All laptop related queries here!!!

c2tarun

N3CrO..NiNj@**
i own DELL STUDIO1535
i got windows vista installed in it
i want to remove this and install WIN XP and LINUX
can anyone tell me that from where i can get the drivers for my laptop.
for both operating systems

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@mayhem

HP 1104AX (AMD processor with 512MB graphics card) or HP 1104TU (with C2D and no graphics card)

Both are below 50k and come with 3GB ram, 320GB HDD, DVD writer

Samyajit

Right off the assembly line
I require a tough laptop with loads of RAM-3~4GB for processor intensive applications. For applications which proc is the best AMD or Intel's? Budget:<=35000INR. Pls post the config if possible. The laptop should be on the cooler side.
Thanks in advance.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Is the graphics ram in the dell studio 15 ddr2 or ddr3 ....and is changing from 256 to 512 going to improve performance significantly? The laptop has a ATI 4570 graphics card..

prashantmaxsteel

I ain't Parochial !
Hullo, everybody,
My friend want to buy a laptop with a budget of Rs48,000
His uses are minimal but want to buy the best 48k has to offer.
He aims to replace his desktop with a laptop but must be portable enough and must be high on connectivity.

Can you suggest me some models that are the best within the range.

I checked sony models, but with this budget the available models are lack lustre.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
dell studio 15 (48K) the Zenith director plus ultra too (44K)....there are lots of discussions going on about it on other threads....check it out

pagol123

Say Hello to ur new frnd
HI I AM HAVING AN "ACER EXTENSA 4630" LAPTOP.

can any one tell me do i add graphic card in it. that means is it have a graphic card slot????:cry:

choudang

Padawan
Guys ...Need some urgent info regarding a laptop.

Lenovo 3000 G430 415333Q: this piece of lappy has good futures like dual core 2.00 GHz @ FSB 800 in New Montevina Platform, 1GB RAM@667, nVidia 9300M 256 and can be available in a price of 28500+4% VAT. so its a value for money. but need some info as i have found some mismatch details about it.

1. does in has 256 or 128 MB nVidia, i have spooked to dealer and they said its 256 as well as website also. Chip forum says its 128 and few says 256.
2. Can i upgrade the ram means additional slot available or not, if yes upto how much.

this piece lacking of attached bluetooth and camera, but both can be arranged within 1000 bucks.

if all going well, i will take it on 5th March.

kiah

Right off the assembly line
Hi. I want to buy a new laptop. The Dell Studio 15 caught my eye.
I am going to customize it - 512 mb GP (ATI Radeon mobility HD4570), 64-bit Vista Premium (just coz it costs 100 more)

Now my question is whether to update the processor or not ?

its default is Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz - there's the option of making it 2.66 GHz at the cost of 9k. My only reason for considering it is whether the 2.4 processor can reaaaally max out the 512 mb gfx card

Excluding the processor customization the net cost is 52k

I am open to suggestions - please let me know if there are better config available at this price

I've seen some hp models offering nearly the same at cheaper prices but with AMD processors (Turion 64 X2).I am not quite confident about them

any help will be welcome

zero77cool

Broken In
I was looking for a laptop to buy.
My budget is upto 75,000.

These are my main requirements

==================================================================================================
Processor: Intel 2.2 GHz onwards (If same speed, priority to TXXXX over PXXXX coz of 6 MB lvl. 2 cche)
RAM : 4GB DDR3
Hard Drive: 320 GB or more but must be 7200 RPM
Graphics Card: 512 MB. Willing to switch to 256 if not available.
Screen Size: Doesnt matter as long as its above 14".
Optical Drive: DVD multi. Not very keen on Blu-Ray.
Connectivity: WLAN, Bluetooth essential
==================================================================================================

P.S. Looks dont matter. Performance is priority.

I'v narrowed my search to a customized DELL Studio XPS 16. It shows Rs. 72000, but taxes are extra and wont be shown till I add to cart. Has anyone bought from the dell site? How much would the taxes come upto and is it reliable?

Dell is not my only choice, please give do me your opinions. Brands dont matter, as long as it has a year or more warranty in India with service centres.

Oh, and is there an Alienware outlet anywhere in the country? Just curious :)

my father is going to buy a laptop. the company is hcl (can't change it). suggest the best hcl laptop out in the market. i visited hcl website *www.hclleaptops.in/ and the price of the maximum laptop was Rs57000. i was hoping to find a good gaming laptop but the top hcl laptop (HCL Leaptop Z-3919 ) has only "Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 4500M-HD - Inbuilt in GM45 chipset" which won't play any of the new games even in low graphics. but other company laptops at the same price have good gaming capacity. but my father wants only hcl( as his friend works for hcl). so which is the best hcl gaming laptop? please suggest fast. thanks. sorry i didn't see this thread so i started a new topic.

techno0065

Broken In
plz suggest a good laptop...my budget is around 70000 ..i want a screen 15 inch or higher wid good graphics for gaming n gud build quality as i will not change my lappy soon...is it worth spending extra on thhe studio xps from dell or should i go for the studio 15 by having a 512 mb graphic card wich makes it rather similar in configuration to the xps model???

plz suggest a good laptop...my budget is around 70000 ..i want a screen 15 inch or higher wid good graphics for gaming n gud build quality as i will not change my lappy soon...is it worth spending extra on thhe studio xps from dell or should i go for the studio 15 by having a 512 mb graphic card wich makes it rather similar in configuration to the xps model???
look for studio 16.

Top Bottom