All Calcuttans in Digit

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
Hey Guys, Let me in!!! I am Soumya from Barasat. I am doing BBA (H) 2nd yr from B.P. Poddar Institute of Management and Technology (Salt Lake Sector-V campus near Capgemini).

OP
sabret00the

sabret00the

Youngling
got gauravakaasid's p.m. well I'am open to meeting up wid u guys anyday.....no issues with me.I think the reason why I wanted to setup this Calcutta Chapter was to bring close people of the same likings and so that we cud communicate more easily and sort out each others tech issues and problems and so on...

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hello Kolkatans,

First of all merry christmas and season's greetings.

It's being a long time since I am writing in this thread. I require some help from you, if possible. I have posted in many threads here that I have been incorrectly billed on account of using dataone broadband (plan: home 500). They did not consider the night unlimited usage as free and gave me a huge bill considering the night unlimited usage as extra broadband usage charge over 1024MB. The first erroneous bill came in the 2nd month of usage only, i.e. July 2006. The connection was taken in June 2006. I have given numerous applications to the local AOTR, Commercial officer, SDE (Broadband), DGM (Broadband), GM (Broadband), etc since August 2006 to rectify my bill but they have fallen into deaf ears. My applications were accompanied with proper proof. Sometimes BSNL reported they have lost the application and told me to give another, sometimes the AOTR told me there are no free usage in Home 500 :eek: , sometimes they are on leave on visiting days, sometimes they come to office at 12:30PM (when visiting hours are from 11AM-1PM), sometimes they do not come to office altogether.

This has been continuing from August 2006 onwards. Now, since BSNL has been indefinitely delaying the correction of the erroneous telephone bills, additional wrong bills have been generated month after month. Since september'06, all incoming and outgoing facilities on the phone has been withdrawn and since december 2006, I am not being able to connect to Dataone. On checking from someone else's connection, I found that my username has been suspended, due to which I cannot extract fresh usage records from the site for months sept, oct, nov 2006 etc, if indeed I need them as proof for submitting a fresh application. Initially BSNL made some rosy promises regarding my application so I did not save the usage records for Sept, oct, nov 2006. I only have the usage records for july and august with the night unlimted usage clearly highlighted.

Since I am nnot being able to use any of their services (either bfone or dataone) since this month, I made an application to disconnect all services and take the ADSL modem from my house. But they did not receive the application saying that they need clearance from the accounts department. Then I made another application to send me a separate bill for the phone as the dataone bill is disputed. They did not entertain it. After all, the reason for the first application (disconnection) was for a reason. If I do not get to use ANY of BSNL's services, why should they charge me and why should I give useless rentals?

Myself and my family are thoroughly fed up, disgusted and want to severe all ties with BSNL inspite of them announcing rosy 1Mbps/2Mbps plans. So just wanted to ask you friends, do any one of you have had a similar experience with billing problems with BSNL? If so, please post here. My family is seriously thinking of moving to consumer court. We will appeal to correct the bill, that's the primary objective. Secondary appeal is to seek monetary compensation in terms of customer harrasment, delays and what not. They will have two alternatives, either to give the amount of money they have wrongly billed (in excess of Rs.50000 in over 5 months) or give me unlimited use of their 1Mbps connection for 100 months for Rs.500 monthly rental (Rs.500 X 100 = Rs.50000). They cannot charge a single paisa for it. If I win the case, they will be doomed.:mad:

If anyone has had a similar experience, please post here. Then we could move to court together.

OP
sabret00the

sabret00the

Youngling
john_the_ultimate said:
Hey rohit, not a big list but these are whom I had recently purchased from:

For LEADTEK and Zebronics products (GFX card, cabinet, PSU etc)
M.D. Computer
16/1 Ganesh Chandra Avenue,
Kolkata - 700013 (Near Exide Showroom)
Ph: 2234-6274
2253-7133
Contact persons: Mr.Pankaj & Pradeep
Distributor for Leadtek and Zebronics : 32403299 (Top Notch Infotronics Pvt. Ltd.)

For BENQ products (LCD monitor, optical drives etc.)
BENQ Kolkata
6, Ganesh Chandra Avenue,
Kolkata - 700013.
Ph: 22346347
Contact persons: Mr.Koushik Sahu & Jitendra Chopra

For Corsair products (Memory module, PSU, Water cooling)
Tirupati Enterprises
11, Robert Street, 1st Floor,
Behind Indian Airlies Building,
Kolkata - 700012
Ph: 22251192

For Coolermaster products (Cabinet, PSU, Water Cooling etc.)
Classic Computers
24, Netaji Subhas Road,
B.B.D. Bag,
Kolkata - 700001
Ph: 22104124

For AOC ( LCD Monitor) and WACOM (Graphic Tablets) products
Advance Management System Ltd.
1, Tilak Road (Behind Deshpriyo Park)
Kolkata - 700029
Ph: 24639889/ 90/ 91
Contact person: Mr. Sanjay Chajjer

For Antec products (Cabinet , PSU etc)
Alfatech
G-48, Kamalalaya Centre
156A, Lenin Sarani
Kolkata - 700013.
Ph: 2215-7901
3095-5839
Contact person: Mr. Pranay Agarwal

For Palit products (GFX card and tech-com products)
Shree Sagarmatha Distributors Pvt. Ltd.
14, Chandani Chowk Street,
Kolkata - 7000072
2nd Floor (above Haji Hotel)
Ph: 9830031487
Contact person: Mr. Sandip Nandi

These are few, will update when possible.

reposting the info provided by John in the Calcutta thread

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
Gr8 news finally we have McDonalds at Park Street. De position owned by Blue Fox is now McDonalds. Go chek out the happy price menus.
I'm Lovin It.

rb_kaustuv

BW Waster Certified
Hi Guys,
I am the latest addition as of today...
Kaustuv from Airport Area..working at Sector V ..
Glad to see this section specifically for the Calcutta people :D
Hey guys.. i need your help urgently!!!. Am having trouble with my machine.Whenever i try to boot my hard disks start making a clanking sound as if the heads are stuck and can't move. Sometimes its the primary Hard Disk and sometimes its the Secondary One. Also at that point if i inter-change the molex connectors the PC boots but my AGP card warns me that it's not receiving enough juice to power up. Again if i plug out the DVD-Writer then sometimes it boots fine with no AGP woes (i.e. it gets all the juice) and other times it still gives me the that the card is not getting enough power. Guys help me solve the problem. I am having a Navtech 400W SMPS. If it really the SMPS problem then am willing to change it . Else if it is because of the Hard Disk having worn out their lives then i need to get it replaced at once for i have no intention of loosing all my precious data ..specifically my Steam files of which no current back up exists..

HELP!!!!

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
Ok, Let us have a meet on "March 17th", i.e. next Saturday, or maybe it can be Sunday, 18th March, Someone please suggest a good meeting spot, and how many can be there, this has already been postponed too long.

EDIT: Meet canceled due to tension in the city

Last edited:

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Hi i am from Diamond Harbour, i can meet you 17 march :).....but where? It will be better if the meeting place is in central or south kolkata.....

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
cant say right now, but i guess a central location wud b ideal. like park street, esplanade, or the maidan (we can all fit there). take care

regards,
sam

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
hey guys, glad to see so many willing to meet at last. wat abt McDonald's? i wanna love it too :D

@sysfilez...hope ya like my idea :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom