All laptop related queries here!!!

soumya.shanker

Right off the assembly line
Okay, I'm looking for a laptop in the 45000-50000 range.

I'll primarily be using the laptop for
1. LAN gaming. Nothing too extreme as far as games is concerned, I'll be happy if the new games run smoothly, with medium graphics....dont need all the bells and whistles activated.
2. Music - Pretty much throughout the day, dont need good laptop speakers, just a sound card which will give decent output on my headphones/speakers
3. Networking - I am connected to the LAN 10-12 hours a day, and am a pretty heavy internet user.
4. Battery life - Anything will be an improvement after my present Acer. I'll be happy with around 2 hours.

The HP Pavilion series looks ideal, but all my friends who have bought it complain of physical problems, eg: keys breaking off, CD drives not working. Do all HP's have this problem?

My comp guy suggested the Lenovo 3000 N100 0768A35. This got a pretty low score in the C-net reviews, plus it doesnt seem to have much gaming capability. Any views on this notebook?

A final question, is it worth shelling out money to change the screen of my current ACER ASpire 3002 NLC, running on an AMD sempron, which is slow and cranky, and has already lasted me 2 years. I have the usual "vertical lines on LCD" problem, and need to replace it.
Here's hoping for some good recommendations......

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@soumya

I guess Lenovo N100 has celeron processor n considering ur needs, its a definite no-no.

Chk d Lenovo A-39/A-35 laptops. One of dem has a core2duo processor wit 512RAM, dvd writer, 15.4", Bluetooth, wifi, etc. It wil cost u arnd 47.5K

If u can extend ur budget to Rs.56k, Lenovo Y100 wud b d best deal. It comes wit a tv tuner card w/remote, dolby system, etc...

HP doesnt hav d prbs u hav mentioned. Such prbs r rarity wit HP.

How much is d dealer quoting 4 new LCD screen?

rohanwadhwa

Broken In
Gaming Laptop.

Hi..
i am planning t buy a loptop in 60 - 65k range.. I want to primarily use it for gaming.. Im looking for one with a decent grachics card, and atleast 1 GB RAM..

I saw Lenovo 7761-6AQ with 1.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1 GB DDR2(667 Mhx), Geforce 7400 ( 256MB with Turbo Cache), 15.4", 100GB 5400 SATA which is available for RS 68500 at Nehru Place, Delhi.
Can some one please tell me, does the above graphics card have shared or dedicated memory..?

please also advice any other good laptops in this range if you have some other in mind..
Thanx a lot.

dragonlord

Broken In
Re: Gaming Laptop.

TurboCache eats a share of the system memory
rohanwadhwa said:
Hi..
i am planning t buy a loptop in 60 - 65k range.. I want to primarily use it for gaming.. Im looking for one with a decent grachics card, and atleast 1 GB RAM..

I saw Lenovo 7761-6AQ with 1.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1 GB DDR2(667 Mhx), Geforce 7400 ( 256MB with Turbo Cache), 15.4", 100GB 5400 SATA which is available for RS 68500 at Nehru Place, Delhi.
Can some one please tell me, does the above graphics card have shared or dedicated memory..?

please also advice any other good laptops in this range if you have some other in mind..
Thanx a lot.

anandf12000

Broken In
hi guys i have compaq presario v3133AU with the following config
AMD Turion 64 X2
1.6 ghz
80 gb Hdd
512 mb
Anything to upgrade to my pc.

my system is always on with internet , downloading lots of stuff
my system heats up so much. anyone known about which is the best cooler fan.
i also need to which is the best extenal hard disk for laptop.

rohanwadhwa

Broken In
Asus G1

Hey guys,
Just wanted to check if anyone could tell me where can I find ASUS G1 laptop in Delhi ( or anywhere in India)...

Thx.
Rohan
Find its review here...
*www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3403&review=Asus+G1

Sourabh

Laptoping
Re: Asus G1

rohanwadhwa said:
Hey guys,
Just wanted to check if anyone could tell me where can I find ASUS G1 laptop in Delhi ( or anywhere in India)...

