All laptop related queries here!!!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi guys,
I wish to purchase a high performance laptop. I'd really appreciate any help towards the same.
i dont know a lot about computers...processors...i just need a high performance gaming laptop
1. Budget: INR 45-55k
2. Size: Mainstream;
3. Tasks: Gaming; building resource intensive IT projects; cloud computing
4. Config:i have following things in my mind
Processor: i5 or i7 whichever is better for gaming
RAM: 4 to 8GB DDR3
GPU: 2GB. Preferably Nvidia, GDDR5
Screen: 15.6"; Preferably 1920x1080(Full HD). Touch not necessary.
Optical Drive: Not necessary
5. Brands: Dell, Lenovo, HP. Though I'm open to suggestions from other brands as well.
6. ASS/ warranty are imp. :wink:
Please help me . I am planning of buying this laptop In a month

You won't get any laptop with FHD display and GDDR5 GPU. if you can, then increase your budget and get lenovo y510

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
I request all the GURUs out there.......Please come to my rescue---
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/storage/182059-weird-situation-involving-ssd-hdd.html

skadi

New to this forum
Hi! A little help please about buying a laptop

1. Budget: ~800 USD
2. Size: Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
3. Tasks: Gaming from time to time, but other than that nothing special really. I'd like it to have a decent configuration for the next 4-5 years
4. Config: I'm not very knowledgeable about this, but what little I have in mind is 6-8 GB RAM, 2+ TB hard disk space, full HD, HD webcam
5. Brands: I have experience with ASUS and I am satisfied
6. Screen resolution - 1080 p full HD
Battery: extended would be nice, but I wouldn't mind normal either
Purchase: local

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
how about this :
Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 (59-398016) Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB 8GB SSD/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) Rs.58254 Price in India - Buy Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 (59-398016) Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB 8GB SSD/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) Dark Chocolate Online - Lenovo: Flipkart

pournami

New to this forum
hey, i am an architecture student.....i need a new laptop...my budget was 62k,can't go beyond...there are two main choices a dell 15r 3537 4TH GEN CI7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ WIN8/ 2GB GRAPH) and a lenovo z510 (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB 8GB SSD/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph)..i am really confused between the two :-?.........will using it for autocan,revit,photoshop,rhino,3Dmax.....and i would like it to last me atleast another 4years.....
plz help......

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
hey, i am an architecture student.....i need a new laptop...my budget was 62k,can't go beyond...there are two main choices a dell 15r 3537 4TH GEN CI7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ WIN8/ 2GB GRAPH) and a lenovo z510 (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB 8GB SSD/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph)..i am really confused between the two :-?.........will using it for autocan,revit,photoshop,rhino,3Dmax.....and i would like it to last me atleast another 4years.....
plz help......
well, the choice rests on you. the dell one will provide you with better graphics option with more powerful graphics card while the z510 has much better processor with more cores hence better multitasking and will provide better experience while using the softwares you just mentioned(photoshop, autocad etc.)
so, if you want slightly smoother gaming experience, go for 3537 else go for z510 if you want mutitasking etc.
i would have gone for z510 due to the fact that the ulv i7 on dell one might become bottleneck on many games.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
well, the choice rests on you. the dell one will provide you with better graphics option with more powerful graphics card while the z510 has much better processor with more cores hence better multitasking and will provide better experience while using the softwares you just mentioned(photoshop, autocad etc.)
so, if you want slightly smoother gaming experience, go for 3537 else go for z510 if you want mutitasking etc.
i would have gone for z510 due to the fact that the ulv i7 on dell one might become bottleneck on many games.

Dell Inspiron 15R with AMD 8850m costs at least 68-70k. That one must be the AMD 8750M one so essentially it's weaker than Z510 in every way.

sushovan

In the zone
Need to buy a laptop for a friend. He is going to use it for programming purposes, movies (so sound quality should be good with battery life) and casual gaming and he wants to use windows 7. Max budget 40K.

Is there any better alternative than Lenovo Essential G510 (59-382843) Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) Rs.40750 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Essential G510 (59-382843) Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) Black Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

geek_rocker

Broken In
Need to buy a laptop for a friend. He is going to use it for programming purposes, movies (so sound quality should be good with battery life) and casual gaming and he wants to use windows 7. Max budget 40K.

Is there any better alternative than Lenovo Essential G510 (59-382843) Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) Rs.40750 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Essential G510 (59-382843) Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) Black Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Dell Inspiron laptops : Inspiron 14 laptops with sleek and portable model
This is a pretty good alternative if you like Dell's superior aftersales service, the GPU is a little better and it is a Nvidia and Dell provides the Windows 7 drivers so there is no problem

Last edited:

MANRAN

New to this forum
I need to upgrade my laptop. Im looking for an ASrock gaming motherboard, 810MHz graphics card, 4GB RAM and a minimum 3GHz Processor all under 15K INR. I've searched alot but I dont know which one is for laptops.

hey guys, pls let me know about lenovo essential g510 59-398452.. tis isy first lappy.. my budget is around 40k.. I'll play games, surf the web, n.... i think mostly tats all.. pls tl me are there any other laps at d same price range which are better.. n also tl me about its performance if u hv used tis lap.. thanks in advance :)

- - - Updated - - -

Please help me choose between these two netbooks.
HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11-e006AU
Asus Vivobook: S200E-CT331H

My needs are modest: net surfing, office work, some streaming video, occasional HD video, no gaming.

