All laptop related queries here!!!

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I don't think that's available in Amazon. Not able to find on Amazon

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
In that it might be some similar model. And I got confused. May be it was some Intel processor too. Amazon has a nasty habit of showing Intel based models in between AMD even when searching specifically for Ryzen.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
In that it might be some similar model. And I got confused. May be it was some Intel processor too. Amazon has a nasty habit of showing Intel based models in between AMD even when searching specifically for Ryzen.
Yes it's a Intel based model available on Amazon for around 45 k.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Saw it happen. But I know for a fact that amazon has much superior search engine.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Is screen protector film for laptops a thing?

My last HP has a small chip in the screen due to probably damage from sand or sharp object. This happened in spite of being cared for like a child.

Any other suggestions like additional warranty?

Is screen protector film for laptops a thing?

My last HP has a small chip in the screen due to probably damage from sand or sharp object. This happened in spite of being cared for like a child.

Any other suggestions like additional warranty?
I hate screen protectors because most laptops/monitors have anti-glare panel & glossy screen protectors hamper the experience significantly.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
That is true. I will decide after getting laptop in hand then.

Any other accessories? Pouch probably won't be in the package.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
But I am worried because there seems to be a nearly 10 K price difference between Amazon and Flipkart for this model.

What am I missing here? Seller is RetailNet.

I'm looking for a 4500U model for a long long time with RAM upgradability, I'm perfectly fine if it offers 16GB RAM out of the Box which is not going to happen any time soon. On the other hand pricing of the RetailNet of Flipkart is consistent - Once they declared the price they usually don't change but For Apario Retail of Amazon IN - They fluctuate the price like any other small seller....I observe this HP Envy's 360 price as well HP Omen's Price.
RetialNet stick to the price of HP Omen 4600H + 1650 Ti to 76k fromn the Day 1 but for the same Apario Retail doing the hell of up / down like any small seller - Similar trend observed in HP Envy 360 pricing, once upon a time Apario Hit the 86k for it but RetailNet stick it's pricing to the 75k - Never changed it.

Also similar pricing up/down shown by the Apario with some other ASUS 4500U/4700U model - Model I'm here talking about the one which Geeky Ranjit reviewed 2-3 months back.

Anyhow my respect goes to RetailNet for their price consistency.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
New 4000U series model listed by Apario with RAM upgradability (12GB Only) here are the below

4500U + 512GB SSD + 8GB RAM Upgarde Slot (12GB Max)

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08CHZGPCB/?coliid=I1NF5FH6I569O3&colid=102ICFJILJU5T&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08CHZ5G3C/?coliid=I1PRKFIEGVVFH8&colid=102ICFJILJU5T&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08CHVG9QD/?coliid=I4R8LZAP6N51Z&colid=102ICFJILJU5T&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

4700U + 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD + 8GB RAM Upgarde Slot (12GB Max)

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08CL1CYC3/?coliid=I1JS3DJGUH27LB&colid=102ICFJILJU5T&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08CKZN2L3/?coliid=I1U2J73HTP2N23&colid=102ICFJILJU5T&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Digit Review on HP's Omen 4800H model - It seems to me a little bit biased, They don't recommend it because it is slower than other models they compared because all of them come with 16GB RAM, They know this but still go ahead and test this laptop with All Adobe Suits and reached to a conclusion, the verdicts that it is not recommended for creative works because Adobe rendering is slower....even at some point they recommend to go with Intel Version of this Laptop (as it comes with 16GB RAM) - They never bother to open up the laptop and upgrade the RAM to 16GB and then put a fair fighting chance.

And yeah the Guy cut his hands with this Laptop......

Last edited:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
New 4000U series model listed by Apario with RAM upgradability (12GB Only) here are the below

4500U + 512GB SSD + 8GB RAM Upgarde Slot (12GB Max)

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08CHZGPCB/?coliid=I1NF5FH6I569O3&colid=102ICFJILJU5T&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08CHZ5G3C/?coliid=I1PRKFIEGVVFH8&colid=102ICFJILJU5T&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08CHVG9QD/?coliid=I4R8LZAP6N51Z&colid=102ICFJILJU5T&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

4700U + 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD + 8GB RAM Upgarde Slot (12GB Max)

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08CL1CYC3/?coliid=I1JS3DJGUH27LB&colid=102ICFJILJU5T&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08CKZN2L3/?coliid=I1U2J73HTP2N23&colid=102ICFJILJU5T&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Good thing that at least RAM is at higher clock. But sadly if we upgrade RAM we lose dual channel advantage which is important for Ryzens with integrated graphics. Such a critical component and they took this foolish decision.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Good thing that at least RAM is at higher clock. But sadly if we upgrade RAM we lose dual channel advantage which is important for Ryzens with integrated graphics. Such a critical component and they took this foolish decision.

Yeah....that's the biggest obstacle and this is not just for 4000U series processor, this 12GB shortage/blunder or may I call it to sabotage applicable for 3000U series chipset too.....I clearly remember this 12GB upgradability option,

Anyhow found a Guy @ Youtube who bought similar variant in Bangladesh and he upgrades it to 12GB - upon asking he denying the fact and according to him that there is no performance lost.

Below is the video - Feel free to comment on his video

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saw it happen. But I know for a fact that amazon has much superior search engine.
How? Amazon search engine is really bad when you are trying to fine tune the search results because it lists many other products in same category because of some tag.e.g.if you search for pc cabinets & then sort price wise then you will start getting many results for laptop back panels as they are also tagged somewhere in amazon system as pc case. No such issue(or very less of it) in flipkart search.

How? Amazon search engine is really bad when you are trying to fine tune the search results because it lists many other products in same category because of some tag.e.g.if you search for pc cabinets & then sort price wise then you will start getting many results for laptop back panels as they are also tagged somewhere in amazon system as pc case. No such issue(or very less of it) in flipkart search.
Amazon search engine ain't as good as Google for sure, but better than FK. There were many instances for me on FK when I had to be too specific on FK to get my desired search result but not that specific in amazon. Don't remember an example now, but it happened a lot of times with me.

123hero

In the zone
Amazon search engine ain't as good as Google for sure, but better than FK. There were many instances for me on FK when I had to be too specific on FK to get my desired search result but not that specific in amazon. Don't remember an example now, but it happened a lot of times with me.

FK search is horrible. I searched for "LAPTOP" and it shows me everything but laptops. :crazy:DUH !!. Whats worse is that even if I clearly type what I want - the search result is full of sponsored content /items. For if I search Louis Philippe Shirts - it shows me some "Dennis Lingo / Highlander" shirts.

AMAZON is more reasonable in the searches.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
FK search is horrible. I searched for "LAPTOP" and it shows me everything but laptops. :crazy:DUH !!. Whats worse is that even if I clearly type what I want - the search result is full of sponsored content /items. For if I search Louis Philippe Shirts - it shows me some "Dennis Lingo / Highlander" shirts.

AMAZON is more reasonable in the searches.
*i.imgur.com/DMUKcRb.jpg

I guess you should use lower case or reinstall your app.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

Example of why FK search engine is bad (Ryzen 5 3600X gives correct result):
1602605558940.png

Pretty disastrous result considering that the bike shown is not even Yamaha R5 :grin::grin:
Definitely, not the first time though. That's why I regard amazon's search to be better. I'm not even sure how the algorithm made the decision to show those results, searching inventory by name should bring actual R5 3600X.

Top Bottom