All laptop related queries here!!!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Office has rejected the Asus Laptop on ground of the shop "Arya Computech" at e-Mall,didn't comply with PAN number.
I have to seek out a new Quotation from one of the Famous shop in Kolkata "Supreme Technologies - The IT Mall"
There I chose LENOVO S145(15.6inch,AMD Ryzen 3500U,8GB DDR4,...),which is this:--->
LENOVO

@whitestar_999 , @omega44-xt what do you think about this?
Quotation value with GST: Rs.38.5k
Then emi (FREE OF INTEREST) comes to be Rs.1069.00 per month.
Needs SSD as pointed above. Check the warranty policy for DIY upgrades before buying it.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Ultimately Friends, Zeroed on in HP 15s-GR0010AU laptop in "Supreme Infotrade" aka "Supreme Technologies" in Kolkata,Chandni Chowk Area.
Cost including GST comes to Rs.40,500.00

Per month deduction from my Salary will be, Rs.1,125.00 till Dec 2023
They have confirmed me ,to keep at least one Laptop of the above model( for me ) for a week or so,until they receive the amount through NEFT.

Yeah,shall be purchasing a 512GB nvme m.2 (2280) SSD from Crucial. Also a 512GB SATA-III SSD from Crucial. Pocket pinch about Rs.10K(FLIPKART)

kg11sgbg

Changed my mind.
Shall be purchasing a 500GB nvme m.2 (2280) form factor from Crucial ONLY. Not buying the 512GB Sata-III SSD now.

kg11sgbg

Make sure the m.2 port in laptop supports m.2 sata ssd also because m.2 is just a form factor which can support either sata or nvme or both.
According to the sales team,there is one extra RAM slot and one extra nvme m.2 (2280 form factor) ssd card slot.
The 1TB HDD(mechanical) is under sata-III interface connection format. In the future I could swap the 1TB HDD out with a 512GB/1TB sata-III interface SSD drive(not the card).

Receiving a 500GB nvme m.2 ssd card(drive) from Amazon tomorrow.
Purchased this:--->
Crucial 500GB

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
According to the sales team,there is one extra RAM slot and one extra nvme m.2 (2280 form factor) ssd card slot.
The 1TB HDD(mechanical) is under sata-III interface connection format. In the future I could swap the 1TB HDD out with a 512GB/1TB sata-III interface SSD drive(not the card).

Receiving a 500GB nvme m.2 ssd card(drive) from Amazon tomorrow.
Purchased this:--->
Crucial 500GB
That crucial P1 is NVMe ssd but not a good one, kingston A2000 is much better at just a little bit more price.
*www.amazon.in/Kingston-Internal-2000MB-SA2000M8-500G/dp/B07VXCFNVS/

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
If the purchase is for a business why aren't you contacting Dell and Lenovo for business discounts?

Even for a single laptop there should be a discount.

Also, Asus laptops suck in my experience.

kg11sgbg

If the purchase is for a business why aren't you contacting Dell and Lenovo for business discounts?

Even for a single laptop there should be a discount.

Also, Asus laptops suck in my experience.
I am buying HP laptop not ASUS.
Model : 15s-GR0010AU

I am not a businessman,but an employee of a Public Sector Organization. This laptop will remain as mine,only office is endorsing it through an ADVANCE and INTEREST FREE scheme.Payment is done by me,only not in lumsum but broken into 36 monthly installments to be deducted from my salary.
This laptop could be used for personal means,only after office tasks.It is also meant for Work from Home, if and as the case arises.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I am buying HP laptop not ASUS.
Model : 15s-GR0010AU

I am not a businessman,but an employee of a Public Sector Organization. This laptop will remain as mine,only office is endorsing it through an ADVANCE and INTEREST FREE scheme.Payment is done by me,only not in lumsum but broken into 36 monthly installments to be deducted from my salary.
This laptop could be used for personal means,only after office tasks.It is also meant for Work from Home, if and as the case arises.
I see. I am very surprised that a PSU is not looking at getting the best bang for their buck.

