All laptop related queries here!!!

can you guys share your opinion on this newly released model?

*www.amazon.in/ASUS-VivoBook-15-6-i...2b3d09f1175a4e393ad5cad58f70d3&language=en_IN

*technosports.co.in/2020/09/25/asus...en-4000u-apus-now-available-via-amazon-india/
Pretty good for 50k considering current scenario, if you are looking for something thin & light

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I have seen that page, it just lists different variants available, not necessarily what's supported. Ask Asus support to get clarification.

I contacted them,

It has two slots, One is SATA, Which is used by HDD. The second one is PCIe Which is Meant for SSD.

This is the reply I got. Now Keeping in mind I need to Use my HDD, I need a PCIe SSD.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl

*www.amazon.in/ASUS-VivoBook-15-6-i...2b3d09f1175a4e393ad5cad58f70d3&language=en_IN

*technosports.co.in/2020/09/25/asus...en-4000u-apus-now-available-via-amazon-india/
The RAM configuration is bad I feel. APUs perform well on dual channel memory. Here they seem to have gimped upgrade possibility by having 4 GB soldered permanently. So either you have to run with effectively 6 GB RAM (2 GB for video) or compromise on speed and add an 8 GB stick.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
The RAM configuration is bad I feel. APUs perform well on dual channel memory. Here they seem to have gimped upgrade possibility by having 4 GB soldered permanently. So either you have to run with effectively 6 GB RAM (2 GB for video) or compromise on speed and add an 8 GB stick.
Does that mean adding a 8GB ram to make the total memory 12 GB with 2 GB dedicated to GFX ?

Sent from my vivo 1610 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is the reply I got. Now Keeping in mind I need to Use my HDD, I need a PCIe SSD.
*www.amazon.in/Kingston-Internal-20...ectronics&sprefix=nvme,electronics,854&sr=1-4

*www.amazon.in/Western-Digital-SN55...ectronics&sprefix=nvme,electronics,854&sr=1-2

HDFC is currently having smartbuy sale where you can get 10% up to 1000 off/month when shopping on amazon. All you need is a hdfc card(debit or credit). Cashback will come in form of points to the linked bank acc to card within 90 days but still take screenshots of transaction pages as proof.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
*www.amazon.in/Kingston-Internal-20...ectronics&sprefix=nvme,electronics,854&sr=1-4

*www.amazon.in/Western-Digital-SN55...ectronics&sprefix=nvme,electronics,854&sr=1-2

HDFC is currently having smartbuy sale where you can get 10% up to 1000 off/month when shopping on amazon. All you need is a hdfc card(debit or credit). Cashback will come in form of points to the linked bank acc to card within 90 days but still take screenshots of transaction pages as proof.

This seems fine. Any Idea how much price will drop in upcoming sales?

dissel

Cyborg Agent
To the ALL Laptop experts, My query Say if user upgrades their Ram to 12GB (4GB + 8GB), Isn't Ryzen 4000 series intelligent enough to assign first 8 GB (4GB + 4GB) portion to Dual Channel and remaining RAM (4GB) assign as Extra RAM?

I was eyeing into Vivo Book Flip 14 4500U with Correct Pricing and Proper Seller like 'Appario' (Not Khardiye etc) with proper stock, not 1-2 left which usually a defective item sourced from someplace else, but the above theory is not correct then there is no point of looking...

dissel

Cyborg Agent

This Laptop which leads to FK link - Nowhere says this come with Upgradable Memory - Right? Or Am I missed something?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
To the ALL Laptop experts, My query Say if user upgrades their Ram to 12GB (4GB + 8GB), Isn't Ryzen 4000 series intelligent enough to assign first 8 GB (4GB + 4GB) portion to Dual Channel and remaining RAM (4GB) assign as Extra RAM?

I was eyeing into Vivo Book Flip 14 4500U with Correct Pricing and Proper Seller like 'Appario' (Not Khardiye etc) with proper stock, not 1-2 left which usually a defective item sourced from someplace else, but the above theory is not correct then there is no point of looking...
Technically it will work in dual channel as dual channel is a feature of mobo but practically the performance will be much inferior to 2 identical ram modules.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
This Laptop which leads to FK link - Nowhere says this come with Upgradable Memory - Right? Or Am I missed something?

I have the Ryzen 5 3500U model, and that has one slot for SODIMM RAM. 4 GB is soldered on MoBo, So I hope the configuration would be same But am not 100% Sure

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I am tried to get the spec for 15 inch from asus global site but for some reason the page kept on loading and I gave up. Will try again.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I am tried to get the spec for 15 inch from asus global site but for some reason the page kept on loading and I gave up. Will try again.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Quoting from here ASUS VivoBook 15 M513IA | Laptops | ASUS Global

Memory

4 GB DDR4 3200MHz SDRAM Onboard memory, 1 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion, total up to 12 GB SDRAM, Dual-channel
8 GB DDR4 3200MHz SDRAM Onboard memory, 1 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion, total up to 16 GB SDRAM, Dual-channel

Top Bottom