All laptop related queries here!!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because of current shortage in Intel manufacturing facilities don't expect any 9th gen intel processor at "reasonable price" anytime soon(by that I mean at least a few months wait).

When is intel 9th gen chips ready to hit India??
Laptops ones haven't been announced yet. I don't expect it to be announced anytime soon. 8th gen is powerful & with manufacturing issues at Intel, it won't be announced anytime soon. The desktop 9th gen isn't a big upgrade over 8th gen, so no need to wait for it. I'm expecting better thermals from 9th gen laptop CPUs, especially H series.

Desktop ones should be available soon if not already available.

kaz

right here
When is intel 9th gen chips ready to hit India??

For laptops, it will take long time. For desktops, it is already available: Intel Core i5 9th Gen 9600K Processor - Golchha Computers -Total Solution in IT - PRO AUDIO - PRO VIDEO Products

rdx_halo

In the zone
Sorry for asking a noob question. What is the base speed of the processor ? Does higher base speed means faster processing ?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Base speed is basically default speed of processor while turbo boost(intel) is the increased clock speed of processor under heavy load conditions subject to thermal & power consumption limits(think of it as an inbuilt overclocking).

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Do you guys use anything to keep your laptop screen from scratches/dust cover/easy cleaning?
What do you guys use for Screen damage prevention?

I've found that the keyboard leaves a kind of dust print on the screen everytime it's closed overnight.

I've used a Screen guard on my old laptop (5yrs back), and thankfully, the guy didn't let in any visible dirt or air bubble inside. Im afraid to do it on a newer one for possible dirt or airbubble that might be left inside. (6months old).

Please let me know if this has to be in some other thread/a new thread of it's own

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^I never close the laptop lid fully except when carrying it in backpack.Even then I simply put a newspaper page over keyboard so there is no direct physical contact between screen & kb when lid is fully closed.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Do you guys use anything to keep your laptop screen from scratches/dust cover/easy cleaning?

I've found that the keyboard leaves a kind of dust print on the screen everytime it's closed overnight.

I've used a Screen guard on my old laptop (5yrs back), and thankfully, the guy didn't let in any visible dirt or air bubble inside. Im afraid to do it on a newer one for possible dirt or airbubble that might be left inside. (6months old).

Please let me know if this has to be in some other thread/a new thread of it's own

I bought a screen protector but it developed many bubbles after which I removed it.

I clean it every week by using Colin dust remover by using a soft cloth.

Both the keyboard area & screen area.
Sometimes outside area also when it gets dusty I mean.

My current location has very less amount of dust, so not much accumulates on the screen & I don't close the lid completely ever (unless I'm carrying it somewhere).

In my UG days, the city I was in was a steel city, so lots of dust. Still, I never used a screen guard. I used to wipe the dust like twice or thrice every day from the screen, that's it. Truth be told, I didn't even use a microfiber cloth or such, just my clean hands & use of a brush to remove dust from sides, rarely sometimes wiped it with a damp cloth. I used the same brush to clean the keyboard every day as well. My old laptop after 3 years at such a place had very few small scratches which weren't noticeable easily (not at all noticeable while using).

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the replies guys.
I'll find out some thin cloth or paper to put between the surfaces. And clean the surfaces when required.

Cheers!

chetansha

In the zone
Hi, I have Dell Inspiron 15 2 in1 laptop model 7569. It comes with one 256gb ssd. Now I want to remove this and install 500gb
How to transfer os and all other installed programs.*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190104/a995305cb3a193b98a4be33b57235133.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You need to make a system image using some image backup program(I recommend macrium reflect free version) & then restore it to larger/newer ssd.

vito scalleta

In the zone
Hi, I have Dell Inspiron 15 2 in1 laptop model 7569. It comes with one 256gb ssd. Now I want to remove this and install 500gb
How to transfer os and all other installed programs.

If your are going to be holding on to the 256gb ssd, then its probably a good idea to buy a M.2 Usb adapter.

1. You will first install the 500gb ssd on to the m.2 usb adapter.
2. Connect it to your laptop using usb cable.
3. Use a tool such as AOMEI or Samsung magician to clone the 256 gb ssd partitions to the 500 gb ssd.
4. Replace the ssd in the laptop with the 500 gb sdd in the adapter.
5. Boot your laptop and make sure everything is hunk dory.
6. Place the old 256 gb ssd in the adapter and use it as an external storage.

You can probably import the adapter from Aliexpress. Link

Not a query but just a reminder to you all, the ASUS ZENBOOK 13 UX331UAL is back on offer at Flipkart for Rs 53,000

Asus ZenBook 13 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) UX331UAL-EG001T Thin and Light Laptop Rs.78990 Price in India - Buy Asus ZenBook 13 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) UX331UAL-EG001T Thin and Light Laptop Rose Gold Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

I know some people missed the Big Diwali sale last year, so its back for Womens Day Special Deal. I missed it last year, waited patiently for months and finalyl purchased it this morning when he sale opened up :ashamed:

Gollum

Collector
How to transfer os and all other installed programs.

You can use an NGFF to Sata adapter like the image below. This will allow you to keep the existing OS and have additional storage.
*images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61irm3jvdkL._SL1001_.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a query but just a reminder to you all, the ASUS ZENBOOK 13 UX331UAL is back on offer at Flipkart for Rs 53,000

Asus ZenBook 13 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) UX331UAL-EG001T Thin and Light Laptop Rs.78990 Price in India - Buy Asus ZenBook 13 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) UX331UAL-EG001T Thin and Light Laptop Rose Gold Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

I know some people missed the Big Diwali sale last year, so its back for Womens Day Special Deal. I missed it last year, waited patiently for months and finalyl purchased it this morning when he sale opened up :ashamed:
Post a small review here if you get some free time.There are many comments regarding touchpad issue for this model so use for some days with default driver & if issue comes up then update to latest driver from asus site.

siddhesh222

Journeyman

Purchased Zenbook 13 this morning too! Do write a review... I'm also concerned about the touchpad issues...

Top Bottom