All laptop related queries here!!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Unfortunately, ASUS India website's support link, Notebooks & Ultrabooks - X552EA - ASUS lists drivers for Microsoft Windows 8 and 8.1, but not for Microsoft Windows 7. Would the default/inbuilt drivers within Windows 7 suffice, or should he look at alternatives such as Sam Drivers?
ASUS site only has 64 bit drivers it seems. Anyways, I do feel they should work fine(the Windows 8 ones on Windows 7). Although I've heard a few people facing issues(not specific to the laptop you mentioned but in general I mean) most 3rd party drivers should work too.
which one to go AMD or Intel
will hp provide warranty for online purchased laptop ?
suggest some good for home basic use, movies, music, browsing, office work and long battery
Stick with the Intel one IMO. For the type of usage you've mentioned the onboard graphics(HD4000) is more than sufficient IMO. Also, I feel the Intel one will have battery life then the AMD one in question.
The battery of my Dell Studio 14 is not charging more than 48%. Does that means it's gone for a toss?

Strange thing. I think you should get the Battery checked out at a local authorized service center before making a change.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
which one to buy for home use mainly for movies, music, surfing and office work, budget around 20 to 22 k

FK deal please ????

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
which one to buy for home use mainly for movies, music, surfing and office work, budget around 20 to 22 k

FK deal please ????

You already posted the link earlier: Error 500 Server Error

This seems the only 4th gen i3 based Laptop in your budget. If you want other brands, you can for the AMD alternative:

Error 500 Server Error

insaneYLN

In the zone
Microsoft Windows 7 Drivers for ASUS X552EA-SX006D

A teammate of mine has placed an online order for the ASUS X552EA-SX006D laptop, Notebooks & Ultrabooks - X552EA - ASUS. Considering the default operating system is DOS, my teammate has the liberty to install the operating system of his choice/preference, and he is inclined towards Microsoft Windows 7 due to prior and current experience with the said platform.

Unfortunately, ASUS India website's support link, Notebooks & Ultrabooks - X552EA - ASUS lists drivers for Microsoft Windows 8 and 8.1, but not for Microsoft Windows 7. Would the default/inbuilt drivers within Windows 7 suffice, or should he look at alternatives such as Sam Drivers?

ASUS site only has 64 bit drivers it seems. Anyways, I do feel they should work fine(the Windows 8 ones on Windows 7). Although I've heard a few people facing issues(not specific to the laptop you mentioned but in general I mean) most 3rd party drivers should work too.
@thetechfreak, are there any alternative sources to acquire the Windows 7 drivers for the aforementioned ASUS laptop? Are the Sam Drivers releases suggestible?
:unsure:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^ You should find most drivers through a Google search. GPU drivers will be available in the specific vendors site.
I haven't used Sam Drivers so can't comment about recommending or not.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
how good is HP laptop bought from Flipkart, are they good like heating, after sale service, compability with Linux like ubuntu, mint, windows 8.1, availability of drivers

There are few available on FK at good price,

will i get a cheap price at lamington road

nabarun_noob

Right off the assembly line
^ I'd recommend this laptop: Error 500 Server Error

Although it's 1.5k~ above budget, the Core i5 processor and even the discrete graphics will help you while using CAD, etc.

Thanks for replying :)And ya [MENTION=57860]thetechfreak[/MENTION] this laptop was on my wishlist too ! along with this - Error 500 Server Error .But unfortunately my local shops in kolkata are saying vostro and latitude models of DELL are currently not available in the market.And one guy in from DELL exclusive store also made an allegation that "DELL will not provide provide any service centre support for VOSTRO and LATITUDE models after 1 year.more specificaly,I cant even service that VOSTRO from any DELL service centre,I have to service it from nearby local service centers." Thats why I dropped these models from my wishlist.Is it true ?

