All laptop related queries here!!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks , thinking of going with asus. Rest of the configuration is same as HP right I mean processor . In the description asus mentioned as rayzen second generation and for hp it is third generation. Bit confused here

And ,comparing asus with mi laptop which will be good..?
Ryzen generation naming is confusing so some manufacturers don't put it correctly, just see the model no. & if it is same then no issue(ryzen 4xxx mobile processors are newer than 3xxx processors which are newer than 2xxx processors). Between asus & Mi, latter definitely has a better screen but overall I would still prefer asus because Mi is not an established brand in field of laptops in India.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
The model you quoted seems to be a USA sold model in which case I seriously doubt its availability in India. If you want a sleek & slim laptop & you have the budget then in India the best options are asus zenbook & LG Gram.
It was a very promising Convertible laptop at that price point.
You,sure that it won't come to India anytime later also?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Guys any idea about the HP Envy x360 15z-ds100 convertible laptop and its price in India?

@whitestar_999 @SaiyanGoku or others any idea?

I want to purchase it next year on March~April 2021.
Sorry, I missed this notification. Don't get enough free time these days because of work. :oops:

Personally, I won't use a convertible now. I have used a T200TA and would prefer a bigger screen with higher resolution and refresh rate over touchscreen any day.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Then, leaving that aside,will the HONOR MagicBook Pro 16 (AMD Ryzen 4000 series) be available in India?
As,Huawei is the parent company of HONOR,and it(Huawei) is already banned.

Definitely the above laptop though non-touch in screen, yet beats mostly all premium laptops at that price point.

What are your takes, @whitestar_999 ; @SaiyanGoku ; @sling-shot ; @Nerevarine ; @bssunilreddy and @topgear ?
I mean the thoughts about Honor MagicBook Pro(2020 AMD Ryzen) edition?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Then, leaving that aside,will the HONOR MagicBook Pro 16 (AMD Ryzen 4000 series) be available in India?
They are getting kicked left and right because of USA's regulations. Driver updates might suffer along with availability of spare parts. Do you want to take that risk?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I want to add an SSD in my dad's laptop, Which is ASUS vivobook M509DA. As he needs it mostly for Busy software, managing some PDFs and getting some mails, I have decided to settle upon a cheap SSD. So please recommend me a good and cheap one. I need maximum of 128 GB and as cheap as possible as i will only install windows on it, and rest of HDD will be used for Busy and PDF's

While searching i found this SSD should I go for it? This one

Also point me some guide to migrate windows onto SSD and create its EFI entry in the BIOS.

Last edited:
I want to add an SSD in my dad's laptop, Which is ASUS vivobook M509DA. As he needs it mostly for Busy software, managing some PDFs and getting some mails, I have decided to settle upon a cheap SSD. So please recommend me a good and cheap one. I need maximum of 128 GB and as cheap as possible as i will only install windows on it, and rest of HDD will be used for Busy and PDF's

While searching i found this SSD should I go for it? This one

Also point me some guide to migrate windows onto SSD and create its EFI entry in the BIOS.
Your link doesn't work, but WD Green M.2 SATA is usually the cheapest, with Kingston A400 being a good cheap SSD (under 2k). Not sure if your laptop's M.2 supports PCIe SSD only or supports M.2 SATA as well.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Your link doesn't work, but WD Green M.2 SATA is usually the cheapest, with Kingston A400 being a good cheap SSD (under 2k). Not sure if your laptop's M.2 supports PCIe SSD only or supports M.2 SATA as well.

I just updated the post with corrected link.

My laptop supports PCIe Gen3 x2 M.2 SSD as per manual.

There is a different slot for M.2 SSD. If u need I can attach a picture also.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
The you linked is SATA, this is better in comparison:
Robot Check

This is a PCIe SSD:
Robot Check

Ok, Actually I dont have experience in this so...Anyways Thanks for pointing out.

Avoid this, adata sx6000 series is notorious for over heating.

As I need it for laptop, So Can You please recommend Some good one which does not heat, Though The fan is near to the SSD slot Like this

1601216889050.png

I have marked it with Red Ink. I don't think Fan will have any affect on it since it does not face it.

Also any Idea if I should use any sort of heatsink for it?

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
can you guys share your opinion on this newly released model?

*www.amazon.in/ASUS-VivoBook-15-6-i...2b3d09f1175a4e393ad5cad58f70d3&language=en_IN

*technosports.co.in/2020/09/25/asus...en-4000u-apus-now-available-via-amazon-india/

Ok, Actually I dont have experience in this so...Anyways Thanks for pointing out.

As I need it for laptop, So Can You please recommend Some good one which does not heat, Though The fan is near to the SSD slot Like this

View attachment 19565

I have marked it with Red Ink. I don't think Fan will have any affect on it since it does not face it.

Also any Idea if I should use any sort of heatsink for it?
M.2 port is standard. Ask Asus support if the M.2 port supports SATA along with PCIe or its just PCIe.

Top Bottom