All laptop related queries here!!!

sohan_92

In the zone
Yeah I upgraded to Win10. Drivers up to Win7 only are there for this model.

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk
I was wondering how you are able to run the laptop without any official driver. I guess the graphics driver installed on your laptop is a generic one. No wonder why you are facing the display issue.

@whitestar_999 kindly shade some light over here.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok, I un-installed the imaging devices driver and ran Windows Update. It downloaded the missing driver. After reboot I enabled hardware acceleration in all browsers and the videos are playing fine now. And the webcam is working again from Camera app.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was wondering how you are able to run the laptop without any official driver. I guess the graphics driver installed on your laptop is a generic one. No wonder why you are facing the display issue.

@whitestar_999 kindly shade some light over here.
"Official graphics driver" is usually required in case of older dedicated laptop graphics card.Op laptop has integrated intel graphics though for which I think intel has made a compatible win 10 driver.Most newer/recent dedicated laptop graphics card from nvidia & AMD are also supported by graphics drivers released by nvidia & AMD independent of laptop manufacturer released official drivers.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Hmm..I'll contact Dell then. Thanks guys for your efforts .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a power button problem with my laptop. It has been fixed by local Dell service center. Now, I see that the driver and downloads page of Dell's website has driver of nVIDIA graphics adapter only on Windows 10. I'm thinking of installing Windows 10 since my laptop is a touch enabled device and I'm noticing that Windows 7 is not a touch friendly operating system. And also to check the new graphics adapter available on Dell's support page specifically for my laptop. I want to check whether the graphics adapter is working or not. The service center personnel told that the issue has been fixed. But I can't check it since there is no driver software at the moment. The problem is I need Windows 10. This laptop was shipped with Windows 8.1 Single Language. I upgraded to Windows 10 when the free upgrade was available. Recently when the graphics adapter stopped working, I downgraded by installing pirated Windows 7. Now I need to install Windows 10 to check the nVIDIA Graphics driver. Is the offer of free Windows 10 upgrade still available or will I have to purchase a new copy? If yes, if I choose a digital download will I be able to download it anytime afterwards or is it only a one time download??

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I had a power button problem with my laptop. It has been fixed by local Dell service center. Now, I see that the driver and downloads page of Dell's website has driver of nVIDIA graphics adapter only on Windows 10. I'm thinking of installing Windows 10 since my laptop is a touch enabled device and I'm noticing that Windows 7 is not a touch friendly operating system. And also to check the new graphics adapter available on Dell's support page specifically for my laptop. I want to check whether the graphics adapter is working or not. The service center personnel told that the issue has been fixed. But I can't check it since there is no driver software at the moment. The problem is I need Windows 10. This laptop was shipped with Windows 8.1 Single Language. I upgraded to Windows 10 when the free upgrade was available. Recently when the graphics adapter stopped working, I downgraded by installing pirated Windows 7. Now I need to install Windows 10 to check the nVIDIA Graphics driver. Is the offer of free Windows 10 upgrade still available or will I have to purchase a new copy? If yes, if I choose a digital download will I be able to download it anytime afterwards or is it only a one time download??
You should have a win 8.1 key in the BIOS. And you could ask Dell CC to give you your Win 8.1 key from the service tag.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Once a system is upgraded to win 10 using free upgrade offer it is permanent activation unless mobo of that system is changed.During any win 10 activation a unique hardware ID is generated for the system which is then stored on MS servers so if in future win 10 is reinstalled on that system,it can be activated by simply connecting to net when MS activation servers would recognize the system as previously activated with win 10.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Once a system is upgraded to win 10 using free upgrade offer it is permanent activation unless mobo of that system is changed.During any win 10 activation a unique hardware ID is generated for the system which is then stored on MS servers so if in future win 10 is reinstalled on that system,it can be activated by simply connecting to net when MS activation servers would recognize the system as previously activated with win 10.
Where can I download? Microsoft download site offers to buy.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Hey, on the windows(dot)com website, i chose the option Windows 10 Update, then it successfully upgraded me to Windows 10. Its activated and is not asking for any product key. I guess whitestar_999 is right about MS storing hardware data about machines who upgraded to 10 previously also.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Downloaded the latest driver of Windows 10 from Dell support page and it couldn't detect compatible graphics adapter. The local Dell service provider was not willing to cooperate. Have emailed Dell technical support about this.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
On laptops with graphics card,one must first install intel HD graphics driver & only after that the graphics card driver(nvidia or amd) should be run.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are both the intel HD driver versions same?I mean the one which was in win 7 & the one installed in win 10.If not then try the intel HD driver version which was present when graphics driver was installed & recognizing the graphics card.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Guys, please let me ask one simple que,

i7-7700hq with gtx1050 OR i7-8550u with mx150 for Video editing and rendering purpose?

Zero Gaming Activity.

Top Bottom