Last edited:

RohitSasikumar60183

Need suggestions for laptop around 40k

1) What is your budget?
around 40k (can stretch max to 2k more)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
14". Portability is important

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Need this for wife, so basic stuff like browsing, watching movies, light games (prefer old games like CS and new ones like FIFA )

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Open to suggestions. Should not overheat.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, Lenovo
b. Dislike: HP

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution: HD would suffice
Battery back up: normal
Purchase place: ( Online (flipkart) or Abroad (US) )

I noted down a few laptops after reading comments on this forum.

Error 500 Server Error

Error 500 Server Error

Error 500 Server Error

Error 500 Server Error

Error 500 Server Error

Please advice on what would be the better option based on my preferences since all of them have mixed reviews

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hello all,

Looking for a laptop for home use for my relative. Budget Rs.25000. He is a student and main purpose is office work, movies/music, light gaming, net browsing. How's the one below? Any other alternatives?

Error 500 Server Error

I noticed that on the HP site there is a advisory that Amazon India, Snapdeal are not authorized resellers of HP laptops and if people buy from there they will get no warranty coverage from HP India. Does the same apply for Flipkart or are they authorized to sell by HP, Dell, etc? Will it be safe to buy online from Flipkart?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hello all,

Looking for a laptop for home use for my relative. Budget Rs.25000. He is a student and main purpose is office work, movies/music, light gaming, net browsing. How's the one below? Any other alternatives?

Error 500 Server Error

I noticed that on the HP site there is a advisory that Amazon India, Snapdeal are not authorized resellers of HP laptops and if people buy from there they will get no warranty coverage from HP India. Does the same apply for Flipkart or are they authorized to sell by HP, Dell, etc? Will it be safe to buy online from Flipkart?

Get Lenovo G50 with quad core amd A8.
Flipkart

Snapdeal

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Need suggestions for laptop around 40k

1) What is your budget?

Need this for wife, so basic stuff like browsing, watching movies, light games (prefer old games like CS and new ones like FIFA )

I noted down a few laptops after reading comments on this forum.

Error 500 Server Error

Error 500 Server Error

Error 500 Server Error

Error 500 Server Error

Error 500 Server Error

Please advice on what would be the better option based on my preferences since all of them have mixed reviews

get Dell Inspiron 5447

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Why are OEMs hesitating to include 3/4 USB 3.0 ports and use USB 2.0 ports even these days in low and mid range laptops?

And why the hell they pre-load the single language version of Windows 8.1 instead of the normal one (thats like Windows 7 Home Basic/Starter instead of Windows 7 Home Premium all over again :mad: )?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Why are OEMs hesitating to include 3/4 USB 3.0 ports and use USB 2.0 ports even these days in low and mid range laptops?

And why the hell they pre-load the single language version of Windows 8.1 instead of the normal one (thats like Windows 7 Home Basic/Starter instead of Windows 7 Home Premium all over again :mad: )?

Le profit.

RohitSasikumar60183

is Dell inspiron 5447 better that Lenovo Flex 2? Flex 2 lacks in HDD space and processor but it has better expandable memory, touch as well as hybrid drive.

RohitSasikumar60183

What are the requirements for your Laptop? Budget? Planning any gaming?

1) What is your budget?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
1) What is your budget?

Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (59-420313)
HD display with GT 840M

Lenovo Z50 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (59-429623)
FHD Display with GT 820M

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
1) What is your budget?

80k to 120k INR (the lower the better :p).

14” and above; preferably less than 6lb. (Will settle for heavier if it is worth it though).

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?*

Hardcore gaming (latest AAA titles), some game modding, 3D modeling, programming.

I7 (non-ulv) with a minimum of gtx 850m ddr5 (preferably Maxwell gtx 860m).

This will be my first laptop so can’t really say. Anything that has good build quality and will last me 3 years at least.

I have used a 768p screen so far. So anything same or above is good.
Battery backup normal would suffice i.e 3-4hrs
Will buy online or retail (hyderabad) but from India

I have been following the various threads about laptop buying posted on TDF and still haven’t been able
to decide. Though I have shortlisted the following with their pros and cons.

1) Lenovo y50 4gb 860m (77k inr)

Error 500 Server Error

Cheapest among my short listed items but with cheap components. I was primarily gearing to get this one. But the screen and WLAN card quality left me thinking and hence I decided to raise my budget. The only pro for this is an 860m at just 77k inr.

