All laptop related queries here!!!

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Check this out, it might help CORRUPTED BIOS AND HOW TO FLASH IT ? - Asus - Motherboards
Yeah I did the same thing to flash it but flashed the wrong bios. My pc isn't turning on and I was finding a method to flash a correct bios this time.. So any way to make motherboard detect my pendrive (containing new bios) again and I flash It?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Yeah I did the same thing to flash it but flashed the wrong bios. My pc isn't turning on and I was finding a method to flash a correct bios this time.. So any way to make motherboard detect my pendrive (containing new bios) again and I flash It?

omg thats seriously a tough scenario
if you are lucky it could be a semi-brick or a dual bios mobo

otherwise you may have to try the service centre

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
omg thats seriously a tough scenario
if you are lucky it could be a semi-brick or a dual bios mobo

otherwise you may have to try the service centre
Well, the problem is, I don't have any of those warranty papers.. . So thinking of doing it myself..

$hadow

Geek in making

I don't have any other info on this man. Now your best bet is to take it to the service center and pay for the repair.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Well, the problem is, I don't have any of those warranty papers.. . So thinking of doing it myself..

yeah warranty in India is rather poor
I have come across a forum somewhere where the sole objective is sharing bios's of all laptops and desktops to create an inventory or a custom bios
if i find it again,ill link it
even saiyangoku wanted the link to this forum
sadly I had discovered it 1-2 years ago so I dont have the link atm

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
yeah warranty in India is rather poor
I have come across a forum somewhere where the sole objective is sharing bios's of all laptops and desktops to create an inventory or a custom bios
if i find it again,ill link it
even saiyangoku wanted the link to this forum
sadly I had discovered it 1-2 years ago so I dont have the link atm

Was that by any chance *www.bios-mods.com/ ?
Or :: BIOSMAN Inc :: Consumer Electronics Show : 2009 : CES

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Thank you all of you but I can't find how to make my motherboard detect pendrive containing bios.. I got the correct bios but my motherboard doesn't detect...

Dr. House

No Regrets
Please help me around by suggesting with some excellent yet affordable thermal paste for my 3 and half yrs old corei7 hp dv6 6165tx.
The one that my serviceman puts is some bad chinese paste that works for a month or so.

insaneYLN

In the zone
500GB hard disk drive for a Lenovo G550 laptop

A friend's Lenovo G550 laptop's Western Digital Scorpio Blue 320GB internal hard disk drive recently went kaput. He is looking to purchase a 500GB 2.5'' hard disk drive of a reliable brand; offering a convincing manufacturer's warranty period.
:chinscratch:

Which one should he get?
:unsure:

insaneYLN

In the zone
Re: 500GB hard disk drive for a Lenovo G550 laptop

A friend's Lenovo G550 laptop's Western Digital Scorpio Blue 320GB internal hard disk drive recently went kaput. He is looking to purchase a 500GB 2.5'' hard disk drive of a reliable brand; offering a convincing manufacturer's warranty period.

Which one should he get?

:bump:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Re: 500GB hard disk drive for a Lenovo G550 laptop

Which one should he get?

Hitachi or WD like Saiyangoku suggested
OR
an SSD if he wants to give it a new lease of life(expensive and limited storage but speedy and uses lesser power=better battery life and speed)

^choice is based on requirements,personally I need a large capacity hdd most of the time so I havent put an SSD in my primary slot

Top Bottom