Hi guys !

I wish I'm posting at the right place..

My PC Configuration-

AMD Phenom II x4 960T
4GB RAM
HD 7850 2GB
HDD=500GB+1TB
Win7 64-bit

Few days back I was playing NFS Rivals and noted that it was lagging horribly with the intervals of 10-15 secs .I thought it was because my PC's specs matched the minimum requirements of the game,so i ignored it.

After some time ,I started playing on VBA [GBA Emulator] and noted that even it was lagging after every 10 secs .

So what is the problem exactly? I've tried the following but still no luck :(

Tried to move the game to 1 TB HDD because the OS is installed in the 500 GB one.
Tried to look for viruses .
Checked on google

Please help me ASAP .

Thank you
Abhishek532

tkin

Back to school!!
What softwares are running in background? If its a newly installed OS check if something called ngen.exe is running, or any other software consuming a lot of CPU.

OP
A

Abhishek532

Broken In
[MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION]
Nope there is nothing like "ngen.exe" in the Task Manager's Processes .
[MENTION=278823]sakthibruce[/MENTION]
There is no overheating in the cabinet .I used "Open Hardware Monitor" to check .
Processor Max temp- 49.5 C
GPU Max temp- 35 C
RAM Max Usage- 1.4 GB
Free- 2.6 GB

sakthibruce

Broken In
Always check the temperature in bios bro. Third party soft give false information IMHO. Shutdown the PC for 45minutes and then try also turnoff the internet .

2kool2btrue

In the zone
What PSU are you running? I've seen people getting jerky performace because the power supply cannot deliver adequate power to the components.

OP
A

Abhishek532

Broken In
[MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION]
Capture.PNG [MENTION=278823]sakthibruce[/MENTION]
System Temperature-35 C
CPU Temperature -75 C
After 1-2 hours of gaming [MENTION=232182]2kool2btrue[/MENTION]
Seasonic S12 II 520W

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=271204]Abhishek532[/MENTION] do you have the resources to check the voltages from the PSU?

2kool2btrue

In the zone
What would be your GPU's max temperature? 35 degrees? is that under load? something looks fishy.
Do 2 things to check for CPU and GPU throttling.
1. Download Furmark, GPU-Z and MSI Afterburner. Run all 3 together for 15 mins and post the screenshots here. Look for temperatures and clocks
2. Download Intel Burn Test and CPUZ. Again stress test it for 30 mins and look at the clock speed with CPUZ.

If either of it keeps throttling down we will know the culprit. If now, then we'll get to the PSU and maybe even RAM.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

PS - what drivers are you running? 14.3 beta 1? maybe you could use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from guru3d and wipe your current drivers with the tool. Try 13.11 beta 6. However, first check the above 2 things

OP
A

Abhishek532

Broken In
rijinpk1
1.jpg
Capture.jpg
anirbandd
Nope :(
2kool2btrue
Ill check that in a while...

- - - Updated - - -

These are the results of Furmark after 15 mins .
Capture.jpg

sakthibruce

Broken In
Ur CPU temp is 70 right. I think its a more than 2 years old PC. First change the thermal paste go with artic silver 5. I think that's enough

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
rijinpk1
View attachment 14222
View attachment 14221
anirbandd
Nope :(
2kool2btrue
Ill check that in a while...

- - - Updated - - -

These are the results of Furmark after 15 mins .
View attachment 14223

no issues..

dont use furmark too much.

your temps look fine..

- - - Updated - - -

btw, use HWinfo to get all the max min reading during a gaming session. dont use furmark. or try running uniengine in a loop for 30-mins..

start the HWinfo before running the benchmark and then get the screen shot after closing it.

Top Bottom