All laptop related queries here!!!

ayanavish

Right off the assembly line
Guys ...Need some urgent info regarding a laptop.

Lenovo 3000 G430 415333Q: this piece of lappy has good futures like dual core 2.00 GHz @ FSB 800 in New Montevina Platform, 1GB RAM@667, nVidia 9300M 256 and can be available in a price of 28500+4% VAT. so its a value for money. but need some info as i have found some mismatch details about it.

1. does in has 256 or 128 MB nVidia, i have spooked to dealer and they said its 256 as well as website also. Chip forum says its 128 and few says 256.
2. Can i upgrade the ram means additional slot available or not, if yes upto how much.

this piece lacking of attached bluetooth and camera, but both can be arranged within 1000 bucks.

if all going well, i will take it on 5th March.

1. 128 MB Nvidia...chcked in Computr Warehouse
2. Upto 4 GB (2 GB each)
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
my father is going to buy a laptop. the company is hcl (can't change it). suggest the best hcl laptop out in the market. i visited hcl website *www.hclleaptops.in/ and the price of the maximum laptop was Rs57000. i was hoping to find a good gaming laptop but the top hcl laptop (HCL Leaptop Z-3919 ) has only "Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 4500M-HD - Inbuilt in GM45 chipset" which won't play any of the new games even in low graphics. but other company laptops at the same price have good gaming capacity. but my father wants only hcl( as his friend works for hcl). so which is the best hcl gaming laptop? please suggest fast. thanks. sorry i didn't see this thread so i started a new topic.

Check in Chroma
2 models have nVidia graphics with upto 256/512 mb of dedicated graphics
Price below 40k

Last edited:

chirag_leo

I am looking for a laptop for MBA purposes and den later for job purposes. Looking for good portability(light weight) and for watching movies..
ppl have suggested me to go for 14 inch laptop..so the options r very limited for me,i guess..
one is Dell studio 14(nt many ppl buying it apparently)
second is Hp pavilion Dv4-1240tx/Dv4-1242tx .

I actually liked Dell studio 15 bt i feel its more of a desktop replacment...
plz help me with the above two models...also, plz suggest if thr is ay other laptop which can fit the bill(my price range is : 40000 to 60000/- ).

Thanks in advance..

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
My sister is about to buy a Lenovo S10, the guy is selling it for 22K and also offering an external laptop DVD drive(laptop's optical drive in a casing) for 3K, is it a good deal? I mean how much wud this drive cost out there in places like Nehru Place etc ? 8)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^dude. seriously, 25k for a netbook+external dvd drive???

And that too second hand??

For another 1k you get Acer 4530
Posted again:
I would rather get a 12" ultraportable instead of a worth-for-nothing netbook :)

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If you really like netbooks, here is what you get for 16.5k:

Asus EEE PC
Model No : PC 904H-XP-80G
Specifications
LCD : 8.9" 1024x600 (WSVGA)
CPU : Intel Mobile
Memory : 1 GB DDR II
HDD : 80 GB
Audio : Hi-Definition Audio CODEC
Camera : 0.3 M Pixel
WL : 802.11/b/g
USB : 3
Card Reader : MMC /SD
Battery : 6 Cell (7 Hr)

Sony/samsung dvd burner: 1.1k
3.5" external case: 500 bucks

Total: 18k-19k

Add another 4k-5k and you will get EEE PC with 10" display.
Posted again:
Samsung netbook for some 24k

Part No : NP-NC10-KA01N
CPU : Atom N270,1.6Ghz
Indent : Sapphire Blue
LCD : 10.2"WSVGA LED Backlit
Memory : 1GB, DDR2 667Mhz
HDD : 160GB
Posted again:
Samsung netbook for some 24k

Part No : NP-NC10-KA01N
CPU : Atom N270,1.6Ghz
Indent : Sapphire Blue
LCD : 10.2"WSVGA LED Backlit
Memory : 1GB, DDR2 667Mhz
HDD : 160GB

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
is there any budget constraint??

