All laptop related queries here!!!

TheSloth

The Slowest One
It's 1600 Mhz only. the data rates are doubled in DDR Rams, so it's shows as 800 instead of 1600 Mhz.
The Brands do not matter, AAMOF many times you won't find the brand which the manufactures has supplied for your Laptop. For a ram to work in dual channel mode, the frequency and timings should match, not their brands.
I believe you should look out for this one , G.Skill DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (F3-12800CL11S-4GBSQ) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com this should work in dual channel.

Thanks for suggestion. Ok How about this one? Corsair DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (CMSO4GX3M1A1600C11) - Corsair: Flipkart.com

TheSloth

The Slowest One
the timings are not same.. it might not work in dual channel, causing you lesser performance gain.

oh. I just saw two 11s and thought it have same timings. Thanks. So you sure thats the best for my system? I may buy locally. Which brand you think I should go for? I'll match the speed and timings of my RAM. Like I should not struggle for RMA. I am in chennai

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
oh. I just saw two 11s and thought it have same timings. Thanks. So you sure thats the best for my system? I may buy locally. Which brand you think I should go for? I'll match the speed and timings of my RAM. Like I should not struggle for RMA. I am in chennai
there are few good brands like corsair,transcend Kingston etc. They may give warranty for 5-10 years.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's quality is good but the after sales service is bad in here .. not good a for a manufacturer like Transcend.

sushovan

In the zone
is there any equivalent great VFM laptop under 30k like Fujitsu Lifebook AH532 which is oos now? my friend wants to buy one.

Nitish07

Broken In
Hey! I am planing to buy a new laptop before my college session begins in June. I am currently using Samsung NP550 series laptop and I love it but since it is a shared laptop and I would be shifting to hostel I have to buy a new one. My college provided some basic specifications such as

Win-7 Professional/Ultimate or Windows-8 Professional/Ultimate operating system (License mandatory); MS Office 2007/ 2010 (License mandatory); 3rd generation IntelR Core T i5-processor (3M cache, upto 2.6 GHz ) processor; 4 GB DDR3 1600MHz (4GBx1) memory; 500 GB 5400RPM hard drive with 32GB mSATA.

Can anyone please assist me as to which laptop I should buy. The budget for this laptop is 50K-60K and primary usage will normal as its B-school but I am also a gamer by night and thus need my laptop to perform if not better then atleast to the level of my Samsung NP550.

Thank You :)

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
This is Weird. When trying to install 1080p skin, it didnt fit my screen so i thought it was a bug with skin. And the same happened with another 1080p skin also.
According to my PC Settings my resolution is 1920 x 1080. But I checked with WHAT IS MY SCREEN RESOLUTION and screenresolution.org/ they both indicate that my resolution is 1536 x 864. which explains why those skins didnt fit my screen. Now this is not a hardware issue. Because the I remember using the same 1080p Skin when i newly bought this Lenovo y500.

Screenshot (35).jpg

PS: the captured Screenshot is 1920 x 1080. Also when playing 1080p videos it perfectly fits my screen.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hey! I am planing to buy a new laptop before my college session begins in June. I am currently using Samsung NP550 series laptop and I love it but since it is a shared laptop and I would be shifting to hostel I have to buy a new one. My college provided some basic specifications such as

Win-7 Professional/Ultimate or Windows-8 Professional/Ultimate operating system (License mandatory); MS Office 2007/ 2010 (License mandatory); 3rd generation IntelR Core T i5-processor (3M cache, upto 2.6 GHz ) processor; 4 GB DDR3 1600MHz (4GBx1) memory; 500 GB 5400RPM hard drive with 32GB mSATA.

Can anyone please assist me as to which laptop I should buy. The budget for this laptop is 50K-60K and primary usage will normal as its B-school but I am also a gamer by night and thus need my laptop to perform if not better then atleast to the level of my Samsung NP550.

Thank You :)

Lenovo y510p or wait for MSI to launch their laptop range :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is Weird. When trying to install 1080p skin, it didnt fit my screen so i thought it was a bug with skin. And the same happened with another 1080p skin also.
According to my PC Settings my resolution is 1920 x 1080. But I checked with WHAT IS MY SCREEN RESOLUTION and screenresolution.org/ they both indicate that my resolution is 1536 x 864. which explains why those skins didnt fit my screen. Now this is not a hardware issue. Because the I remember using the same 1080p Skin when i newly bought this Lenovo y500.