kg11sgbg

I see. I am very surprised that a PSU is not looking at getting the best bang for their buck.
Here PSU itself is not buying,but the employee like me are buying,through that Interest FREE Advance scheme.
Amount is capped (limit)upto ₹50,000.00
Now the more amount the merrier(more higher configuration) but also more pocket pinch onto your salary/remuneration.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Here PSU itself is not buying,but the employee like me are buying,through that Interest FREE Advance scheme.
Amount is capped (limit)upto ₹50,000.00
Now the more amount the merrier(more higher configuration) but also more pocket pinch onto your salary/remuneration.
Ah I see, so they don't use their preferred/contracted vendors to get their employees better deals.

kg11sgbg

Ah I see, so they don't use their preferred/contracted vendors to get their employees better deals.
Better deals is a misnomer here in this case.
Except for very high end server machines belonging to our IT Deptt.,the staff uses desktop based on 2GB RAM,128GB HDD,without any GPU.
Vendors are HP for servers,Lenovo,Acer for ordinary level.
Buddy,don't forget,ours is not any Software or Hardware comany,based on IT sector.
It is a financial organization,nonbanking sector.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Better deals is a misnomer here in this case.
Except for very high end server machines belonging to our IT Deptt.,the staff uses desktop based on 2GB RAM,128GB HDD,without any GPU.
Vendors are HP for servers,Lenovo,Acer for ordinary level.
Buddy,don't forget,ours is not any Software or Hardware comany,based on IT sector.
It is a financial organization,nonbanking sector.
In the office's case I would expect them to drive the costs down.

kg11sgbg

In the office's case I would expect them to drive the costs down.
No one would drive the cost down.
This Laptop has to be PURCHASED BY THE USER through a financial scheme backed by office/organization. There are terms and conditions of work associated with this Laptop.
The laptop is not purchased by the organization and handed over to us. It has to be purchased by us and used for office work with personal usage thereafter.

No question of any DISCOUNT or COST DOWN arises here. Everything has to be borne by the employee.

Only respite is that You won't have to PAY LUMSUM initially. Even you could use it for nearly 2 months before the amount from salary deduction starts.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Lenovo Legion 5 - One of the best which I think equal to HP Omen finally listed in Amazon IN by Appario @83K

4800 H + 8GB + 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD + 120 Hz + NVIDIA GTX 1650Ti 4GB Model No : 82B500BMIN

*www.amazon.in/Lenovo-Windows-Graph...d=1608804113&sprefix=amd+4800h,aps,335&sr=8-4

Lenovo Legion 5 - One of the best which I think equal to HP Omen finally listed in Amazon IN by Appario @83K

4800 H + 8GB + 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD + 120 Hz + NVIDIA GTX 1650Ti 4GB Model No : 82B500BMIN

*www.amazon.in/Lenovo-Windows-Graph...d=1608804113&sprefix=amd+4800h,aps,335&sr=8-4
HP Omen with R5 4600H + 1660Ti is 80k these days, will trump the Legion easily in gaming, although 60Hz panel. But 120Hz panel of Legion 5 is still a 70% sRGB panel, not 100% sRGB one, still 120Hz is 2x 60Hz.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
HP Omen with R5 4600H + 1660Ti is 80k these days, will trump the Legion easily in gaming, although 60Hz panel. But 120Hz panel of Legion 5 is still a 70% sRGB panel, not 100% sRGB one, still 120Hz is 2x 60Hz.
Will 1650Ti even able to smoothly drive a 120Hz screen on recent games?

dissel

Cyborg Agent
HP Omen different variant get listed @FK but the seller is not known one - PETILANTE Online

4600H + 1660 Ti 6GB+16GB RAM + 144Hz (Model No: 15-en0036AX) @ 105k INR

*www.flipkart.com/hp-omen-15-ryzen-...n=homepage&ssid=bbo13dv9ds0000001608879268251

4800H + RTX 2060 6GB + 1TB SSD + 16GB RAM + 144Hz (Model No: 15-en0037AX) @ 125k INR [OOS right now]

*www.flipkart.com/hp-omen-15-ryzen-...n=homepage&ssid=bbo13dv9ds0000001608879268251

Top Bottom