HP has released a new ultra portable 12" laptop (HP DV12) with AMD's new neo platform (1.6GHz Athlon processor + ATI graphics) and it's lot lot faster than any netbook available in the market now.

technocrack

Friends,

I got a problem with my Sony Vaio (VGN-NR430E). It is not switching on at all. When given to Sony service centre, they said motherboard is gone and need to be replaced. The estimate given is Rs.21,000. Though the laptop is only 9 months old, it doesn't have warranty as it was bought in US :x

What shall I do? :sad:

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hello Guys!

I want to buy a laptop.My Budget is 50K and the requirements are :-

17" screen
Good speakers
Long battery life
reliable service after sale (it is must)

Basically I need it for surfing internet,watching movies,Games (average ones).
I want to buy of DELL and I like 'Studio 17' series.

But some of my friends advice me to go for HP as there r only limited service centers (here in Chandhigarh in Punjab) of Dell.I have heard that it's drivers n softwares are hardly founded and is costly than HP laptops.
Please advice me which one to choose - HP or DELL?
And if Dell,than what r the advantages of it than HP
Please reply to my questions.
Thanks a lot :)

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Who says u can't get the service for Dell. Dell has the best service and after sales support in all of the MNC laptop companies. U don't have to exactly go to the service center like in the case of HP/Compaq, just ship the product and u r all done. As for comparing between the 2, Dell beats HP hands down. Dell maybe expensive a tad bit but that's what u r paying for the quality of the product and quality of the service. HP/Compaq devices have run into battery trouble lately and won't suggest it to anybody. As for support to, in Chandigarh, I've been to their center and it is operated by a complete bunch of mad@ss n00bs.
My friend's laptop, a HP-DV-4 series had its battery conked out and when we went for replacement, we explained the whole case but still they adamantly replied,"Sir, Iske barey main company ka engineer hi dekh k bateyega, hum aise battery replace nahin karke de sakte" :x After 15 days we got the laptop back but not with a new battery but a refurbished one. :x
I purchased 2 laptops last week only and none of them is HP/Compaq. I bought a Lenovo S10 for my sister and a Dell Studio 15 for myself. :cool:

reddick

Mobile Freak
So is it wise to buy 'Studio 17' series, as it fits my requirements
Only customised options I want to do is buying :

9-cell Battery
1 GB RAM more
and a stylish Bag for laptop

I have to pay extra for these upgrades.
I plan to buy in mid of the may (may b the price will slashed down)

So is this is d right laptop for me or other options...

Thanks again for reply.

Last edited:

harmik

Journeyman
I needed some advice for a laptop.
Intended usage:
Some student work, presentations etc, Movies,little Gaming and internet.
Budget: about 50K.

I am looking for a config and have the foll specs in mind:
Processor: dualcore 2GHz+, 2+MB L2Cache
RAM: 2+GB 800+MHz DDR2 (or DDR3 even :D )
Screen Size: 15-16 inches.
Resolution: would prefer 1440x900 or higher (or 1366x768)
Gfx: good enough for little gaming.
OS: would really prefer sys to be w/o an OS (but most of the systems nowadays have Vista).

Till now, Dell Studio 15 seems the best bet.
with Core2Duo P8600, 3GB DDR2, 15.6", 320GB 7200rpm, 512MB Radeon HD4570 price comes to around 53K.
is it possible somehow to get this sys w/o Vista nd shave off a few bucks?
Is there a huge performance diff b/w 256 MB & 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570 ???

Please advise if u knw any other better config, than the one stated....
Thanks...

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Check out the other threads on this forum for laptops in this range.....will give you a fair idea of what all is available for this price range.....as far as I believe this is the best config ...however you are stuck with vista

harmik

Journeyman
Check out the other threads on this forum for laptops in this range.....will give you a fair idea of what all is available for this price range.....as far as I believe this is the best config ...however you are stuck with vista

Hmm... I had already checked out existing threads on the forum. However, most of them are pretty old and most of those models are now phased out.
So any new suggestions are welcome...
thnx

Top Bottom