All laptop related queries here!!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
fine .. one last query..

Is intel's onboard gfx better than ati HD5470 ? because there are many other models at more or less same price but with intel's graphics solution .

while hd5470 gives 40-50 fps in crysis warhead at low setings, intel onboard gpu gives less than 10 fps or may not even start the game. Intel is nowhere near to AMD in producing graphics chips.

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
I just buy a Acer Aspire 5745g with i5,3 GB ram and Nvidia Geforce 420M Gfx.
Iwant to know can i play game like crysis warhead,COD Black ops on it.

giprabu

In the zone
while hd5470 gives 40-50 fps in crysis warhead at low setings, intel onboard gpu gives less than 10 fps or may not even start the game. Intel is nowhere near to AMD in producing graphics chips.

Happy :razz:

@desibond..: confusion again..

Found a new inspiron model today in dell's site.(I'm damn sure, it was not there yesterday)

Dell™ Inspiron M501R (Evalue code-T541110IN8) : 34k

AMD Phenom™ II Triple-Core Mobile Processor N850 (2.2GHz, 1.5M, 3.6GT/s)
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 550v 1GB
3 GB DDR3 RAM
Rest of the things are same with no OS..

Pls compare ..

i3 vs triple core
&
(i3+hd5470 512 mb) vs (triple core+550v 1GB).

Last edited:

Sam_7

Right off the assembly line
Dear members I invite your valuable suggestions on choosing a laptop for me.

Budget : 40,000/-
Size : 15 inch
Purpose : For web browsing,listening music,watching movies,etc.I dont play games.
Working hrs:Normally use laptop for 8-10 hrs a day

Expectation:
Long battery life
Low noise,
Low to negligible heating up
Spacious Keyboard
Fast and Reliable.

I request you members to suggest me good brands and various series based on above specification.Thanks in Advance.

NITIN BHUWANIA

Broken In
Want a good laptop within 70k range with following configurations...
Core i5 560m,core i5 540m,core i7 720 qm,core i7 740 qm processor
6 gb ddr3 ram
windows 7 ultimate or free dos
500 gb or more hdd
blu ray drive
a good gpu that can run the latest games at full resolution.

Can anyone suggest me a laptop of this config??i can negotiate the ram and os...but i want rest of the things....
Which is better hp or dell??

Kishal

Aadivasi Hungryyy!!!
hi . my budget is 65k. i chose hp dv6 3050tx, dell xps 15 and lenovo y560. which 1 sud i buy?

NITIN BHUWANIA

Broken In
CAN ANYONE SUGGETS ME WHICH IS THE BEST LAPTOP AMONG THESE :-

1.SONY VPCS137GG
2.SONY VPCEA36FG
3.SONY VPCEC35FG
4.HP PAVILION DV6-3050TX

I WANTED TO HAVE A LAPTOP WITH GOOD CONFIG SO THAT I CAN PLAY GAMES ALSO ON MY LAPPY.MY BUDGET IS 70K MAX.
MY WISH CONFIG IS:-
INTEL CORE I5 OR I7
4 GB DDR3 RAM(MIN.)
500 GB 7200 RPM HDD(MIN.)
GOOD GRAPHICS CARD THAT CAN PLAY THE CURRENT GAMES LIKE MAFIA WARS 2,NFS HOT PURSUIT ETC AT FULL RESOLUTION OR ATLEAST AT MIDDLE RESOLUTION.

PLEASE RECOMMEND ME SOME OTHER MODELS ALSO FROM HP,SONY AND DELL ONLY.
thanks in advance..waiting for your replies..

Kishal

Aadivasi Hungryyy!!!
from the laptops you have given, i would recommend the hp because its got i7 720qm processor. Moreover none of the sony's have a 7200 rpm drive as you want. If you want to go sony, the vpcec35 fg wins on screen size, though it is not a full hd screen. it runs at 1600 by 900 onlu.

read the post above yours and choose other models as well. the xps 15 is a good choice with a 2gb gt435m GPU and blu ray .presence usb 3.0 is a big plus. you can also see if any of hp's envy series fits your budget. the envy 17 is above yours, but the envy 14 can be a choice.

the lenovo y560 contains an i7 and hd 5730 at just 60k, which is much less, considering the fact that it has very good performance as well.

NITIN BHUWANIA

Broken In
Can someone recommend me a laptop within 70k range??did post a thread but didnt get satisfactory answers..
click here to get to the thread...

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
budget 45k, please suggest some laptops for a friend. Preferably Dell. he will be buying it from India only. He primarily wants a Graphics Card and core i5 with a 500GB HDD.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Inspiron 15R Laptop Details | Dell India

This laptop meets all of your requirements.

PS - There is a another laptop from lenovo (y560) which has better graphics card but slightly less powerful CPU (core i3 370).

killerp

Want a good laptop ?
We've got a lot of options when it comes to laptops . . .
The good stuff lies beyond 35k . . . . .
For 55k , you can get the Dell XPS . .
For 95k , you can get the Apple MacBook Pro
For a whopping 3.5 lacs , you can get a Dell Alienware M17X . . .
crazy aint it ?

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!
Want a good laptop ?
We've got a lot of options when it comes to laptops . . .
The good stuff lies beyond 35k . . . . .
For 55k , you can get the Dell XPS . .
For 95k , you can get the Apple MacBook Pro
For a whopping 3.5 lacs , you can get a Dell Alienware M17X . . .
crazy aint it ?

and the good stuff gets replaced by another better stuff after a few months, then your good stuff becomes extinct. Circle of Life:p

killerp

@ modder
we can always resort to the good old desktops . .
can outpower laptops in some cases . . .
you can get 10x better configuration than alienware on an assembled desktop . . . at half the price or less . . .

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ but then we have to compromise with term PORTABILITY, and thats one of the main advantage of laptops over PCs :)

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!
@ modder
we can always resort to the good old desktops . .
can outpower laptops in some cases . . .

What NainO said, we lose our main concern here, 'Portability'... :)

you can get 10x better configuration than alienware on an assembled desktop . . . at half the price or less . . .

If brands like DevilTech/Sager/Malibal & OEM like Clevo, were in India, we could have got 100x better configuration than Alienware at half its price or less... even a shot at making our own custom notebooks... :) But sadly we've to compromise for now!

Top Bottom