All laptop related queries here!!!

nikhildhanda

Right off the assembly line
Dell XPS M1330 ORDERED BABYYYYY :)

Hey guys,

jus ordered my new lappy, its a Dell XPS M1330...

the specs are as follows :

Intel C2D 9300 ie 2.5 ghz :D

Win Vista home (didn have a choice else would hav not ordered dis)

Midnight Blue Slim & Light WLED Display (imp part is da white led display unit)

2gb dual channel ddr2 (will buy another 2gb from outside whch turns out cheaper)

160 gb 7200 RPM

internal 8x dvd dual layer recorder

Nvidia 8400M GS 128mb gddr3

Intel 4965AGN nw card

Dell Bluetooth

etc etc etc

This unit cost me Rs 55k..

Man now im jus waitin ....nd waitin.....expected date of arrival is in a weeks tym :)

man its a torture to wait 4 ur comp isn it?!

gopz

In the zone
Re: Dell XPS M1330 ORDERED BABYYYYY :)

Hey guys,

jus ordered my new lappy, its a Dell XPS M1330...

the specs are as follows :

Intel C2D 9300 ie 2.5 ghz :D

Win Vista home (didn have a choice else would hav not ordered dis)

Midnight Blue Slim & Light WLED Display (imp part is da white led display unit)

2gb dual channel ddr2 (will buy another 2gb from outside whch turns out cheaper)

160 gb 7200 RPM

internal 8x dvd dual layer recorder

Nvidia 8400M GS 128mb gddr3

Intel 4965AGN nw card

Dell Bluetooth

etc etc etc

This unit cost me Rs 55k..

Man now im jus waitin ....nd waitin.....expected date of arrival is in a weeks tym :)

man its a torture to wait 4 ur comp isn it?!

Its an awesome machine, check my thread too...I guess you bought it through EPP, someone told me that EPP has been stopped two days ago, is that true?

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Tablet PC with Touchscreen... Which one?

I first thought of HCL Mileap MV02 earlier as it was sexy, small, n cheap. but I could not expect much productivity out of it...

So now I am thinking to go for Hp TX1301AU. yeah that 12.1 inch from HP which is a tablet with biometrics and AMD platform... My max budget is around the price of the Tx1301AU... 50000+ (max to 60 k)...
THough I have narrowed down on one model, if there are decent offerings form other manufacturers, I might go for it..

My prime requirements are...

Decent Proccy ...( For office work, Internet, Music & Movies)
2 GB RAM
Decent Graphics ...(for Aero support and odd gaming sessions comprising 2-3 yr old games)
80 GB HDD ...(160 gb would be sweet spot)

Expresscard slot (for quick upgrades like wireless N card :) )

Bluetooth + Wifi ...(Infrared if available)
Webcam + Mic

Any kind of Biometrics would be a Plus...
And good warranty... ;)

Can you guys provide me a link for the products as well....

I couldn't locate HP Tx1301 In HP India's website... they are so poorly designed. :mad:

Anyways thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Re: Tablet PC with Touchscreen... Which one?

This one looks nice bt using its TS is a pain. It has an asshat touchsreen which would not respond until you actually punch in the damn thing!

IronManForever

Anybody who would like to answer my question?

Offtopic: This is what I HATE when threads are merged into a sticky..... now one would give a daMn to answer the questions..... Separate thread though may increase clutter will lead to quicker replies..

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Mods- Just one suggestion - can we have a separate section on laptops like we have for QnA , Gamerz etc :)

totally agree

Hi
I would like to know whether AMD turion x2 has any heating issue???
Thanks in advance.

no they dont have any heating issues

@ironmanforever
Hp TX1301AU .. the specs are gr8... i think u should go for it
& abt touvhscreen experience.. i dont have any so.. u better find some reviews..

Last edited:

IronManForever

Mods- Just one suggestion - can we have a separate section on laptops like we have for QnA , Gamerz etc :)

+1 Thats what even I would like. But it won't be allowed as they may feel it will increase the clutter. But i personally dont like the same thread for mobile phones and laptops. Just a view. :)

@ssk_the_gr8

thanks.. But I'd like someone to comment ontouchscreen as well. Thats what I wanna buy it for.

piyush_begi

Right off the assembly line
which laptop is best?

hi guys!
i want to buy a laptop, my budget is 20000-30000, tell me which configuration is best for me.
thanks

gopz

In the zone
Re: which laptop is best?

hi guys!
i want to buy a laptop, my budget is 20000-30000, tell me which configuration is best for me.
thanks

If you dont have any preference towards Brand names...then I suggest Acer 4520, nothin can beat it at 26k!!!

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Hi,

I'm planning to purchase a new notebook very soon. After a bit of research, I've decided to go for either a Vaio CR series notebook or a Dell Inspiron series. I plan to use Ubuntu on it mostly, so HP is out of question. And I will play games on it occasionally, so it'd be nice if the laptop had a graphics card.

I just wanted to know if there are any issues/hidden costs with the CR series or Inspiron.. and if you know of any better models, please let me know. My budget is 40-55k. Any help would be appreciated..

Thanx in advance.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
@ssk_the_gr8

thanks.. But I'd like someone to comment ontouchscreen as well. Thats what I wanna buy it for.

the touchscreen works fine... just found out...
the only problem.. is that the standard battery is a 4-cell Li-on . it gives only 90-120 mins backup... so u better upgrade to a 6-cell Li-on
otherwise this tablet is a good buy..

gopz

In the zone
Hi,

I'm planning to purchase a new notebook very soon. After a bit of research, I've decided to go for either a Vaio CR series notebook or a Dell Inspiron series. I plan to use Ubuntu on it mostly, so HP is out of question. And I will play games on it occasionally, so it'd be nice if the laptop had a graphics card.

I just wanted to know if there are any issues/hidden costs with the CR series or Inspiron.. and if you know of any better models, please let me know. My budget is 40-55k. Any help would be appreciated..

Thanx in advance.

Hi Nim(bu)da :)

Take a look at Dell XPS, instead of Inspiron or VAIO CR. I am suggesting this because you want to play occassional games and also because your budget is upto 55k. You can even consider the Dell Studio but its just slightly cheaper than XPS and has a weaker graphics card.

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Thanx for replying.. and for the new name ;)

Dell XPS seems to go above 55k after taxes (am gonna purchase it from Delhi). I checked out the Dell Studio as well and it seems like a good buy. But I wanna know how Dell's service is. I mean I know that Sony service centers are out there in every small town. But Dell.. I'm not so sure (I'm studying in a not-so-big town in Kerala). Besides, Vaio seems to have a Radeon card too (X2300). How good is it compared to the 3450 that Dell Studio has?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
VGN-CR36G/B and other models in CR series with onboard ATI x2300 look good but one thing that's real bad in Sony laptops is the bloatware that comes with the laptop.

ATI mobility Radeon X2300 is nothing but renamed X1350. It's a directX 9 card.

Better go with Dell XPS with 8600M GT.

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Well the bloatware shouldn't be too much of a prob. since I plan to use Ubuntu. I checked out the performance figures for the X2300 vs 3450. Pretty huge difference. Vaio CR seems like a waste of money..

I heard bargaining is possible for Dell. Do the Sony guys reduce the price too? If I can get that CR for 50k, it'd be a steal. Also, how long would it take for a Dell lappy to get delivered from the time it's ordered? (Ordering from Delhi).

Thanx in advance.

Top Bottom