The package looks exactly identical.. sadly it's very difficult to contact the seller and ask for explanation..

Some even do not give clear details like year of manufacturing , exact model number version number and so

You can only verify it when you receive the item and check yourself for that you have to accept the courier and open the packaging..

And when you find the item is different .. it's a big headache to sort it out

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

Post the amazon product page link & seller from which you bought the ram.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
This G14 priced lower than HP OMEN 1660Ti model...I doubt this 84k price will be introductory.
*www.amazon.in/ASUS-Zephyrus-Graphi...d-search-12&pf_rd_t=101&qid=1596707949&sr=8-4

There are more variant - Check the description section of this video, not all are available

Last edited:
This G14 priced lower than HP OMEN 1660Ti model...I doubt this 84k price will be introductory.
*www.amazon.in/ASUS-Zephyrus-Graphi...d-search-12&pf_rd_t=101&qid=1596707949&sr=8-4

There are more variant - Check the description section of this video, not all are available

That's a GTX 1650 model. There's an Omen with R5 4600H + 1660Ti for 86k, Intel options are expensive as usual. HP just botched the display. Even 95k variant of that laptop with 144Hz display would be great.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
That's a GTX 1650 model. There's an Omen with R5 4600H + 1660Ti for 86k, Intel options are expensive as usual. HP just botched the display. Even 95k variant of that laptop with 144Hz display would be great.

These are the Ultra Gaming Book but I think HP OMEN Still got better cooling comparing this, One thing I can't get These Zephyrus can upgradable memory up to 24GB where HP OMEN is just 16GB !!! meaning one more 8GB stick and you are done.

These are the Ultra Gaming Book but I think HP OMEN Still got better cooling comparing this, One thing I can't get These Zephyrus can upgradable memory up to 24GB where HP OMEN is just 16GB !!! meaning one more 8GB stick and you are done.
Wrong, you can remove the already installed RAM stick from Omen & put 2x 16GB sticks, which exists.

G14 has a soldered 8GB RAM with 1 free slot, so Omen has superior config as both slots are user accessible.

G14 is an ultra-portable performance house, which has no competition right now.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
I thought you were talking about ssd in caddy. I suggest to install ssd in caddy & hdd in its original place & then test.

I procrastinated a little in doing this. Can totally confirm, it works nicely now. Those issues of videos stuttering are all gone with HDD in primary SATA port and SSD in caddy. I think HDD needs a full sized SATA power port to properly function. but SSDs, requiring less power work fine via the Caddy's smaller power connector.
Another corollary hypothesis I have about this is that due to power draw by the HDD, the power rail powering the Caddy's power port might have had fluctuations, and it took time to recover from those drops. And this was why transfers from HDD were repeatedly dropping to zero and recovering in some time.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I procrastinated a little in doing this. Can totally confirm, it works nicely now. Those issues of videos stuttering are all gone with HDD in primary SATA port and SSD in caddy. I think HDD needs a full sized SATA power port to properly function. but SSDs, requiring less power work fine via the Caddy's smaller power connector.
Another corollary hypothesis I have about this is that due to power draw by the HDD, the power rail powering the Caddy's power port might have had fluctuations, and it took time to recover from those drops. And this was why transfers from HDD were repeatedly dropping to zero and recovering in some time.
Good to know :)

Both sata ports in laptops are same as far as power is considered but my guess is it has something to do with power saving function enabled on optical drive sata port or the communication profile on optical drive sata port. Optical drive behaves differently from a sata hdd so when a sata hdd is installed at optical drive sata port then it may be possible that either the port is not expecting continuous power draw from connected device(like in case of playing something from hdd) or the caddy/sata port interface is having some communication slowdown resulting in very short breaks of connectivity which affect sata hdd read/write rates as they are already very low but don't have any effect on ssd because of their very low latency & very high read write rates.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Usually ram can be upgraded without any issue as long as empty ram slot can be accessed by a sub-panel present in bottom panel with opening just one screw. SSD upgrade will most probably require opening the entire back panel so unless you are skilled enough I suggest to get it done at service centre only because you never know when you might break something. This is also why I recommend people to prefer laptops pre-installed with ssd especially nowadays when making a trip to service centre is full of hassle & should be taken as last resort only.
Newer laptops seem to be forgoing the option of user upgradeable memory altogether.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
In particular, I was referring to lack of ports in the case. Opening a laptop without ports is a risky affair for an untrained user and might void warranty even if the RAM itself can be upgraded.

Many of the laptops I have seen recently have a single piece bottom with no window.

Top Bottom