All laptop related queries here!!!

varunparakh

Gamer in me
I live in a PG...what advantage can i get with 4 gigs of ram on 32 bit...3 is enough..bt dell ship der lappy with 4gigs...should i upgrade mine to 64-bit...but games??will any of those run on 64-bit..i suppose no..
nyway..i spoke to a dell xecutive he said the lappy would cost Rs.54,102...including shipping and taxes!!
Dats kewl..i will also be getting a Bluetooth mouse with it!!!
So i am pretty much inclined towards the dell one now..Will be getting one after my exams,that is by the end of next month..Jus cant wait!!
Thanks evryone..if u see anyone by the time..please let me know.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
I live in a PG...what advantage can i get with 4 gigs of ram on 32 bit...3 is enough..bt dell ship der lappy with 4gigs...should i upgrade mine to 64-bit...but games??will any of those run on 64-bit..i suppose no..
nyway..i spoke to a dell xecutive he said the lappy would cost Rs.54,102...including shipping and taxes!!
So i am pretty much inclined towards the dell one now..Will be getting one after my exams,that is by the end of next month..Jus cant wait!!

Good dont even think abt of playing CRYSIS !!

Studio 15 GPU is 4570 lower than 9600MGT !!

double check with sales guy, generally they dont send the bluetooth mouse and when asked they would give some lame excuses.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
finally got my dell studio 1555 ....a few questions....is it better for the battery if I keep the lap plugged in at all times? I am using it as a desktop replacement so AC power is available......

2) I connected it to another dell studio 1555 via wifi ..the laptop shows the other laptop but when I double click on it .it asks me to check the spelling of the name of the other laptop ....I even tried using the ip address ....the firewall is off ...

techno0065

Broken In
i am getting dell studio 1555 wid da following config-
p8600 processor 2.4 ghz
4 gd ddr2 ram
512 ati 4570 gr320 gb 7200 rpm hard disk
topo black colour
backlit keyboard and creative soundcard
windows vista 64 bit
total price comes out to be rs57435
i am gettin a bluetooth mouse free
is dis a good config????
any issues wid dis laptop???WILL IT BE ABLE TO RUN DA LATEST GAMES EVEN AT LOW SETTINGS???
kindly advise...

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
i am getting dell studio 1555 wid da following config-
p8600 processor 2.4 ghz
4 gd ddr2 ram
topo black colour
windows vista 64 bit
total price comes out to be rs57435
i am gettin a bluetooth mouse free
is dis a good config????
any issues wid dis laptop???WILL IT BE ABLE TO RUN DA LATEST GAMES EVEN AT LOW SETTINGS???
kindly advise...

u have to understand one thing about the laptop especially the laptop under 60K r not much capable of playing all the games
with HD 4570 u can some games @ medium level , but not the crysis ,farcry2 @ medium .. horrible grafix

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I got the same ....the lap is great .....you'll be able to run crysis and all at medium settings, bioshock at almost full and quite a lot more at near the top levels ....My only advise is to check the soundcard thing...its creative's sound enhancement software ..not a sound card ...by the way the one that is default is pretty good.

guys ..help me connect to another studio 15 in vista...

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
I got the same ....the lap is great .....you'll be able to run crysis and all at medium settings, bioshock at almost full and quite a lot more at near the top levels ....My only advise is to check the soundcard thing...its creative's sound enhancement software ..not a sound card ...by the way the one that is default is pretty good.

guys ..help me connect to another studio 15 in vista...

@ what resolution u run crysis ??

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Guys, I need a laptop. No, not a netbook.

Purpose: Should run Linux (Ubuntu) flawlessly. Field computer. Should be comfortable to work with. Should have a DVD drive.

Price: 20k to 30k. Basically this isnt about speed or hardware or anything. Any budget full size notebook with RAM upgradeable to 4GB (if possible).

Do I have choices?

techno0065

Broken In
hi rage
since u hve bougt dis lappy can u tell me sumthing more abt dis...lik i hve heard dat deres some colour problem in da screen??? n also does it heat up too much??? ...plz share ur experience wid dis lappy so far...

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Guys, I need a laptop. No, not a netbook.

Purpose: Should run Linux (Ubuntu) flawlessly. Field computer. Should be comfortable to work with. Should have a DVD drive.

Price: 20k to 30k. Basically this isnt about speed or hardware or anything. Any budget full size notebook with RAM upgradeable to 4GB (if possible).

Do I have choices?

dell vostro 1310 series are good & also the acer Extensa series goes good for the LINUX

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@damngoodman999
It was kinda hard to look up Dell Vostro 1310. A product link? I think these models are expensive? Cuz the ones I got were 1,000$+.

Also which Acer Extensa model is within the range?

@azaad_shri75
I think Acers are less dependable than Dells?
----

I just need an inexpensive notebook that runs Linux well. Any hardware prerequisites can be neglected.

techno0065

Broken In
hey can neone tell me sumthing more abt dis studio 1555...lik i hve heard dat deres some colour problem in da screen??? n also does it heat up too much??? ...plz share ur experience wid dis lappy so far...neone???

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
@damngoodman999
It was kinda hard to look up Dell Vostro 1310. A product link? I think these models are expensive? Cuz the ones I got were 1,000$+.

Also which Acer Extensa model is within the range?

@azaad_shri75
I think Acers are less dependable than Dells?
----

I just need an inexpensive notebook that runs Linux well. Any hardware prerequisites can be neglected.

Acer Extensa which comes which core2duo 2GB RAM 160GB HDD costs u 29500/- , i dono exact model no i let u know by today !

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
about the dell studio 1555 ...nope the screen is great ...no colour problems yet, altough the factory settings for the contrast and gamma and all could have been better ....am looking for some software to set these optimally, will let you know more on this soon...

As far as heating is concerned ..no it does not heat up too much as long as the vents are not obstructed so no lying on the bed and using the lappy...Long hours of gaming and all will heat the lap to some extent but then also the palm rests and all do not heat up too much ....also I have a 9 cell battery so it gives a nice front tilt to the laptop creating even more space for air circulation ....

the lap is pretty good ..looks ...keyboard ...features and all....vista is a pain but then dell have now oficially released windows XP dirvers for this model so will move to XP soon....

You can check out other reviews in the reviews section of this forum ....will post a longer review there soon....

techno0065

Broken In
hey thanks rage
i hve just ordered da da dell studio 1555 wid da following config
p8600 processor 2.4 ghz
4 gd ddr2 ram
topo black colour
windows vista 64 bit
total price comes out to be rs57398
m gettin a bluetooth mouse free and a bag worth 840
will be gettin dis widin a week...hope derse no prob wid da screen in mine tooo!!!

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
hey can neone tell me sumthing more abt dis studio 1555...lik i hve heard dat deres some colour problem in da screen??? n also does it heat up too much??? ...plz share ur experience wid dis lappy so far...neone???

I am using the product since the past two weeks. No such screen problems, at least for me. Heard that they are replacing the faulty screens with newly calibrated screens.

The laptop doesn't heat up much. I spend hours playing GTA IV and obtained 43~48 FPS with the latest ATI catalyst 9.5 drivers (modded to work with Dell s1555, by myself ;)) Even after playing for hours, the product does not get heated up. I am not using any form of notebook coolers..

Top Bottom