All laptop related queries here!!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ they say upto two weeks.

My friend got it inside 7 days. Some people in this forum reported delivery inside 2 days and for some it took 2 weeks. :)

please suggest me decent notebook, my requirements are

c2d 2.4 gz 800fsb (or higher config)
3-4 gb ram 667 ( or higher speed)
200-300 gb hdd ( if higher speed less capacity will do)
256 mb dedicated gfx card
15.4" anti glare screen 1400x900 rsolution preferred
and other common features as card readers,usb ports, wifi, ethernet ports etc.

with or without os as I am not interested in vista may use sled or next version of windows,

budget --40k

requirement by year end or next year first quarter.

Spiff

Broken In
my sis possess Dell Inspiron 630m lappy....

it has Y9943 battery ...nd on the battery its written that we can replace battery with Y9943 or C9551...nw i cant find where to order the battery...

the site mentioned on the battery to order battery *www.dell.com/notebookbatteries does not comprise of India in Choose ur region option...

please help...!

Last edited:

sumirjosan

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I have a HP dv 2701tx laptop. Intel core2duo 1.66ghz.
I want to know can I upgrade my processor or motherboard?
If yes then where in India is it done?
Is it possible in Nehru Place, New Delhi?

gopz

In the zone
Hi,

I have a HP dv 2701tx laptop. Intel core2duo 1.66ghz.
I want to know can I upgrade my processor or motherboard?
If yes then where in India is it done?
Is it possible in Nehru Place, New Delhi?

Its not an easy task to source the right motherboard and CPU. First of all, why would yo want to do this? There will be no noticeable performance difference.

Better sell the laptop and buy a new one, if you are looking for a GPU upgrade. Otherwise, this laptop is good enough, do not try to upgrade the CPU and motherboard and invest a lot of money on it!!!

with or without os as I am not interested in vista may use sled or next version of windows,

budget --40k

no suggestions:(:confused::x

gopz

In the zone

budget --40k

You want all this under 40k? Tough, IMO..probably only Acer can satisfy your requirements...but they dont have a 1440x900 15.4" screen :(

And you want it by year end or next year first quarter, dear friend, laptop (generally computer hardware) prices keep varying by each day, so I suggest you come back to this thread around a week before your purchase, and then we can help you.

Spiff

Broken In
my sis possess Dell Inspiron 630m lappy....

it has Y9943 battery ...nd on the battery its written that we can replace battery with Y9943 or C9551...nw i cant find where to order the battery...

the site mentioned on the battery to order battery *www.dell.com/notebookbatteries does not comprise of India in Choose ur region option...

please help...!

guys..pls help... need the battery coz of frequent power cuts in this torrid climate....

gopz

In the zone
guys..pls help... need the battery coz of frequent power cuts in this torrid climate....

Call Dell on 1-800-425-4026 and ask them to transfer you to Bindu J (Spares dept)

She will help you place the order for the battery.

Alternatively, you can email bindu_j@dell.com

If they dont have stock, try ebay.com or your local computer market for a non-genuine one.

Spiff

Broken In
Call Dell on 1-800-425-4026 and ask them to transfer you to Bindu J (Spares dept)

She will help you place the order for the battery.

Alternatively, you can email bindu_j@dell.com

If they dont have stock, try ebay.com or your local computer market for a non-genuine one.

Thanks a ton.....
i knew calling call center can solve the issue...bt the day i posted was sat .....

n costomer care operates only MON to FRI... 9 to 6..

definitely call today..n place the order..

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
HI,
i have a query for my dell inspiron
i m using this for years but nw HDD is giving me problems and it is almosT gone.
rather going for jusT new HDD i want to buy new one. but dont know what shd i do with thiS one.i can go for dell new series but i want to asK that does dell provide any exchange for old laptop's or something like this..i didnt found any but if does then plz tell me how ?

gopz

In the zone
HI,
i have a query for my dell inspiron
i m using this for years but nw HDD is giving me problems and it is almosT gone.
rather going for jusT new HDD i want to buy new one. but dont know what shd i do with thiS one.i can go for dell new series but i want to asK that does dell provide any exchange for old laptop's or something like this..i didnt found any but if does then plz tell me how ?

Well Dell does not provide any exchange offers as far as I know. But you can go to the retailers who sell Dell, they will exchange it, but be aware that they will pay you peanuts.

I suggest that you can post the specs here in the bazaar section, maybe someone will buy it for a reasonable price.

I have a small doubt:

In Dell laptops in India, is it possible to refuse to buy windows vista premium with it ? I heard of several instances where people recorded footage of the process of purging the windows install and returning the install disc and asking for a refund. Also, whats the cost of Windows Vista Premium OEM which Dell would return ? I heard they sometimes return only peanuts back to us.

Spiff

Broken In
I have been playing around with the Dell Inspiron 630m of my sis..:D

I installed the Ubuntu 8.04 LTS bundled with Digit and made it to dual boot with Windows XP Home Edition.

But, the problem now i encountered is the lappy does not boot in one attempt.
i.e, after the Dell logo comes, the screen remains blank and, only a single cursor keeps blinking. Waiting doesn't yield a result. :confused:

Then I need to forcibly shut down the lappy with power button. And the next time it works properly.

Although I encountered the same problem before installing Ubuntu but now it has become a regular problem.:x

zeekftw

heylo
i bought this hp dv6000 series
it has windows XP homepre 2 gb ram AMD 64Turion and NVIDIA 7150 gs
i turned off vsync and all other possible option ran cs and it ws working perfectly on 100fps on 640 reso
frm nxt day m gettin 65 66 fps max on 640 in cs :(
wat could be the prob plz help

ankushkool

Youngling
i wanted a laptop 4 home use and casual gaming for under 50k, i saw vostro 1710 with 2gb ram, c2d 2.0, 160 gb hdd 7200 rpm and 256mb 8600M gs for 49k.
but the only problem is that it does not have a option of glossy screen, only anti glare screen. will it be good for movies and games???

abhagat2

Thanks for managing such a great thread....I was quite helpful for me to decide right hardware for my Lappy...

Today I have ordered Dell Inspiron 1420 with following configuration:

-Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor T5750 2.0 GHz, 2MB Cache, 667 MHz FSB
-Genuine Windows Vista(R) Business 32 bit SP1 Edit (English)
-14.1” Widescreen WXGA (1280x800) Display with True Life(TM)
-Jet Black Color with Matte Finish and Integrated 2MP Webcam
-3GB (1 X 2 GB + 1 X 1 GB) 667MHz Dual Channel DDR 2 SDRAM
-250GB SATA Hard Drive
-Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual 1layer write capabilities
-NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) 8400M GS with 128MB GDDR3 d
-Dell(TM) Wireless 1395 802.11g 54Mbps Wireless Mini Card
-Integrated Stereo Sound
-Dell(TM) Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module
-6-cell 56Whr Lithium Ion Primary Battery
-Dell Small Nylon Case
-90W AC Adapter
-8-in-1 media card reader

I will be paying Rs. 46571 /- for this.......

How do you think this deal is?

There is one more query from my side here, I stay at Navi Mumbai and unlike mumbai we face a lot of voltage fluctuations here(I had UPS before but it burned 4 months back). Thats what the reason my desktop PC gone waste recently.....
Now will my Laptop is gonna suffer the same fate......or AC adapter will protect my Lappy or does it absolutely mandatory for me to get a UPS for my Lappy too....

Top Bottom