Thx.
Rohan
Find its review here...
*www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3403&review=Asus+G1

Won't find one for sale in India. G1 laptop means serious business with a high-end config like that and still priced less than $2k. They sell like hot cakes even in US. It has to be pre-ordered accompanied by a considerably long wait. ASUS doesn't have much of a presence in India for their notebooks, neither for AsMobile (Built on ASUS), nor Ensembles (which don't offer any customisation, comes with a standard config)

So, getting it from abroad is the only option.

dragonlord

Broken In
Sony VAIO with GeForce7400 for 70k

Guys,

SONY VAIO VGN-C15GP has a Gefore 7400 and has similiar config as HP2117&6114TX and doesn't cost a bomb (SonyWorld dealer @ Chennai quoted 70k) .

Any reviews or does anyone have it ?

Also, is there a sonyStyle site for india ?

rohanwadhwa

Broken In
Geforce

hi again..
Am still looking for a laptop with a nvidia Geforce Go 7600 ( or more) Graphics card.. within 70k range.. Found only 2 close to what i was looking for...

Lenovo 7761 - 6AQ - > With only Gefoce 7400. And not sure how Lenovo is as compared to other brands like Hp..

Hp dv 9010 - > A bit above my range.. For around 90k...

Incase any of you has any other model in mind close to what i am looking for, please suggest....

Thx a lot..

dragonlord

Broken In
Re: Geforce

Dell Inspiron 9400
-> With Ati X1400 = 70k
-> with Gefore7900GS = 80k
As per the Notebookreview.com graphics card comparison, AtiX1400 and Gefore7400 has comparable performance. Not sure though. [*forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=39568]

rohanwadhwa said:
hi again..
Am still looking for a laptop with a nvidia Geforce Go 7600 ( or more) Graphics card.. within 70k range.. Found only 2 close to what i was looking for...

Lenovo 7761 - 6AQ - > With only Gefoce 7400. And not sure how Lenovo is as compared to other brands like Hp..

Hp dv 9010 - > A bit above my range.. For around 90k...

Incase any of you has any other model in mind close to what i am looking for, please suggest....

Thx a lot..

soumya

In the zone
Is this notebook good?

*www-604.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...18425052502&dualCurrId=1000105&catalogId=-356

skrbhatt

Broken In
guys, i was thinking of buying a general purpose laptop.I do play games, but need not at high res.
I am thinking of dell inspiron 6400.
I have a few doubts.i can add another 5k to make the total 65k.what should i buy?
processor: 1.8 core2 to 2ghz core2.
RAM: 512 to 1 gb
or the gfx card.
Which do you think is the most appropriate?the proc?

hailgautam

Youngling
@skarbhatt, you can add a graphics card to your dell 6400, it will run the games. Ram you can upgrade later, processor and graphics can't.

hackers2005.3721

In the zone
hey does any one has v3133au and can the owner tell me how is it can it play nfs undergroung and about ram 512 or ungrdding needed

and also my frd i wnat to know about v6106 can anyy one show mw its picture and does it have the couting

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
skrbhatt said:
guys, i was thinking of buying a general purpose laptop.I do play games, but need not at high res.
I am thinking of dell inspiron 6400.
I have a few doubts.i can add another 5k to make the total 65k.what should i buy?
processor: 1.8 core2 to 2ghz core2.
RAM: 512 to 1 gb
or the gfx card.
Which do you think is the most appropriate?the proc?

go for graphic card.. it will really help in long run.,..

naveenchandran

In the zone
After a long time back to forums..... ;)

I am planning to take a notebook... [Next Month]

Budget ~35K

I need a good/descent Speed
Proccessor: [Core DUO / Turion 64]
Ram >=512MB
>=60 GB HDD
Descent Graphics...

Size, Weight doesn't matter!
Any Make..

Please Suggest the BEST Notebook.

doctorarnab

Right off the assembly line
I want to buy a laptop for home use in the price range of 30k-35k. i use mostly for surfing, office program and some movie viewing. i have shortlisted 1.Lenovo Y500 77611AQ
2.Compaq Presario C301TU
3. LG FD-225QA2
for this. Which one of this would be a good buy? LG Xnote looks great and has 512RAM while the other two have256. All other specs are same. Can LG notebooks be trusted? Whats the general opinion regarding LG Notebooks? what other models of HP/Compaq/Acer can I consider. Please give ur user experience. all suggestions would be welcome. also i want to know whether the lenovo model comes with a TV tuner card or I have to buy it separately?
Please reply.
Thanks.
Dr. Arnab

Top Bottom