All laptop related queries here!!!

Can any one suggest a laptop under 20k (not net book). I can stretch the budget +/- 2K max. I would be using windows XP 64Bit. It will be used for web browsing and MS office related jobs including power point and word. sometimes it may be used to view movies. I am living at kolkata. Thanks in advance.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Can any one suggest a laptop under 20k (not net book). I can stretch the budget +/- 2K max. I would be using windows XP 64Bit. It will be used for web browsing and MS office related jobs including power point and word. sometimes it may be used to view movies. I am living at kolkata. Thanks in advance.

Lenovo B490 - PDC 3rd gen + 2GB RAM + fingerprint reader (if that's of any use) @ 22-23k.

Build is pretty good and of matte finish.

rider

as Kratos
How much I have to wait for the next generation laptop. A successor of GT 750M GPU with Maxwell architecture?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
this should help you guess ;)
NVIDIA Maxwell details to be revealed at CES 2014? | VideoCardz.com

Toshiba Satellite C50-A P0011 Laptop (3rd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 500GB/ No OS) Rs.21420 Price in India - Buy Toshiba Satellite C50-A P0011 Laptop (3rd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 500GB/ No OS) Premium Glossy Black With Inlet Logo Online - Toshiba: Flipkart.com

Can anybody please comment on this laptop. Also would like to know which of the leading laptop brands have poor after sales technical support @ kolkata.

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
Guys i here a lot about Samsung shutting down their laptop business or something related to Laptops i don't know if its actually a particular series or complete business please shed some lights on the same. Also how is Samsung service with respect to Laptops.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
I'm planning for an compact 11.6-12inch portable book in 20k budget. It should have enough power to handle tasks like office, internet surfing & HD videos. Battery backup should be good. Linux friendly

How Capable is this foll. chip
3rd Gen Pentium DC 2117U

Planning for Asus Versatile Notebook Series Laptop
Asus Versatile Notebook Series Laptop Rs.0 Price in India - Buy Asus Versatile Notebook Series Laptop Black Online - Asus: Flipkart.com

Meghatorjanna

Right off the assembly line
I want a gaming laptop with 2.6-3gz i5,4-8gb ram,nvdia 2 gb graphics card and i want to use it for other general purpose...within 45000..help me..i hate hcl

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Couple of days back i checked, Flipkart was offering a Toshiba laptop with 740m gfx @ Rs 36K (now it says 'coming soon').
Is this correct or just a typing mistake for this specific model?

Toshiba Satellite S50-A I2010 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ No OS/ 1GB Graph) Rs. Price in India - Buy Toshiba Satellite S50-A I2010 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ No OS/ 1GB Graph) Brushed Metallic Ice Silver Online - Toshiba: Flipkart.com

Aakarshan

In the zone
Hi I want to buy a gaming laptop.I'm from India.

1. What is your budget?

45000/- Rs. INR

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

15.6 inches min.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

1366 x 768 min.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

No.

5. How much battery life do you need?

4-5 hours.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

I want to play latest games like BF3, COD- GHOSTS, GTA 4, Skyrim2 etc.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Internet Browsing, Watching HD Videos.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

750 GB min.,Req 1TB if Possible

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

4-5 Years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

I Don't know Best One.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

LIKE-----> DELL and HP
DISLIKE-----> ACER ASUS SAMSUNG LENEVO (Because of bad sale after service)

13. What country do you live in?

INDIA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I want a laptop to play games.I want to do gaming at med settings.Need to Play Latest fps titles.

Meghatorjanna

Right off the assembly line
I want a laptop with 2.6-3gz i5,6-8gb ram.. I want to buy a gaming laptop.I'm from India.

1. What is your budget?

around 50000/- Rs. INR

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

15.6 inches.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

1366 x 768

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

No.

5. How much battery life do you need?

4-5 hours.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

I want to play latest games like BF3, COD- GHOSTS, GTA 4, Skyrim2 etc. in low or mid setting.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Internet Browsing, Watching HD Videos.programing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

750 GB min.,Req 1TB if Possible

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

any.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

4-5 Years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

dvd writer.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

LIKE-----> DELL and HP
DISLIKE-----> ACER ASUS SAMSUNG LENEVO (Because of bad sale after service)

13. What country do you live in?

INDIA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I want a laptop to play games.I want to do gaming at med settings.Need to Play Latest fps titles.[/QUOTE]

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I need a laptop for study purpose maximum budget is Rs. 30,000/- Win8 & Intel.

Ditch the OS and get the best possible config.
Studies are anyway intended on Linux :p.

I'd say Lenovo B490. @ ~26k. i3 third gen/500gb hdd/2gb ram/fingerprint reader. The build quality is good.

Prefer 14" as the purpose is study and therefore will help immensely as far as portability is concerned.

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey guys, these are my temps after playing Fallout 3 for a few hours, are they ok?

*i.imgur.com/bDPPSt6.gif

*i.imgur.com/Y8NtPTS.jpg

I'm worried about the hdd temps :(

Top Bottom