All-in-one Media Player for Rs.7k, BUT....?

johnybravojr

Broken In
Hi,

I was browsing for Media Players, and my criteria was that it should have an in-built HDD/HDD slot. And "THIS" popped out, and for 7k, it has everything and more:
  1. HDD(2.5"/3.5") slot(internal HDD=cheaper than external HDD)
  2. Universal Remote(wow, I am already fiddling with 3 remote controls)
  3. Network-compatibility(future-ready; I wasn't actually looking for this feature)
  4. USB 2.0/3.0(compatibility)
  5. 7.1 Audio
  6. HDMI 1.3(comes with the cable too)
  7. And much more

I have 2 concerns though:
  1. Product support(warranty, post-warranty service, etc) in India
  2. Cost factor-adding a 1TB 3.5" internal HDD to the total, should be cheaper than a branded MP with 1 TB in-built(not external) HDD.

I'd like to decide after obtaining expert opinion from you all! Any suggestions?

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
there are a few people using measy X6 and pretty satisfied over at HFV forum, but i cant tell about warranty aspect. try talking to a user at that forum (for eg, BLASTO is one such member there who has used this player).

another option for you at 5300/- would be A.C. Ryan PlayOn Essential. its a well-know Dutch brand, and they have their official distributor at vikhroli at mumbai. this player which i've quoted comes with an inbuilt 1-TB of HDD, and supports upto 2-TB. further specs can be looked over at the company's official website. this is a pretty good player for normal usage.

HD Media Player, AC Ryan India, Play on HD India, True HD media players

Home :: AC Ryan | Defining Digital Entertainment

abhidev

Human Spambot
go for WD media player...its an excellent product...but its out of your budget...its for arnd 10k but its worth it

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
there are a few people using measy X6 and pretty satisfied over at HFV forum, but i cant tell about warranty aspect. try talking to a user at that forum (for eg, BLASTO is one such member there who has used this player).

another option for you at 5300/- would be A.C. Ryan PlayOn Essential. its a well-know Dutch brand, and they have their official distributor at vikhroli at mumbai. this player which i've quoted comes with an inbuilt 1-TB of HDD, and supports upto 2-TB. further specs can be looked over at the company's official website. this is a pretty good player for normal usage.

HD Media Player, AC Ryan India, Play on HD India, True HD media players

Home :: AC Ryan | Defining Digital Entertainment
whats the exact address of vikhroli?

a comparison of AC Ryan vs WD Live will be good :grin:

update: got the address...thanx for the link

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
if OP can extend his budget, i would highly recommend to him HiMedia 900B with the latest realtek 1186DD chipset or the Egreat R200S with the same chipset ! both of these would cost ~10.5k, and have USB 3.0, as well as HDMI 1.4a to play 3D content fully.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
if OP can extend his budget, i would highly recommend to him HiMedia 900B with the latest realtek 1186DD chipset or the Egreat R200S with the same chipset ! both of these would cost ~10.5k, and have USB 3.0, as well as HDMI 1.4a to play 3D content fully.

is it available in India....
specs say that it will also update to Android OS...
& has 2D to 3D converter..cool :grin:

OP
J

johnybravojr

Broken In
go for WD media player...its an excellent product...but its out of your budget...its for arnd 10k but its worth it

I am actually looking for a Player+Internal HDD(minimum 1TB). So the budget is not necessarily Rs. 7k. As you can see, the player I've mentioned doesn't come with a HDD.

This isn't network enabled, right? And no, they don't come with a HDD. Its only optional. See this->PlayOn Product Pricelist India

Again, do these offer after-sales support in India? Do they come with an Internal HDD?

abhidev

Human Spambot
I am actually looking for a Player+Internal HDD(minimum 1TB). So the budget is not necessarily Rs. 7k. As you can see, the player I've mentioned doesn't come with a HDD.

WD media player has 2 variants...one with and without 1TB storage...the one without hdd comes at arnd 7k

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@ OP - the 'essential' can be had with an HDD included in the box. you will have to ask aqtronics for that, for a cost ofcourse. and yes, it isnt network enabled, though can be upgraded to be so.

also, try contacting raghu at detna. he's the distributor for himedia here. he would be able to tell about the ASS of himedia. some other websites where it can be had from are focalgadgets, futeko, etc. detna link :

Detna Shop

also, if you can wait, then i'll suggest you checking out xtreamer prodigy, which is yet to be released. it fulfills your network requirements too, has full-fledged support here, and is going to be a very versatile product :

Xtreamer Prodigy Announcement!

contact xtreamer india here for more info :

Xtreamer India ::

else, if you feel confused and can extend your budget still more, build an HTPC ;)

you can compare various media players here :

*www.iboum.com/net-media-players.php

P.S. - Have you tried PS3 media server ? you dont need to have a ps3 for that !

Top Bottom