Which one is likely to give me ( in order of preference) more reliability, good battery life, better display, performance, touch experience.

Thanks in advance.

as per ur needs the Asus one will suffice you.. and.. bit has a powerful processor when compared to hp.. and its clock speed is also more.. and also intel processors are generally preferable to amd (unless u need hardcore gaming (.. si you can choose asus itself.. its battery is also good enough for your budget

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I need to upgrade my laptop. Im looking for an ASrock gaming motherboard, 810MHz graphics card, 4GB RAM and a minimum 3GHz Processor all under 15K INR. I've searched alot but I dont know which one is for laptops.

One simply doesn't changes a laptop's motherboard, GPU and processor like that.

hitesh

In the zone
What's the price of Lenovo's extended warranty ?
Also can accidental warranty be extended ? If yes, what's the price ?

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
What's the price of Lenovo's extended warranty ?
Also can accidental warranty be extended ? If yes, what's the price ?
it's 3.5k for G and A series laptops and 4.5K for Z/Y/U series of laptops for 2 years. IdeaPad & ThinkPad Laptops - Services & Warranty | Lenovo India | The DO Store
P.S.: i believe there is a way for ADP extension too, you should contact customer care for more info ...

hitesh

In the zone
it's 3.5k for G and A series laptops and 4.5K for Z/Y/U series of laptops for 2 years. IdeaPad & ThinkPad Laptops - Services & Warranty | Lenovo India | The DO Store
P.S.: i believe there is a way for ADP extension too, you should contact customer care for more info ...

Thanks !

This is the only official place for extended warranty right ?

hitesh

In the zone
Is it true that only Exclusive lenovo stores offer Accidental warranty ?
Going to buy this Lenovo S510p (59-383326) Laptop (4th Gen Intel Core i5 4200U- 500GB HDD- 4GB RAM- 15.6 Inches- DOS- 2 GB Graphics) (Black) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com
and to know if there would be accidental warranty apart from 1 year standard waranty

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Is it true that only Exclusive lenovo stores offer Accidental warranty ?
Going to buy this Lenovo S510p (59-383326) Laptop (4th Gen Intel Core i5 4200U- 500GB HDD- 4GB RAM- 15.6 Inches- DOS- 2 GB Graphics) (Black) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com
and to know if there would be accidental warranty apart from 1 year standard waranty
Most probably yes... there is no reason not to provide ADP on this model... another variant of S510 which ha been mentioned on thedostore has ADP S510p - Ideapad - Laptops | Lenovo India | The DO Store... and much cheaper laptops are also being provided with ADP protection... so i see no reason not to provide accidental damage.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I have Samsung NP550 P5-s01. Currently it has 6GB of RAM, one 4GB and other is 2GB. I am in planning to upgrade to 8GB. But I was thinking, which brand i shall buy. I have checked RAM specs, its Max Bandwidth is PC3-12800(800Mhz) and Timings are 11-11-11-28. So my questions are:
1. Do both 4GB stick has to be of same brands?
2. Is my RAM of 800Mhz or 1600Mhz. Because on Samsung website it was mentioned as 1600Mhz but CPU-Z is showing as 800Mhz(PC3-12800(800Mhz)).
NP550P5C - TECH SPECS | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG
ram1.png

3. If its 800Mhz then shall I get 1600Mhz cause mostly I use my laptop for gaming( I mainly bought it gaming)?
4. If I only have to replace 2GB stick then what shall I do with it?
5. Shall I create separate thread for this? I can spend only once in this year on my laptop.

Attachments

• ram1.jpg
    ram1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
I have Samsung NP550 P5-s01. Currently it has 6GB of RAM, one 4GB and other is 2GB. I am in planning to upgrade to 8GB. But I was thinking, which brand i shall buy. I have checked RAM specs, its Max Bandwidth is PC3-12800(800Mhz) and Timings are 11-11-11-28. So my questions are:
1. Do both 4GB stick has to be of same brands?
2. Is my RAM of 800Mhz or 1600Mhz. Because on Samsung website it was mentioned as 1600Mhz but CPU-Z is showing as 800Mhz(PC3-12800(800Mhz)).
NP550P5C - TECH SPECS | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG
View attachment 14123

3. If its 800Mhz then shall I get 1600Mhz cause mostly I use my laptop for gaming( I mainly bought it gaming)?
4. If I only have to replace 2GB stick then what shall I do with it?
5. Shall I create separate thread for this? I can spend only once in this year on my laptop.
It's 1600 Mhz only. the data rates are doubled in DDR Rams, so it's shows as 800 instead of 1600 Mhz.
The Brands do not matter, AAMOF many times you won't find the brand which the manufactures has supplied for your Laptop. For a ram to work in dual channel mode, the frequency and timings should match, not their brands.
I believe you should look out for this one , G.Skill DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (F3-12800CL11S-4GBSQ) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com this should work in dual channel.

Top Bottom