2) Asus g551jk 2gb 850m (80k inr)

Error 500 Server Error

Seems like a good choice with better screen and hardware but has only an 850m. Comes with a blu-ray drive.

3) MSI ge60 2pf 2gb 860m (102k inr)

Error 500 Server Error

Comparable to the y50 in all aspects except that it is 20k costlier. But it has a better screen, faster hard disk, better WLAN card, better speakers, better keyboard. This seems like a great buy to me as the extra 20k is compensated by quality components.

4) MSI gs60 2pc ghost 2gb 860m (118k inr)

Error 500 Server Error

I am currently drawn to this model just because of its awesome looks and sleek design. Is very portable and has capable hardware. Dual fan cooling keeps the temps really low compared to the above laptops and hence may increase the laptop life.

I am aware of the great customizable laptops available at xoticpc which are VFM compared to any laptops from India. But my friends living in the US are not coming to India anytime soon and I need this laptop end of December 2014, early January 2015. I also require warranty and local service considering that this will be my first laptop and I want to purchase something that won’t give up on me within 3 years. I also would like to avoid the hassle of importing.

Kindly don’t suggest desktops. I know a desktop is the best VFM but I am a working professional living away from my hometown. I require portability and hence I sadly have to settle for a laptop.

Please provide your suggestions. Thank you.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
1) What is your budget?

14” and above; preferably less than 6lb. (Will settle for heavier if it is worth it though).

Hardcore gaming (latest AAA titles), some game modding, 3D modeling, programming.

This will be my first laptop so can’t really say. Anything that has good build quality and will last me 3 years at least.

I have been following the various threads about laptop buying posted on TDF and still haven’t been able

Error 500 Server Error

Cheapest among my short listed items but with cheap components. I was primarily gearing to get this one. But the screen and WLAN card quality left me thinking and hence I decided to raise my budget. The only pro for this is an 860m at just 77k inr.

Error 500 Server Error

Seems like a good choice with better screen and hardware but has only an 850m. Comes with a blu-ray drive.

Error 500 Server Error

Comparable to the y50 in all aspects except that it is 20k costlier. But it has a better screen, faster hard disk, better WLAN card, better speakers, better keyboard. This seems like a great buy to me as the extra 20k is compensated by quality components.

Error 500 Server Error

I am currently drawn to this model just because of its awesome looks and sleek design. Is very portable and has capable hardware. Dual fan cooling keeps the temps really low compared to the above laptops and hence may increase the laptop life.

I am aware of the great customizable laptops available at xoticpc which are VFM compared to any laptops from India. But my friends living in the US are not coming to India anytime soon and I need this laptop end of December 2014, early January 2015. I also require warranty and local service considering that this will be my first laptop and I want to purchase something that won’t give up on me within 3 years. I also would like to avoid the hassle of importing.

Kindly don’t suggest desktops. I know a desktop is the best VFM but I am a working professional living away from my hometown. I require portability and hence I sadly have to settle for a laptop.

Have you considered Alienware?
Dell arguably has the best service in India and since you have a high budget etc,alienware makes sense
also it supports desktop class graphic cards thanks to alienware graphics amplifier
i believe MSI also has something similiar but MSI's variant is rather large(bigger than a printer) and clumsy to operate
I suggested the alienware because of ASS and style statement etc but even MSI is great especially the dual fan one
the only issue with gaming laptops is cooling so whichever one you buy pls check forums for temps etc
i myself am considering getting an alienware 13 soon for college because my current gaming laptops and desktop are too large to be carried to college everyday and my configs are over 2 years old now

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
1) What is your budget?

Error 500 Server Error

Error 500 Server Error

Error 500 Server Error

Error 500 Server Error

Go for Error 500 Server Error

Then you can upgrade yourself by adding another 8 GB RAM stick, one or two mSATA SSDs, IC Diamond if you want for better cooling and a Intel 7260 Wifi card.

Top Bottom