All laptop related queries here!!!

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
@whitestar_999 , @RumbaMon19 , @thetechfreak and others, now I am a bit skeptical about the no. of RAM slots in this MSI Modern 14 B10MW-220IN laptop which i had purchased.
Some say there is only a single slot. Some say,there is another free RAM slot for upgrades.

As according to CPU-Z,inside the tool at SPD column,it shows there are 2 slots for RAM. Only one is occupied.

What to do Friends? @whitestar_999 ???
This is what I did:- Search for disassembly video of my laptop. I did this because not only it helped me know the number of slots but also if there is any VOID warranty stickers inside to be taken care of.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

In the zone
Thinking about violating the warranty and attach 8GB DDR4 RAM module by myself.

Whatever happens will be seen later on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dissel

In the zone
^^^Good Idea....Given the situation - If you catch the thing and if it wins over you then you will be paying much more than the Laptop warranty.

kg11sgbg

In the zone
Now a confusion!!!
Someone said that this Laptop (MSI Modern 14 B10MW-220IN) has two RAM slots and some say it has only one RAM slot.

What to do?
Without knowing if I break the Factory seal and see it has having only a single ram slot,then both sides are gone!!!

sling-shot

In the zone
Now a confusion!!!
Someone said that this Laptop (MSI Modern 14 B10MW-220IN) has two RAM slots and some say it has only one RAM slot.

What to do?
Without knowing if I break the Factory seal and see it has having only a single ram slot,then both sides are gone!!!
This page says it is a single slot but removable.

kg11sgbg

In the zone
This page says it is a single slot but removable.

Agreed, but CPU-Z shows 2 RAM slots in SPD column of the tool. :chinscratch:

And what is the use of buying an A-DATA 8GB DDR4 RAM? To replace the Factory set SAMSUNG 8GB DDR4 RAM?
Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPD clearly shows Slot #1 and Slot #2 in CPU-Z

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I can't believe customers are still in dark of the configurations and upgrade options of their PCs in 2020! This confusion seems like a normal thing across several brands. Why can't they mention these basic information about their own products on their webpage? I am also guessing these things does not happen in US/EU/Australia like countries.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
He wants the final answer to his question 'Does his laptop have 2 slots or 1 slot for RAM?'

@kg11sgbg You could try emailing MSI support and get it confirmed by them.
Warranty will be void if he does by himself.
It is irrelevant to know no. of free ram slots if opening laptop by self will result in warranty being void. I would rather try with this for hardware related info:

kg11sgbg

In the zone

kg11sgbg

In the zone
@whitestar_999 ; Friend what it means as above?
2 memory channels present and 1 memory channel active.

Does that mean, there are 2 RAM slots or only 1 RAM slot?

kg11sgbg

In the zone
Now I am fully convinced that this laptop of mine from MSI consist of 2 memory RAM slots.
Screenshot_2.png