View attachment 14262

PS: the captured Screenshot is 1920 x 1080. Also when playing 1080p videos it perfectly fits my screen.

The screenshot if of 1366*768 res. Anyway, try running some games at 1080p res. - make sure you set the correct res. from game options and let it run at full screen mode. See what happens.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
The screenshot if of 1366*768 res. Anyway, try running some games at 1080p res. - make sure you set the correct res. from game options and let it run at full screen mode. See what happens.

Games played at FHD, 1080p Videos Fit Perfectly on Screen. The only Problem is desktop. 1080p wallpaper/Skin doesn't fit and those website also show wrong res.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay after Hours of Google Search found that I am not alone with this weird problem. Some of the other 1080p Laptop owners also faced the same wrong res problem. Even they had the same 1536 x 864 res wrongly. And the Solution is very Simple.
Screenshot ed(38).jpg

I dont know how this option relates to my issue, but it is fixed now. 1080p wallpaper fits perfectly and so are 1080p wallpapers and Those websites too show 1080p res.

matrixx

Journeyman
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) 40-50k(can streach little bit for exceptional choice)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? Thin and Light, 15" screen. Touch screen preferably

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? High end current & future Gaming. Multimedia-Video, Fast Browsing & Sound Quality Music.

4) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
not less than 4th gen, i-5/i-7, quad core, dedicated gpu, windows pre-installed. Min 1 TB memory

5) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Impressed:HP Envy series,Lenovo, Sony
b. Ok: Dell
c. Not desired: others

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Sound Quality best in class. Music streaming through Bluetooth to avoid wiring speakers.
Screen resolution: Best in class, Long Battery back up, Silent-Slim-no heating issue, should be latest 1 considering for teenagers kids for next 3 years at least. Bluetooth speakers & mouse in mind.

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
hi guys i wana buy a laptop with intel CPU just to play games like Sniper Elite 3, Mafia 2 like games. Maximum budget is 40K.

Please tell me whether Lenovo G510 can do the same or should i go with Lenovo Z580??

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) 40-50k(can streach little bit for exceptional choice)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? Thin and Light, 15" screen. Touch screen preferably

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? High end current & future Gaming. Multimedia-Video, Fast Browsing & Sound Quality Music.

not less than 4th gen, i-5/i-7, quad core, dedicated gpu, windows pre-installed. Min 1 TB memory

Sound Quality best in class. Music streaming through Bluetooth to avoid wiring speakers.
Screen resolution: Best in class, Long Battery back up, Silent-Slim-no heating issue, should be latest 1 considering for teenagers kids for next 3 years at least. Bluetooth speakers & mouse in mind.

You want everything best in class but your budget is not good enough.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Games played at FHD, 1080p Videos Fit Perfectly on Screen. The only Problem is desktop. 1080p wallpaper/Skin doesn't fit and those website also show wrong res.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay after Hours of Google Search found that I am not alone with this weird problem. Some of the other 1080p Laptop owners also faced the same wrong res problem. Even they had the same 1536 x 864 res wrongly. And the Solution is very Simple.
View attachment 14270

I dont know how this option relates to my issue, but it is fixed now. 1080p wallpaper fits perfectly and so are 1080p wallpapers and Those websites too show 1080p res.

Interesting solution .. TFS.

How about this :
*www.flipkart.com/dell-inspiron-14r...=b_4&ref=be970586-64e8-4a20-82e8-188dc62c7554

hi guys i wana buy a laptop with intel CPU just to play games like Sniper Elite 3, Mafia 2 like games. Maximum budget is 40K.

Please tell me whether Lenovo G510 can do the same or should i go with Lenovo Z580??

If you can stick with Z500.

matrixx

Journeyman
You want everything best in class but your budget is not good enough.
Ofcourse, I want everything best in class. How much budget I should streach. Give facts & figure here.

How about this :
*www.flipkart.com/dell-inspiron-14r...=b_4&ref=be970586-64e8-4a20-82e8-188dc62c7554
topgear, thanks. Its 14" though. Think to opt 15" but not sure should I go touch type or non-touch type. Its mainly for home use.
Edit:- HP Envy series is real steal, anything from it?
Notebook review says : "NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M: Mid-range graphics card of the GeForce GT 700M series. Based on the Kepler architecture and manufactured by TSMC in a 28nm process"

Last edited:
Top Bottom